Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lou Sytsma
    replied
    Johnny Depp and Timothy Burton need a professional divorce.

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    Like Joe said, I also can't make any comparisons but I certainly did enjoy it. Definitely not boring as someone previously stated. Parts of it I found a bit much but that was more toward the end.

Spoiler!

But I went with it and still enjoyed it. I just enjoy watching Johnny Depp. Something about the way he talking and his manuerisms? I can't spell that one. Anyway I thought it was good.

7/10 for me.

Leave a comment:

• Joe315
    replied
    I thought it was ok. I never saw the show or even knew of its existence beforehand so I can't make any comments regarding that. It definitely wasn't Depp/Burton's best work.

Leave a comment:

• paperdragon
    replied
    This movie is a clunker, boring beyond belief. My wife and I were exchanging glances about half way through. Tim Burton is one of my fav directors but this is his worst movie in my opinion. His sets are usually so much fun and the camera work top notch. Its neither fun, nor intriguing. There are scenes here and there but not enough to make it worth going to the theater for.
    Last edited by paperdragon; 05-21-2012, 06:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Hell, I wish they'd've left Thunderbirds alone, but that didn't stop them from trashing that bit of my childhood.

Leave a comment:

• Joe315
    replied
    I agree with you on leaving some movies alone but doing remakes can open up the story to all new audiences. I had never heard of Dark Shadows before I heard of the movie. And it was a TV show before so I think a remake isn't really the correct term since its being released in a different media.

Leave a comment:

• Randy D. Rubin
    replied
    I wish they'd leave the old classics alone. I LOVED Dark shadows as a kid and would rush home to watch at four in the afternoon, sometimes fighting for the TV to watch. The trailer for this looks like a comedic sham of what Dark Shadows was for me... scary, intense at times, eerie music, sad images, okay sometimes poor acting, but what a Soap Opera. To me this would be like making something as iconic as The Godfather into a Tyler Perry, 'Italian Madea' comedy. I say leave the good 'old' stuff alone. What's next? A finger painted version of the Cistene Chapel? Maybe a Bram Twain Prize for Comedic Horror contributions.

Leave a comment:

• Joe315
    replied
    I'm generally a fan of Burton/Depp collaborations. It looks good and I will most likely see it when it comes out. And I really enjoyed Sweeney Todd.

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    Well You enjoyed it alot more than I did even though I really liked it. lol

Leave a comment:

• Hedda Gabler
    replied
    I loved Sweeney Todd to the point I went out and bought the soundtrack and played it in my car for months. My kids were so sick of it.

Leave a comment:

• tweetygirl0606
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    I used to rush home from school to watch the original! Barnabas Collins was the best!!! I got to meet Jonathan Frid many, many years later, interesting experience. I hope he can make some money off of this one.
    Same here..I loved that show...had a crush on Quentin Collins..hehehe!! I definitely want to see this movie...love Johnny Depp!!

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    I loved jigsaw puzzles as a kid, and one time my sister's boyfriend let me borrow a Dark Shadows puzzle that he had. It was only 500 pcs (I think) but was very tough since most of it was black.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    I first learned about Dark Shadows through the pages of Famous Monsters of Filmland.

This show looked like a lot of fun, but, living in the Netherlands, I obviously couldn't watch it.
    Till a couple of years ago. Through Amazon, I ordered the first set of Barnabas Collins episodes, liked what I saw, and ordered some more...and more.
    So far, I've seen a couple of hundred episodes - and though it's very, very slow, and the acting's so-so, I do like this series.

Can't wait to see Tim Burton's take.

sk

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Dark Shadows looks to be a lot of fun. I've seen a couple episodes of the show as a kid, but don't really remember it. This movie seems to be set many years later, and treating it in a more humourous way.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by Teriw View Post
    I enjoyed sweeny Todd. I don't know anyone else who did though.
    I really liked Sweeney Todd.
    Can't really compare it to any other version, as I haven't seen any.

sk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X