Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by adman75 View Post

    I have had nothing but positive experiences selling. The app is very intuitive and easy to use. It takes me less than a minute to post a book with photos and prices. Most info is auto-filled by scanning the barcode on your book. Shipping is a breeze as well. All the guess work is taken out. The Pango app will calculate the shipping for you so you don't need to worry. Once a book is sold, you will just print out a shipping label that will be in your account. Package your book, attach the label, and drop in your mailbox. Most times, I don't even have to go to the post office. I drop the book in my mailbox at the end of my driveway and it's gone. You can track the book in the app so you know when it reaches its destination. I bought a bulk order of bubble packages on Amazon so it take basically no time to get your orders ready to ship. Super easy. I've been selling for about 6 months now and I have sold over $500 worth of books. All mass market stuff that I just had around the house or in boxes. Highly recommended.
    I greatly appreciate your response and recommendation! Sounds much simpler than some of the other platforms, I'll have to throw a couple of books on and see what happens! 

    Comment


      Originally posted by adman75 View Post

      I have had nothing but positive experiences selling. The app is very intuitive and easy to use. It takes me less than a minute to post a book with photos and prices. Most info is auto-filled by scanning the barcode on your book. Shipping is a breeze as well. All the guess work is taken out. The Pango app will calculate the shipping for you so you don't need to worry. Once a book is sold, you will just print out a shipping label that will be in your account. Package your book, attach the label, and drop in your mailbox. Most times, I don't even have to go to the post office. I drop the book in my mailbox at the end of my driveway and it's gone. You can track the book in the app so you know when it reaches its destination. I bought a bulk order of bubble packages on Amazon so it take basically no time to get your orders ready to ship. Super easy. I've been selling for about 6 months now and I have sold over $500 worth of books. All mass market stuff that I just had around the house or in boxes. Highly recommended.
      That sounds like a good platform. I bought a lot of SF books from a seller there last year, and at the time, I didn't realize it was a sales platform. I thought it was his personal website   I might try it with the hardcovers I want to get rid of. The paperbacks I usually just donate to the library book sale.

      Comment


        Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

        I hope it works out. While it's only been a couple of days so I'm not too worried that books haven't shipped yet, I also haven't received a reply to a message I sent shortly afterward. A first order at a new (to me) site with a silent seller makes me a bit nervous. I'll give it a couple more days, see what happens.
        ...and everything worked out just fine with this, my first Pango purchase. Books were sent out at the four-day mark with an apology for the delay, and they arrived safe and sound and just as described. I'd certainly use the site again. Not sure I'd use Pango to sell, but, I don't know, I may give it a shot one of these days...eBay is certainly slow enough lately that it'd be smart to explore a new sales venue.
        Last edited by RonClinton; 04-27-2024, 05:13 PM.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

        Comment


          Just saw in Hunter's email that Robert McCammon has finished the last book in his Matthew Corbett series, Leviathan. I'm so excited for this and can't wait until Lividian announces the book!

          Comment


            Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
            Just saw in Hunter's email that Robert McCammon has finished the last book in his Matthew Corbett series, Leviathan. I'm so excited for this and can't wait until Lividian announces the book!
            Ugh.

            Excited to read the finale, sad that it IS the finale. An amazing, amazing series.
            http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

            Comment


              Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
              Just saw in Hunter's email that Robert McCammon has finished the last book in his Matthew Corbett series, Leviathan. I'm so excited for this and can't wait until Lividian announces the book!
              I guess I should give the series another shot, then, huh? I read Speaks the NIghtbird years ago and it was...fine. I think since I picked it up from the horror section at Borders (remember those?) and that it would be more in that genre rather than historical adventure fiction. I kept waiting for the horror to kick in, which never really happens, so I left rather disappointed. Maybe with a recalibration as to what the series actually is, I might enjoy it more.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

                I guess I should give the series another shot, then, huh? I read Speaks the NIghtbird years ago and it was...fine. I think since I picked it up from the horror section at Borders (remember those?) and that it would be more in that genre rather than historical adventure fiction. I kept waiting for the horror to kick in, which never really happens, so I left rather disappointed. Maybe with a recalibration as to what the series actually is, I might enjoy it more.

