No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad I'm not the only one. I think my issue is maybe similar to yours. I'm thinking way faster than I'm typing and things just get missed.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I've found myself doing that, too. This started popping up on work emails for me. My brain is faster than my typing so I found myself dropping words due to being further along in my thoughts than I was in my typing. I sometimes over-estimate my typing skills so I feel that I'm keeping up, but I'm really not. I also think that due to the ease of communicating via email and on social media platforms, we don't proofread much if at all.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I think my brain is finished sometimes.

I can't seem to spell empty right when I code at work - not occasionally, but EVERY DAMN TIME! And then I copy the wrong spelling a few dozen times and then it's a mess to clean up.

If you're wondering - this is what I do:

If (IsEmpty([xxx]) OrElse Not IsDate([yyyyy])) AndAlso Not IsEmpty([zzzzz]) Then ......

Empty is is important. And damnit, I spelled one wrong here now.

Comment

Why is it that when it rains it pours with book collecting? I’ve had a relative dry spell with aftermarket searches lately and now I’ve found too many:

1. I located a matching set of books I need that has the specific number I’ve been looking for.
        2. Also located a book that would complete a set I’ve been working on at I price I can actually afford.
        3. Tracked down two Thunderstorm titles that have been on my list since I missed out on them.

i can’t afford them all so I’m gonna have to make a tough call. Anybody got any thoughts?

Comment

Why is it that when it rains it pours with book collecting? I’ve had a relative dry spell with aftermarket searches lately and now I’ve found too many:

1. I located a matching set of books I need that has the specific number I’ve been looking for.
          2. Also located a book that would complete a set I’ve been working on at I price I can actually afford.
          3. Tracked down two Thunderstorm titles that have been on my list since I missed out on them.

i can’t afford them all so I’m gonna have to make a tough call. Anybody got any thoughts?
          Despite how much I like them I would give the thunderstorm books the lowest priority.

Comment

Follow your heart Man, you know which one/ones you really want. Or money be damned, I'll sell something later, I'm getting them all....Which is what I would probably do HAHA!!
            Last edited by mhatchett; 06-11-2022, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Is there something else you could sell that could be replaced easily enough as funds allow?

Comment

I'd go with #2 first, then #1, then #3. First complete the set that's almost done, then turn to matching number needs, then focus on titles that would be nice to have but simply weren't bought at the time of release.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Thanks for the input, everyone! It was a tough call of which way to go, but everyone's suggestions help clear the fog a bit. I did go with Option #2, getting the the book to complete a set I've been working on. It's a book I've been looking for quite awhile and every time I find a copy it is out of my reach financially. Very excited to have this in my hands! I'll post in the Latest Purchase thread once it arrives.

Comment

I have been fortunate enough over the last 14 years to be able to pursue my passion for collecting small press specialty books. Due to a crazy, soon to be ex-wife, I find myself in a position to step back from my collecting.

It's a weird moment for me. I am losing two things I love dearly. My wife and collecting books.

Just give me a silent, "Atta, Boy." and I will certainly feel the good vibes rolling in.

She put me in a tough spot which is requiring me to buy her out of the house among other things.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." I'm not a very religious person but I remind myself that a few moments of discomfort will ultimately leave me a better and stronger person and that there is always a path forward either from divine intervention or rainbow farting Unicorns. Pick one.

Either way I will still be around and drooling even more heavily at all of the fantastic new books you folks will be taunting me with.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                      I have been fortunate enough over the last 14 years to be able to pursue my passion for collecting small press specialty books. Due to a crazy, soon to be ex-wife, I find myself in a position to step back from my collecting.

It's a weird moment for me. I am losing two things I love dearly. My wife and collecting books.

Just give me a silent, "Atta, Boy." and I will certainly feel the good vibes rolling in.

She put me in a tough spot which is requiring me to buy her out of the house among other things.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." I'm not a very religious person but I remind myself that a few moments of discomfort will ultimately leave me a better and stronger person and that there is always a path forward either from divine intervention or rainbow farting Unicorns. Pick one.

Either way I will still be around and drooling even more heavily at all of the fantastic new books you folks will be taunting me with.
                      So sorry to read this. Take care of yourself!

Comment

Thank you. It is appreciated.

It's a weird position to be in and at my age starting over is a weird feeling. I know that you and others can relate.

The best advice so far is not to make any big or rash decisions. KISS all day. *Keep it simple, Stupid!". LOL

Originally posted by Martin View Post

So sorry to read this. Take care of yourself!

Comment

Really sorry to hear it. I have a family member who went through exactly the same situation with the same financial ordeal, and can sympathize with what you're going / about to go through. Hang tough, it will get better, and you'll soon feel those Unicorn farts raining down on you.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Thank you. Can't wait for those glittering poofs to come my way. In the mean time I am keeping my nose to the grindstone and making sure to keep my overlords happy with my work performance.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                            Really sorry to hear it. I have a family member who went through exactly the same situation with the same financial ordeal, and can sympathize with what you're going / about to go through. Hang tough, it will get better, and you'll soon feel those Unicorn farts raining down on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post

I have had several friends, men and women go through this. My hard hearted advice is this, don't be too nice. Don't give away the farm out of guilt. Make it equitable, get your share, no more, no less. Best wishes as you work your way through this......

Comment

Thanks. I appreciate the advice and encouragement. Luckily our estate is fairly straight forward so (knock on wood) this shouldn't get very messy.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

I have had several friends, men and women go through this. My hard hearted advice is this, don't be too nice. Don't give away the farm out of guilt. Make it equitable, get your share, no more, no less. Best wishes as you work your way through this......

Comment

Working...
                                X