No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our one dog doesn't like thunderstorms - he likes to curl up in a blanket.

Brian: I almost went and purchased some fireworks for Sunday night. Fireworks are only supposed to be used on Victoria Day (May long weekend before the US holiday), Canada Day (July 1), 4th of July, and New Year's Eve. We also live in an area where the houses are fairly close together - but it is a very quite neighbourhood, and there are people nearby who occassionally buy some. We opted not too, and didn't even do a bonfire (which are technically banned in the city of Windsor). We are very careful though when it comes to fireworks - only did it once or twice.

Bonfires though - those are a weekly event. Sometimes lately it's been too hot to sit outside though, and the mosquitoes have been kind of bad too - very muggy here in general in summer.

Comment

Just remembered this from this last weekend.....

When you go to Subway and order a BLT - what would you expect to get....a sandwich with Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato right????

Well, apparently when you order a BLT, and they ask what you want, if you say green pepper and onions - you get a sandwich with some strips of Bacon, and green peppers and onions. No L, No T......

Should I really have to spell that out, that I want lettuce and tomato, on a Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato sub????? The worker tells me that I have to specify that, that some people like it that way..... really?????

Should I expect to get chicken and bacon, if I order a chicken, bacon, ranch....?

Comment

They should pretty much just have the menu be a la carte. Pick a bread, a meat, and toppings, and then decide if you want it toasted (microwaved) or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
          Consider yourself very lucky because when I did have dogs, they went berserk during storms and from fireworks
          We have been very lucky with our dog. We have even thrown around the idea of cloning her with the hope that her temperament and personality would be transferred.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
            We have been very lucky with our dog. We have even thrown around the idea of cloning her with the hope that her temperament and personality would be transferred.
            Yes very lucky - our one dog is a psycho especially when it comes to different people, animals, sounds. The joys of a small dog though - 1/2 minpin, 1/2 chihuahua

Comment

my sister had a chihuahua and you couldn't get near that damn thing, if it had been larger, it would have killed somebody

Comment

A buddy of mine has a 6lb pure chihuahua, and he tells me the same thing. Meanest, loudest 6lbs of dog you could imagine apparently.

It's called little man syndrome!

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                  Fireworks are only supposed to be used on Victoria Day (May long weekend before the US holiday), Canada Day (July 1), 4th of July, and New Year's Eve.
                  Is this a Windsor or provincial thing because it is the first I have heard of it. The biggest "holiday" for fireworks where I come from is actually Halloween. Generally in Sydney you only see fireworks from the City during Action week(NONE for canada day, unless they changed that after Bike Fest started paying for the action week ones. the best ones they ever had were the first year they paid for it and they had a huge parge light up with the harley logo on it) and then normally people set them off in their yards on halloween, which I still think is weird even though it seems to be the norm.

Also, My sister's 2lb Chihuahua has little lady syndrome. She can be a psycho at sometime but often very very sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                    Is this a Windsor or provincial thing because it is the first I have heard of it. The biggest "holiday" for fireworks where I come from is actually Halloween. Generally in Sydney you only see fireworks from the City during Action week(NONE for canada day, unless they changed that after Bike Fest started paying for the action week ones. the best ones they ever had were the first year they paid for it and they had a huge parge light up with the harley logo on it) and then normally people set them off in their yards on halloween, which I still think is weird even though it seems to be the norm.

Also, My sister's 2lb Chihuahua has little lady syndrome. She can be a psycho at sometime but often very very sweet.
                    What I referred to was a city by-law for homeowners to set off fireworks in their yards - I'm sure it's just a City of Windsor thing.

The best one here in the Canada Day/4th of July international fireworks display we share on the Detroit River with the City of Detroit - sponsored recently by Target (used to be by Hudson's). That's awesome!

Comment

Calgary hosts a fireworks competition every year. I forget what it's called but I missed out this year because its not cheap(unless you watch from elsewhere for free but I was alone either way that week) I googled it, Globalfest. Going to try to go next year.

Comment

The Windsor - Detroit fireworks show has been going on for years. It's called SummerFest in Windsor now, but used to be the International Freedom Festival - the fireworks show can dray hundreds of thousands of people to both sides of the river. Many Americans come over here to Windsor though - lower drinking age (although this is a booze free event - but located downtown and the bars aren't far). Plus Windsor is a much much safer city than Detroit.

And like you mentioned, they tow 3 barges, and close the river to any freighter traffic for a couple hours.

Comment

Teriw - here is a link to this year's fireworks.

I live about 10km away, and can see the flashes over the houses and hear them quite clearly too. I haven't gone down in a couple, even though there is no admission and the city provides free bus transportation from certain locations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upQUzZidJp0

Comment

They dont look that spectacular but I'm assuming thats the video or me not watching the whole thing. lol

Comment

I was thinking that too - the video does it no justice. Apparently - one of the biggest bi-national displays in N America at least.

Comment

So, look at the calendar - it's September - back to school, get ready for fall, Halloween coming, for me as a coach hockey starts this weekend...

Today's forecast - sunny, hot highs 95-99!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X