Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I always love hearing that people score at thrift stores. Way to go!

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    I had an appt. today (Wednesday). I had time to go into my favorite thrift shop since my appt. wasn't until 3:30 pm. I made what I think is a cool find. It's a two book slipcased set consisting of Treasure Island by R. L. Stevenson and Tales From King Arthur-This book was edited by Andrew Lang. The set was published in 2003 by Wordsworth Editions. When I went to the cashier she said "There wasn't a price?" and I replied that I hadn't seen a price. The cashier rang in a price, items were on sale today and I paid .81 cents for this nice two book slipcased set. When I made it home I cleaned the books and double checked the condition and I only see one minor scuff on the slipcase. BOO YEAH!!
    Cap
    Nice find! I always remember the Admiral Benbow Inn from Treasure Island. https://study.com/academy/lesson/the...re-island.html

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    I had an appt. today (Wednesday). I had time to go into my favorite thrift shop since my appt. wasn't until 3:30 pm. I made what I think is a cool find. It's a two book slipcased set consisting of Treasure Island by R. L. Stevenson and Tales From King Arthur-This book was edited by Andrew Lang. The set was published in 2003 by Wordsworth Editions. When I went to the cashier she said "There wasn't a price?" and I replied that I hadn't seen a price. The cashier rang in a price, items were on sale today and I paid .81 cents for this nice two book slipcased set. When I made it home I cleaned the books and double checked the condition and I only see one minor scuff on the slipcase. BOO YEAH!!

Cap
    Fantastic find, congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied

Cap

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Thank you for the replies. I think I worry too much what others may think coupled with what Ron mentioned. I like to collect books for my enjoyment. Once I introduce the thought of buying books to fund my enjoyment of buying books or buying books for nothing but profit I start feeling differently about what I am doing. It changes the dynamic, and my joy, in book collecting.
    Completely agree. Keep it something you enjoy not a job.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X