Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    I've had Moonstruck chocolates before, and they are fantastic. And, good lord, that Oregon Distillers Collection of truffles looks beyond delicious. I don't typically like booze-infused chocolates, but I would make an immediate exception for that box!

With Macy's stores going out of business right and left, not sure if I'm going to get my usual box or two of Frangos this year.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 11-19-2020, 11:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Guys, my indulging in sweets is long behind me. I occasionally have something on a weekend. Too much sugar literally turns my stomach.....Salt on the other hand LOL!!!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

That's will power far beyond my means of comprehension.
    Trust me, had my wife been here the bag would not still be sealed. If I am going to eat sweets I will pick some Moonstruck truffles when I am out! They taste much better and have far fewer calories since they run about $1.50 a piece and I can't afford to have many. Plus I can get them with Beer, Spirits or wine infused. Bourbon Truffles are fantastic!
    MoonCrafters.jpgMoon Wine.jpgMoonDistiller.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

At first I thought that this was a small press, and you'd been sent reviews copies based on some contact info you have floating out there from previous reviews. But having just Googled them, it's a bookstore, so my guess is you received someone else's books...no idea how they had your info, unless perhaps you'd ordered from them so long ago you've forgotten...?
    Someone else's books was my initial thought. The issue there is that I know for a fact I have never ordered from them before. In fact I am sure that I have never even heard of the store or the authors before. Even considered that I may have seen a giveaway on Goodreads that looked interesting and entered. Checked Goodreads and I have not entered a giveaway for any of these titles.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I have a mystery on my hands. Has anyone here ever dealt with Newtonville Books from Newton PA? Received a shipment from them today. Problem is I have never heard of them before. The shipment is addressed to me and has no paperwork of any kind enclosed. Three books are in the box. One hard cover first edition with a copyright of 2020. Two paperbacks, neither look like ARCS but they both have copyrights dated 2021. The hardback is from one author and the two paperbacks are from another author but the author of the hardback also wrote an introduction for one of the paperbacks. I have also never heard of either author. I am puzzled!
    At first I thought that this was a small press, and you'd been sent reviews copies based on some contact info you have floating out there from previous reviews. But having just Googled them, it's a bookstore, so my guess is you received someone else's books...no idea how they had your info, unless perhaps you'd ordered from them so long ago you've forgotten...?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I have a mystery on my hands. Has anyone here ever dealt with Newtonville Books from Newton PA? Received a shipment from them today. Problem is I have never heard of them before. The shipment is addressed to me and has no paperwork of any kind enclosed. Three books are in the box. One hard cover first edition with a copyright of 2020. Two paperbacks, neither look like ARCS but they both have copyrights dated 2021. The hardback is from one author and the two paperbacks are from another author but the author of the hardback also wrote an introduction for one of the paperbacks. I have also never heard of either author. I am puzzled!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

I purchased a bag of candy in case any kids came by on Halloween. Had zero kids so the bag sits on the love seat near the front door unopened.
    That's will power far beyond my means of comprehension.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I have no one in the house but me so that does not work. Family Christmas is normally hosted here but as it is looking more like that will not happen I am planning on delivering gifts to the kids I buy for. I think I will probably include the candy in those deliveries.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    We ended up not having any kids for Halloween either. My grown up kid took care of the excess candy.

I purchased a bag of candy in case any kids came by on Halloween. Had zero kids so the bag sits on the love seat near the front door unopened.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

Good to see another candyman in the crowd. Let me introduce you to my bowl of Tootsie Roll wedgies and various sweet sundries... I keep it a little hidden in an upper cupboard, as out-of-sight-out-of-mind seems to help cut down on visits to it...but a house without a stash of chocolate candy is a house I don't want to live in.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Killer sweet tooth here. I have no clue how I'm not diabetic. Blood work also comes back normal though. I'll be that one guy you know who will literally die of nothing.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    Hope you guys are doing ok today. It's sunny and cold here in NJ, and I made a trip to my local happy-stuff supplier.

Candy_111920_small.JPG
    Good to see another candyman in the crowd. Let me introduce you to my bowl of Tootsie Roll wedgies and various sweet sundries... I keep it a little hidden in an upper cupboard, as out-of-sight-out-of-mind seems to help cut down on visits to it...but a house without a stash of chocolate candy is a house I don't want to live in.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 11-19-2020, 08:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Cool. Never heard of any of those but they look great.

I too have never heard of these items. If you showed me that picture and asked what country they came from I would never have guessed U.|S.A.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Hello I'm a book collector with anxiety issues. LOL LOL

The two go hand in hand quite often.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Cool. Never heard of any of those but they look great.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    Hope you guys are doing ok today. It's sunny and cold here in NJ, and I made a trip to my local happy-stuff supplier.

Candy_111920_small.JPG

Leave a comment:

Working...
X