No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I received the Limited Edition of Speaks the Nightbird today in what was described as new condition but the page block is almost fallen completely away from the binding, the endpapers are ripped along the seem between the binding and the page block as well, front and back, I want to know if any of you have had any of your books rebound and if so, how much something like that would cost?

Comment

Return the book. If you got it on eBay they have buyer protection even if the seller has a no return policy. Sounds like you have a legitimate complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
        Return the book. If you got it on eBay they have buyer protection even if the seller has a no return policy. Sounds like you have a legitimate complaint.
        Believe it or not, I got it from B&N.com, have no idea why they would have a signed limited edition in stock like that, it was free shipping and I had a coupon so I got it pretty cheap for that edition, I probably will return it but I thought maybe restoring it would be cheap enough for me not to have to return it and then buy a more expensive copy, sucks too cause I really wanted this Limited

Edit: Yeah, it's getting returned, the damage is too significant and I was informed that that particular edition was still in print so I can just order a new one
        Last edited by Tommy; 07-10-2013, 07:28 PM.

Comment

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3592769.html

Signed copies here. Sold Out

J.K. Rowling has written a crime novel called The Cuckoo's Calling under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith, according to the Daily Telegraph.

Rowling is reported as saying to the Sunday Times of London, “I had hoped to keep this secret a little longer because being Robert Galbraith has been such a liberating experience. It has been wonderful to publish without hype or expectation and pure pleasure to get feedback under a different name.”

The novel was published in April by Sphere in the UK - the same imprint at Little, Brown as her first fiction novel after Harry Potter, The Casual Vacancy. Set in London, it features a one-legged private detective called Cormoran Strike, who is hired to investigate the death of a supermodel called Lula Landry. The book's description on Amazon says "You may think you know about the wealthy and famous, but you've never seen them under an investigation like this."
          Last edited by Joe315; 07-14-2013, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Heres another link for the above - http://www.mysteriousbookshop.com/pr...ckoo-s-calling

Comment

Is it signed 'JK Rowling' or 'Robert Galbraith'?

Comment

Robert Galbraith, but as far as I am concerned its a Rowling book and I am excited that I will have a book signed her soon, even if it is a pseudonym.

Comment

I agree, I'm tempted to buy one for my Harry Potter fanatic sister.
                  Have you seen what some of these are going for on eBay? Absolutely crazy.
                  http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Cuckoos-...ht_1084wt_1358

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                    I agree, I'm tempted to buy one for my Harry Potter fanatic sister.
                    Have you seen what some of these are going for on eBay? Absolutely crazy.
                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Cuckoos-...ht_1084wt_1358
                    I know, it's ridiculous. I'm curious how many were actually signed.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                      I'm curious how many were actually signed.
                      Can't find that info anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                        Can't find that info anywhere
                        Me either. Doesn't seem like it was that many though. If I had to guess I'd say somewhere between 500 and 750. No real logic in that either, just a guess.

Comment

37 bids, $582 and still two days left. I think that there are some impulsive people out there.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                            37 bids, $582 and still two days left. I think that there are some impulsive people out there.
                            The collectible book market would perish otherwise

Comment

Very true. I wonder how many copies that little bookstore has. I placed two orders 30 minutes apart, there were five order #s between my two orders and they're still showing them as available.

Comment

The eBay sale is up to 1200!!! I wonder if it will stick.

Comment

Working...
                                X