X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Anyone wondering when this forum will disappear from the site?
    A little bit.

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post

Â Why are you wondering that, if I may ask?
    Sticking to facts and not feelings.

It's no secret that CD has had, let's say some issues, publishing product that they've collected money from buyers YEARS ago. I just had a pre-order arrive from over six years ago, and that's not the longest time between order and receipt other collectors have experienced. Meanwhile, other boutique publishers don't have their orders languish for years like this.

This week, CD just cancelled a number of publishing contracts with authors. I don't know the exact reasons, just hyperbole.

Feelings time.

Where there's smoke there's fire.

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
     Why are you wondering that, if I may ask?

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• saginawhorror
    replied
    I have a signed copy of the first night visions but that's it.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    My collecting goal is to one of these days upgrade my full run of Dark Harvest’s trade HCs of the NIGHT VISIONS series to their signed & numbered editions. Someday.

Leave a comment:

• Boggle Champion
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Dark Harvest was my gateway drug to the small-press scene in the late ‘80s, so I’ve always had a soft spot for them. I don’t have all their titles, but I have many, if not most. The NIGHT VISIONS titles in particular are incredibly important to me and, I think, the development of genre publishing.
    My local library has most of the Night Visions series, so last year I started reading my way through several of them. So far I've read 4, 5 and 8. I love how they structured the collections, allowing the authors to do their own thing. Also they include some amazing Intros and Afterwords!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Dark Harvest was my gateway drug to the small-press scene in the late ‘80s, so I’ve always had a soft spot for them. I don’t have all their titles, but I have many, if not most. The NIGHT VISIONS titles in particular are incredibly important to me and, I think, the development of genre publishing.
    I love the Night Vision series! I've only got a few and have always hoped to track down the others at some point.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Was at my local Half Price books this weekend and scored a couple cool books for $15.00 each, the Dark Harvest editions of Shadowfires & The Key to Midnight by Leigh Nicholls (Dean R Koontz). Was surprised to find these, especially in such great condition. The only (small) issue that I could find with each book was some discoloring of the paper from age. Have never read either title, but I was always a fan of early Koontz and have decent hopes for them. Have also always loved Dark Harvest books and miss them as a publisher. Even with their trade editions, they always seem to have great cover-art, as well as some interior illustrations, which you rarely get in trade editions anymore.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Was at my local Half Price books this weekend and scored a couple cool books for $15.00 each, the Dark Harvest editions of Shadowfires & The Key to Midnight by Leigh Nicholls (Dean R Koontz). Was surprised to find these, especially in such great condition. The only (small) issue that I could find with each book was some discoloring of the paper from age. Have never read either title, but I was always a fan of early Koontz and have decent hopes for them. Have also always loved Dark Harvest books and miss them as a publisher. Even with their trade editions, they always seem to have great cover-art, as well as some interior illustrations, which you rarely get in trade editions anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

Glad you were able to snag some things! I noticed this morning that Jared increased the price on his remaining unsigned copies of Tokyo Doll from $20 to $30; so, the deal feels even better!
    $20 is a smoking deal and even $30 is pretty darn good. TOKYO DOLL has been listed on that page for a while now, along with WARD ELEVEN and the THE DIRECTOR SHOULD HAVE SHOT YOU.  All are at great prices and I'm surprised they've lasted that long.  Maybe people don't browse the page very often?  If not, I highly recommend it as there are some great deals sometimes.  I'm still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on the deluxe oversized FAFHRD books he had on there at one point.  The first three volumes for $900 with rights to future volumes.  I can't find a copy of an unsigned Volume 1 for under $300!

Leave a comment:

• Chuggers
    replied

Glad you were able to snag some things! I noticed this morning that Jared increased the price on his remaining unsigned copies of Tokyo Doll from $20 to $30; so, the deal feels even better!
    Me too, i was confused at first because I'm still seeing Tokyo Doll at $55 but If you look under the random titles sometimes listed in the John Pelan collection, Tokyo Doll looks like it's still $20 and the other one I picked up,  The Machine in Ward Eleven is $22 

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuggers View Post

Appreciate the heads up on the Centipede sale item(s), any time you can pick up 2 Centipede titles for less than $50 is a phenomenal day!

Leave a comment:

• Chuggers
    replied
    Just received three shipping notices unexpectedly, which always makes for a nice day! Can't wait to get my hands on these!

Centipede- John McPartland-Tokyo Doll (They currently have unsigned copies for $20 which was the right price point for me to take a chance as I've never heard of the author or book, but it does sound fun)

Triana Website-Kristopher Triana- The Old Lady Hardback LE (Am A Huge Triana Fan and was stoked to see this announced last week, that it's already shipping makes me very happy, the description sounds great- like something Ketchum would write)

SubPress- Joe Lansdale- Senior Girls Bayonet LE Story Collection (Glad to see this shipping, ordered lasty July, a new Lansdale collection is always a reason to celebrate!)
    Appreciate the heads up on the Centipede sale item(s), any time you can pick up 2 Centipede titles for less than $50 is a phenomenal day!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Cha-ching. Sounds like a fantastic day. Congrats.

Just received three shipping notices unexpectedly, which always makes for a nice day! Can't wait to get my hands on these!

Centipede- John McPartland-Tokyo Doll (They currently have unsigned copies for $20 which was the right price point for me to take a chance as I've never heard of the author or book, but it does sound fun)

Triana Website-Kristopher Triana- The Old Lady Hardback LE (Am A Huge Triana Fan and was stoked to see this announced last week, that it's already shipping makes me very happy, the description sounds great- like something Ketchum would write)

SubPress- Joe Lansdale- Senior Girls Bayonet LE Story Collection (Glad to see this shipping, ordered lasty July, a new Lansdale collection is always a reason to celebrate!)

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X