                I gave my mom the first few books in the series, and she couldn't get past SPEAKS...She was expecting Horror, not historical fiction.

                That said, the first book is kind of an outlier, as far as content and storytelling. I loved SPEAKS, but the remainder of the series is very different, and each book is better than the last. Kind of a detective/mystery/thriller/suspense series with definite horrific undertones. I'll be really sad when the series ends. You could probably even skip SPEAKS, as it really has no bearing on the rest of the series.
                http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

                Comment


                  Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post


                  I gave my mom the first few books in the series, and she couldn't get past SPEAKS...She was expecting Horror, not historical fiction.

                  That said, the first book is kind of an outlier, as far as content and storytelling. I loved SPEAKS, but the remainder of the series is very different, and each book is better than the last. Kind of a detective/mystery/thriller/suspense series with definite horrific undertones. I'll be really sad when the series ends. You could probably even skip SPEAKS, as it really has no bearing on the rest of the series.
                  That's good to know. Maybe I'll track down the second book and give it a shot. I love McCammon's other work, so I feel like I'm somewhat missing out. I would also like to give Speaks another go, just because I don't think I gave it a fair shake the first time, but we'll see.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

                    That's good to know. Maybe I'll track down the second book and give it a shot. I love McCammon's other work, so I feel like I'm somewhat missing out. I would also like to give Speaks another go, just because I don't think I gave it a fair shake the first time, but we'll see.
                    Definitely give SPEAKS another day in court, but if it still isn't your cup of tea, you can stop and jump right into THE QUEEN OF BEDLAM and see if that's a better fit.
                    http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

                    Comment


                      Just saw Joe Lansdale has a Lovecraftian anthology dropping in October,  In The Mad Mountains. Extremely excited to see what he does with some of these ideas

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Chuggers View Post
                        Just saw Joe Lansdale has a Lovecraftian anthology dropping in October,  In The Mad Mountains. Extremely excited to see what he does with some of these ideas
                        https://tachyonpublications.com/prod...h-p-lovecraft/

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Chuggers View Post
                          Just saw Joe Lansdale has a Lovecraftian anthology dropping in October,  In The Mad Mountains. Extremely excited to see what he does with some of these ideas
                          I'm a huge Lansdale fan but will probably pass on this since the majority of these stories are reprints and I already have them in his other collections. It is fun to have them gathered all in one place.

                          Comment


                            Has anyone bought from CD recently? I was thinking about emptying the last bit in my account to buy Voracious by Wrath James White and when I got to shipping Media Mail was not an option. Only FedEx or UPS for almost more than the book costs. It's a paperback so I'm not overly concerned. I didn't care for the envelope that carried my Bruises on a Butterfly to me, but I wasn't going to lose sleep over it either. I just don't think it's worth spending $15 to ship a $19 book . . . 

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                              Has anyone bought from CD recently? I was thinking about emptying the last bit in my account to buy Voracious by Wrath James White and when I got to shipping Media Mail was not an option. Only FedEx or UPS for almost more than the book costs. It's a paperback so I'm not overly concerned. I didn't care for the envelope that carried my Bruises on a Butterfly to me, but I wasn't going to lose sleep over it either. I just don't think it's worth spending $15 to ship a $19 book . . .
                              I just tried a few books individually (Shocklines, Voracious, and a Kristin Dearborn) and they all offered media mail for around $7-8. I'm not sure what the issue is, but I'd reach out to CD to see what they can do to fix it for you.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

                                I just tried a few books individually (Shocklines, Voracious, and a Kristin Dearborn) and they all offered media mail for around $7-8. I'm not sure what the issue is, but I'd reach out to CD to see what they can do to fix it for you.
                                OK thank you! I wondered if I missed an update or notice. I refreshed the page a few times to make sure it wasn't a hang-up on my end. Really it was an impulse buy and I found the omission more curious than anything. 

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X