No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I must report the annual smoked turkey wasn't dry this year. It was juicy, tender, and smoky. Had a very nice time.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
        Well I must report the annual smoked turkey wasn't dry this year. It was juicy, tender, and smoky. Had a very nice time.
        Victory!

Comment

Yep. LOL.

It was a most welcome surprise. Plus I scored a take home leg quarter which should make a very good soup, cream dish, gumbo, or something.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Victory!

Comment

I haven’t been around much the last few months as I spent the last part of August following Dead and Company around the Northeast. It was something I have wanted to do since they were the Grateful Dead but didn’t have the money to do. Always been a fan and I did get to see them with Jerry 6 times. Shows were amazing this tour. John Mayer is an incredible guitarist . It was an expensive few weeks but worth it. I did enjoy getting to sleep in my own bed one night when they played Saratoga and did the second best version of Bird Song I’ve ever heard. Since then I’ve been working a ton of hours because both my jobs are very short staffed. It was a great way to end the Summer.

Comment

Wow, well done. I'm glad you were able to do this.

Comment

Thrown out back, dogs needed out at 1:30 am, touch of insomnia, now some Prometheus on the tube. Gonna feel like a turd tomorrow but sure enjoying a pitch dark living room, no dogs, and no interruptions.

Comment

Thrown out back, dogs needed out at 1:30 am, touch of insomnia, now some Prometheus on the tube. Gonna feel like a turd tomorrow but sure enjoying a pitch dark living room, no dogs, and no interruptions.
                  I woke up at 2:00 AM as well. Watching a couple of episodes of MASH and checking in here. Tomorrow will be a wasted day for me as well.

Comment

Sorry my friend. Hope you can take a peaceful nap tomorrow.

I woke up at 2:00 AM as well. Watching a couple of episodes of MASH and checking in here. Tomorrow will be a wasted day for me as well.

Comment

Almost received the book today except they sent me the wrong book. Emailed and hopefully something can be worked out. My guess is that someone else has my book so I'm not sure this will be resolved well.

I was so excited to add a Rick Hautala lettered.

The lettered I did receive I have no interest in.

Congratulations!

Comment

Sorry my friend. Hope you can take a peaceful nap tomorrow.

Was able to go to sleep again a little after 3:30. Planning on a lazy day and turning in early.

Comment

Almost received the book today except they sent me the wrong book. Emailed and hopefully something can be worked out. My guess is that someone else has my book so I'm not sure this will be resolved well.

I was so excited to add a Rick Hautala lettered.

The lettered I did receive I have no interest in.

That sucks! Hopefully they are able to get the correct book in your hands.

Comment

Received the Cemetery Dance Trade edition of Peter Crowther's 'Things I Didn't Know My Father Knew' today and I am puzzled. The book says that it is published by Cemetery Dance but it is not like any CD book I have every seen. It looks like a grown up PS Publishing book. I say grown up because it is oversized at 7x10. Other than that it is all PS. Art Printed on boards and extremely bright white paper. The binding appears to be glued. There are several pieces of art sprinkled throughout and at over 500 pages looks like a good value at $40.
                            This is a duel publication from PS and CD. Maybe the signed limited is from CD and PS is doing the trade edition.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

This is a duel publication from PS and CD. Maybe the signed limited is from CD and PS is doing the trade edition.
                              It is a strange one. It has all the characteristics of a PS book, Except it's dimensions. It however does not say PS anywhere. Other dual books I have seen list both publishers on the copywrite page and cover. I am guessing that PS could get it out faster so they sent the CD file to one of their printers.

Comment

Seller is all over it. Seems like we have an agreement and resolution in place and an action plan moving forward.

Woot!

That sucks! Hopefully they are able to get the correct book in your hands.

Comment

Working...
                                X