Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Is there a device which can plug into the headphone jack of a stereo and send a bluetooth signal to a bluetooth speaker? I'm looking and a bit confused if this is a thing.

I have an older stereo in the house and would love to broadcast what I'm playing inside to the porch with a wireless setup.
    This is what I use:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mulleins
    I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

See. I am still confused. I really don't understand this stuff so I apologize if I'm being obtuse.

I would like to play a CD from my old stereo, have a device connected to said stereo which will broadcast wireless, and have a bluetooth speaker paired to my stereo with said wireless broadcasting device.

This will do this?

To clarify I don't want to broadcast from a device (phone, tablet, etc.) and have it play on my stereo. It's the other way around.

Originally posted by mulleins View Post
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Ahhhhh....I misread.

I have wired speakers on my porch and use this to play music from my devices via bluetooth, not broadcast to bluetooth. Again, sorry.

Comment

Understood. Likely will be easier to just buy a new stereo.

Thanks for the reply.

Originally posted by mulleins View Post
          Ahhhhh....I misread.

I have wired speakers on my porch and use this to play music from my devices via bluetooth, not broadcast to bluetooth. Again, sorry.

Comment

Is there a device which can plug into the headphone jack of a stereo and send a bluetooth signal to a bluetooth speaker? I'm looking and a bit confused if this is a thing.

I have an older stereo in the house and would love to broadcast what I'm playing inside to the porch with a wireless setup.
            Yes, you can get bluetooth transmitters that plug into headphone jacks and will send bluetooth signals to your speakers.

See here: https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Tra...Q%3D%3D&sr=8-6

Comment

Very cool. Thank you.

I appreciate the assist. I was having such a hard time finding something like this. It appears to be exactly what I am looking for.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

Yes, you can get bluetooth transmitters that plug into headphone jacks and will send bluetooth signals to your speakers.

See here: https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Tra...Q%3D%3D&sr=8-6

Comment

Very cool. Thank you.

I appreciate the assist. I was having such a hard time finding something like this. It appears to be exactly what I am looking for.

Very cool indeed.

Comment

Anyone else tired of Superhero/Comic Book movies? I'm seeing commercials for Black Adam and it's not doing anything for me. As a sub genre to action films they may be fine but I greatly miss dialogue, story, and semblance of reality in my movies.

I feel like these style of movies have turned straight into CGI fests with little beyond them. Watching the commercial it's like watching a video game with actors faces stuck unto the characters.
                  Last edited by Ben Staad; 10-21-2022, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Anyone else tired of Superhero/Comic Book movies? I'm seeing commercials for Black Adam and it's not doing anything for me. As a sub genre to action films they may be fine but I greatly miss dialogue, story, and semblance of reality in my movies.

I feel like these style of movies have turned straight into CGI fests with little beyond them. Watching the commercial it's like watching a video game with actors faces stuck unto the characters.
                    Yeah, I almost fell asleep watching some CGI movie that was nothing but explosions, chases, more explosions...I need a story, not a video game.

Comment

What do you call books with flaps like these. The two books I have are Heather, The Totality by Matthew Weiner and The Strange Library by Haruki Murakami. I tried searching with various terms and had no results so I am now posting here for an answer.

Cap
                      Attached Files
                      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

I think I would just call these fold-outs. I don't really know if there is a correct name or not. I'd be interested to hear from others as well.

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                        What do you call books with flaps like these. The two books I have are Heather, The Totality by Matthew Weiner and The Strange Library by Haruki Murakami. I tried searching with various terms and had no results so I am now posting here for an answer.

Cap

Comment

I just saw this over on the collectors forum and wanted to share it here. RIP Ned Dameron. One of the best and you will be missed.

https://locusmag.com/2022/10/ned-dameron-1943-2022/

Comment

Bowling Pin A.jpg Turn out the lights the party's over, let the wild rumpus begin! Today is my first day of retirement, 41 years as a Librarian, 33 years at Henrico County Public Library. What a long, strange, wonderful trip it has been!!
                            Last edited by mhatchett; 10-31-2022, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Congrats on your retirement, Mike! Best wishes moving forward.

Comment

Congrats, Mike!

Comment

Working...
                                X