Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you. That is very kind of you.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Thanks for the link. Purchased, not sure when I will get to reading it though.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Best of luck to your budding author.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Thank you. Happy that he is doing something creative with his time.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        Best of luck to your budding author.

Comment

Random question, but, has anyone here ever purchased anything directly from Haffner Press? In May 2021, I pre-ordered "The Complete John the Balladeer" from them. I've been trying to contact them over the last few months to see if they have any sort of production update on the title; however, I cannot get anyone over there to respond back to me. Per the contact page of their website, I have sent multiple emails to [email protected] with no luck. I also don't have a Facebook or Twitter account to be able to reach them that way and am super-resistant to having to create one to do so. Might anyone here have an update on this title or an alternative way to contact them? Any info is appreciated!

Comment

Did you try this phone number?

Phone: (248) 288-4765

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
            Random question, but, has anyone here ever purchased anything directly from Haffner Press? In May 2021, I pre-ordered "The Complete John the Balladeer" from them. I've been trying to contact them over the last few months to see if they have any sort of production update on the title; however, I cannot get anyone over there to respond back to me. Per the contact page of their website, I have sent multiple emails to [email protected] with no luck. I also don't have a Facebook or Twitter account to be able to reach them that way and am super-resistant to having to create one to do so. Might anyone here have an update on this title or an alternative way to contact them? Any info is appreciated!

Comment

I ordered it as well. They seem a little touchy about it. This ws posted on FB Feb 3...

Haffner Press
              Harding McFadden Sooner than later. Still wrangling paper, bookcloth, and a production slot. It seems like it is on track in the next couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                Did you try this phone number?

Phone: (248) 288-4765

Thanks for this number. Hadn't seen that listed anywhere. Maybe I can at least leave them a voicemail or something since they won't return a direct email. Thanks again!

Comment

Haffner Press has slowed waaayyy down from their schedule they were on a decade or so ago, and now books come out at a very sporadic pace, sometimes years apart. That's why I don't preorder from them any longer, and opt to wait and pay the extra $5 or $10 to order when they're actually shipping. They have a number of books I'm looking forward to, but none I plan to preorder.

He is periodically on Twitter -- @HaffnerPress -- so you could tweet him via that platform, but I don't know if you'll have any better luck than your email...as mentioned, he's only on Twitter once in a great while. Your best course of action, IMO, is to try and not sweat about it and to exercise the same degree of patience you'd need to with a Cemetery Dance preorder, because they both now move at a snail's pace, unfortunately. That's not to say I condone his apparent silence to a customer's emails, but any response you'd get from him would just be similar to one you'd get from CD...it's in the works, still nailing down design tweaks, dealing with supply chain issues, printer scheduling issues, etc.

But Haffner books are worth waiting for -- some of the nicest trade editions around and at an attractive price point...hard to beat that combo.
                  Last edited by RonClinton; 05-03-2022, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

I ordered it as well. They seem a little touchy about it. This ws posted on FB Feb 3...

Haffner Press
                    Harding McFadden Sooner than later. Still wrangling paper, bookcloth, and a production slot. It seems like it is on track in the next couple of months.
                    Thanks a ton! I really appreciate this info, especially since I cannot access their Facebook page without creating an account. This perhaps explains why they are not responding to my email questions about the book. Very poor customer service in my opinion and will most likely lead me to not making another direct purchase with them. I don't mind if a title is delayed, especially considering what publishers are currently facing; however, I do find it very upsetting when a publisher decides to hide or go dark on the issue and stops responding to contact. I also find it very frustrating that updates would be provided via a platform in which you have to have an account to access (such as Facebook) rather than on their own website. I shouldn't have to put my personal info a risk with a 3rd party to access that info. Oh well, enough of my whining.

Comment

Haffner Press has slowed waaayyy down from their schedule they were on a decade or so ago, and now books come out at a very sporadic pace, sometimes years apart. That's why I don't preorder from them any longer, and opt to wait and pay the extra $5 or $10 to order when they're actually shipping. They have a number of books I'm looking forward to, but none I plan to preorder.

He is periodically on Twitter -- @HaffnerPress -- so you could tweet him via that platform, but I don't know if you'll have any better luck than your email...as mentioned, he's only on Twitter once in a great while. Your best course of action, IMO, is to try and not sweat about it and to exercise the same degree of patience you'd need to with a Cemetery Dance preorder, because they both now move at a snail's pace, unfortunately. That's not to say I condone his apparent silence to a customer's emails, but any response you'd get from him would just be similar to one you'd get from CD...it's in the works, still nailing down design tweaks, dealing with supply chain issues, printer scheduling issues, etc.

But Haffner books are worth waiting for -- some of the nicest trade editions around and at an attractive price point...hard to beat that combo.
                      Thanks Ron! I do plan to stick with this one as I really want the books. I just hate that he won't respond to my email. Have literally tried to reach him for months. I think I will take your advice and just not pre-order from him directly. Probably wouldn't care so much; however, this was my first Haffner purchase and am a bit bummed to have this be my first experience. Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks Ron! I do plan to stick with this one as I really want the books. I just hate that he won't respond to my email. Have literally tried to reach him for months. I think I will take your advice and just not pre-order from him directly. Probably wouldn't care so much; however, this was my first Haffner purchase and am a bit bummed to have this be my first experience. Thanks again!
                        I feel confident that we'll be happy we were patient once we get the book. It sounds fantastic.

Comment

I have been waiting for the signed Vampire Stories of Robert Bloch from Haffner for several years now also. It is supposed to have been signed by Gahan Wilson who passed back in 2019. This may be the final book that Wilson signed. I hope it shows up someday.

Comment

Bummer to hear of another publisher struggling to get books out in a prompt manner. I’ve been tempted to order from Haffner but this puts me off. My patience in waiting for pre-orders has dwindled a bit over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Eric Vornoff View Post
                              I have been waiting for the signed Vampire Stories of Robert Bloch from Haffner for several years now also. It is supposed to have been signed by Gahan Wilson who passed back in 2019. This may be the final book that Wilson signed. I hope it shows up someday.
                              That’s the one I’ve been anticipating the most, by a good measure. Hope it eventually appears.

Comment

That’s the one I’ve been anticipating the most, by a good measure. Hope it eventually appears.
                                I'm going to get the Cheaper version of that when it comes out, for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X