X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

I went through the listings, saw plenty of things I liked, but not enough to fork over the cash What did you go for?
    Hi Dave, I was hoping for some Robert E. Howard or Ray Bradbury. I ended up with 3 signed David Gemmell titles, I'm a bit of a fantasy/sword and sorcery geek...Alright, a big sword and sorcery geek LOL!! Looking forward to additional titles, he was really good to work with.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I wish you and everyone here a FANTASTIC 2024.

I think that is a wonderful goal. There are so many knowledgeable and kind folks who enjoy, collect, and love literature here.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Happy New Year to every single one of you b*stards! The best people gather here, somehow immune to the internet. I aspire to learn from you all. Hope '24 is filled with great reading and better health.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Happy New Year to every single one of you b*stards! The best people gather here, somehow immune to the internet. I aspire to learn from you all. Hope '24 is filled with great reading and better health.
    Right back at'cha, Mike and Jeff... I hppe the new year brings us all much bookish joy.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Hey, have any of Y'all been following this Bob Lumpkin SF/Fantasy Book Catalog #1? I picked up a few items.
    I went through the listings, saw plenty of things I liked, but not enough to fork over the cash What did you go for?

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Hey, have any of Y'all been following this Bob Lumpkin SF/Fantasy Book Catalog #1? I picked up a few items.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Happy New Year, Happy Booking in 2024!!!

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Man, you just made my day! I had no idea that the Cutter book was coming out and am a big fan of the author. Looks like the books is released August 27, 2024. Just added it to my pre-order list. Now if I could just track down a hardcover copy of Cutter's "The Acolyte somewhere I'd be a happy camper!

In terms of the Malfi, I personally would pass unless it gets rave reviews. I've read a handful of his novels and just haven't been able to connect with them which makes me wonder if I ever will. Perhaps his style just isn't for me. It's kind of how I feel about Ramsey Campbell's stuff. The guys a freaking Grandmaster but for some reason his books always leave me flat. The writing is perfectly fine, they're just always missing that certain something that would push his stuff to "must read" for me, and I always feel a little guilty, like it must be a me thing.
    There was a rumor, I think I heard it somewhere on this forum, about CD doing The Acolyte as part of their Graveyard Edition line.  

Now it’s been several years since I’ve heard that.

As far as Campbell goes, your not alone in your assessment.

I could never understand his revered status in the horror fiction genre.

I tend to like his earlier stories, when his fiction leaned more to the Lovecraftian, but as for as the psychological horror fiction he’s been writing for the last 30+ years, as far as I’m concerned, if you’ve read one, you’ve read them all.

And the one wasn’t that good to begin with!

I have similar feelings for the fiction of Dennis Etchison.  

Very highly regarded in the horror fiction community, but what I’ve read of his stuff, it just does absolutely nothing for me as a reader.

B

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by brlesh View Post
    Thanks for compiling this list.

There’s more coming out in 2024 than I was aware of.

Two I would add to the list (and not certain on the release dates) are:

Small Town Horror by Ronald Malfi - June

The Queen by Nick Cutter - August

B
    Man, you just made my day! I had no idea that the Cutter book was coming out and am a big fan of the author. Looks like the books is released August 27, 2024. Just added it to my pre-order list. Now if I could just track down a hardcover copy of Cutter's "The Acolyte somewhere I'd be a happy camper!

In terms of the Malfi, I personally would pass unless it gets rave reviews. I've read a handful of his novels and just haven't been able to connect with them which makes me wonder if I ever will. Perhaps his style just isn't for me. It's kind of how I feel about Ramsey Campbell's stuff. The guys a freaking Grandmaster but for some reason his books always leave me flat. The writing is perfectly fine, they're just always missing that certain something that would push his stuff to "must read" for me, and I always feel a little guilty, like it must be a me thing.

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    Thanks for compiling this list.

There’s more coming out in 2024 than I was aware of.

Two I would add to the list (and not certain on the release dates) are:

Small Town Horror by Ronald Malfi - June

The Queen by Nick Cutter - August

B

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Below is my list (so far) of books being released in 2024 as trade hardcovers that I'm interested in pre-ordering. I'm guessing that at least a few of these may get the limited treatment as well. If anyone knows of anything especially cool that should be on my radar, I would love to hear about it!

The House of Last Resort: A Novel by Christopher Golden This title will be released on January 30, 2024

The Angel of Indian Lake (3) (The Indian Lake Trilogy) by Stephen Graham Jones will be released on March 26, 2024

Lost Man's Lane: by Scott Carson This title will be released on March 26, 2024

City in Ruins: A Novel (The Danny Ryan Trilogy, 3) by Don Winslow This title will be released on April 2, 2024

You Like It Darker: Stories by Stephen King This title will be released on May 21, 2024.

Horror Movie: A Novel by Paul Tremblay This title will be released on June 11, 2024.

The Daughters' War by Christopher Buehlman This title will be released on June 25, 2024

Incidents Around the House by Josh Malerman this title will be released on June 25, 2024.

Sugar on the Bones (Hap and Leonard, 13)by Joe R. Lansdale will be released on July 16, 2024

I Was A Teenage Slasher by Stephen Graham Jones This title will be released on July 16, 2024

The Bang-Bang Sisters by Rio Youers This title will be released on July 16, 2024

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Happy Boxing (Unboxing) Day LOL!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Merry Christmas!!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Merry Christmas to all.