Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Seller is all over it. Seems like we have an agreement and resolution in place and an action plan moving forward.

Woot!

Glad to hear they are working to fix things!

Comment

Looks like I will be having rotator cuff surgery in the next few weeks. Sounds like recovery is 6-8 weeks but curious if anyone here has had this done. It 6-8 weeks about right? Success from surgery? Etc?

I've had my knee worked on twice with little relief so I am highly interested in any feedback. Per the doctor the shoulder surgery is an actual repair where the knee surgeries were more like revisions.

The real bummer is that it's my right shoulder and I'm very much right hand dominant. I can't think of much I do with my left. This will be interesting for sure.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Just Knees. Left one is scheduled for December 13....

Comment

Looks like I will be having rotator cuff surgery in the next few weeks. Sounds like recovery is 6-8 weeks but curious if anyone here has had this done. It 6-8 weeks about right? Success from surgery? Etc?

I've had my knee worked on twice with little relief so I am highly interested in any feedback. Per the doctor the shoulder surgery is an actual repair where the knee surgeries were more like revisions.

The real bummer is that it's my right shoulder and I'm very much right hand dominant. I can't think of much I do with my left. This will be interesting for sure.
          I am not familiar with that surgery. I am two weeks removed from wrist surgery and have just returned to work. Looking forward to the wrist getting back to where it was before the surgery and then even better. Tried reading or the first time in two weeks last night. That was the first time I could hold a book. After two hip replacements this one was a breeze. Hope your surgery goes well and corrects the issue!

Comment

Best of luck to you! As I am going to burn through my deductible with my shoulder surgery I am pressing the doctor for a full knee replacement this plan year. I am hopeful he will approve it as everyone I know who has had this done says it's a breeze and relieves their pain.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
            Just Knees. Left one is scheduled for December 13....

Comment

If you live in Indiana you should snatch this up. Man I wish I could buy this.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...5_M90422-16434

Comment

That’s awesome. I would absolutely buy that if I lived in Indiana and had 250k to spend.

Comment

Right? An old library from the 1900's with some modern amenities. I think it would be awesome.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

That’s awesome. I would absolutely buy that if I lived in Indiana and had 250k to spend.

Comment

Right? An old library from the 1900's with some modern amenities. I think it would be awesome.

I can't even imagine how cool it would be to own a Carnegie Library, not only because of the practical utility of the place and the thrill of owning an actual library, but also what it represents, the history of the Carnegie foundation that built over 2500 libraries in small towns all over the world from the 1880s to 1930, likely one of the most generous philanthropic activities in history. My personal association with the Carnegie initiative is that the one in my hometown was the first library I ever visited, and continued to do so for years, until a newer and much larger public library opened up across town when I was probably around twelve. But I'll always hold a special spot in my heart, with the few memories that I still have of it, for the Carnegie library and the children's room downstairs that first exposed me to the wonder of libraries and books. Here's a shot of it:

library.jpg
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

RonClinton That is a beauty of a building. I have wonderful memories of my home town library as well. The place was magic.

Comment

HOLY SHIT!

Why have a library in your home, when you can have your home in your library.

Not that it's super feasible at the moment, there is a legit part of me seriously thinking about this and running mental numbers in my head. $250k can't buy you anything in Colorado (or Washington) - and Indiana isn't on my HELL NO list of states (I'm specifically looking at you Texas, Georgia, and Florida!)

ETA: Since I work in Mortgage, I realize that no financial institution would do a loan on this as a Residential property since it doesn't have a kitchen or legal bedrooms. You'd have to pay cash, remodel the hell out of it, and then refinance to get your cash back.
                        Last edited by TacomaDiver; 12-04-2021, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Exactly! You nailed it. Home within your own personal library. I did the math as well and I couldn't swing it but I sure wish I could.

On a side note. It is awesome that folks with common interests can enjoy each others company regardless of other aspects of their lives. For example I live in Florida and would live in Texas or Georgia but would never live in CO or WA. It seems like way to many people have forgotten that you don't have to 100% agree with someone to be friendly with them.

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

HOLY SHIT!

Why have a library in your home, when you can have your home in your library.

Not that it's super feasible at the moment, there is a legit part of me seriously thinking about this and running mental numbers in my head. $250k can't buy you anything in Colorado (or Washington) - and Indiana isn't on my HELL NO list of states (I'm specifically looking at you Texas, Georgia, and Florida!)

ETA: Since I work in Mortgage, I realize that no financial institution would do a loan on this as a Residential property since it doesn't have a kitchen or legal bedrooms. You'd have to pay cash, remodel the hell out of it, and then refinance to get your cash back.
                          Last edited by Ben Staad; 12-04-2021, 06:38 PM.

Comment

I told my daughter about that property this morning, and her response was "Are we moving?". Ha, no, but I'd love a place like that.

As far as where to live, I'm going for altitude and West...still love the Tahoe area despite the price of entry. I'm currently reading Neal Stephenson's Termination Shock, and all I'll say is "Houston, we have a problem".

Comment

Never read that book but if I have to guess it has to do with the low elevation. It's similar to the area I live near. I am elevated for the area but along the coast they are between 7'-15' above sea level which means hurricanes typically do a good amount of damage.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                              I told my daughter about that property this morning, and her response was "Are we moving?". Ha, no, but I'd love a place like that.

As far as where to live, I'm going for altitude and West...still love the Tahoe area despite the price of entry. I'm currently reading Neal Stephenson's Termination Shock, and all I'll say is "Houston, we have a problem".

Comment

Never read that book but if I have to guess it has to do with the low elevation. It's similar to the area I live near. I am elevated for the area but along the coast they are between 7'-15' above sea level which means hurricanes typically do a good amount of damage.

Yes, the book is set in the fairly near future, and rising sea levels have flooded parts of Houston and many other low-lying cites around the world. I'm 20% in, according to my kindle, and enjoying it so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X