No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed, DWELLER is likely my favorite as well…and given my affinity for Strand’s work, that’s saying something about that particular book.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Great minds think alike.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      Agreed, DWELLER is likely my favorite as well…and given my affinity for Strand’s work, that’s saying something about that particular book.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Did some Shelf maintenance yesterday. The bookmarks on the left are all from local bookstores that have gone out of business over the years.

Shelfie2.jpg

Comment

Looks like a proper shelfie. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
            Did some Shelf maintenance yesterday. The bookmarks on the left are all from local bookstores that have gone out of business over the years.
            A bittersweet archive. Nice that the stores' history lives on in some small way...wish I'd done something like that with all the stores I've seen come and go in the last three, four decades.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I try to grab a bookmark from any of the stores I stop by. I missed a few that I feel bad about, especially a store called Novel Futures that specialized in Science Fiction and Mysteries. They got crushed by Barnes and Noble when they came to town.

Comment

I got a shipment notification today from the fine people at Cemetery Dance. Two days ago I found a fiction book about a hotel that I wanted immediately. I order the novel yesterday. I stumbled upon a cool article about hotel novels. There are 5 novels and I want each one. I already have read and totally enjoyed The Sun Down Motel. That novel made the list. When life gives you lemons and tries to make you a sourpuss make the most of it and make lemonade. I am okay just not really a happy camper lately.

Cap
                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Shelfie2.jpg
                  Scooby Dooby Doo!!!
                  Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

mhatchett What is that Dark Dixie from Ron? Is it a PB, HC, audio? Don't think I've seen that one before.

Comment

Opened up another checking account which is 100% dedicated for buying books. It's already helping keep me closer to my budget. I keep a register with my balance and all unpaid pre-orders so I know my running balance.

Makes it easier for me to justify or pass on a purchase.

Randomness done for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                        mhatchett What is that Dark Dixie from Ron? Is it a PB, HC, audio? Don't think I've seen that one before.
                        Hey Ben, that is an Audio Book, it's a signed cassette. Many, Many years ago Ron Kelly did a sale on the Forum to Raise money for one of his children to go on a big school trip. This was part of a bundle that I bought that included a book and a one page story that he wrote. I have it framed someplace, it was pretty neat.

Comment

Okay. Cool. I thought that is what it was but didn't expect a cassette. Is this the story you mentioned?

RK Broadside.jpg

Hey Ben, that is an Audio Book, it's a signed cassette. Many, Many years ago Ron Kelly did a sale on the Forum to Raise money for one of his children to go on a big school trip. This was part of a bundle that I bought that included a book and a one page story that he wrote. I have it framed someplace, it was pretty neat.

Comment

Okay. Cool. I thought that is what it was but didn't expect a cassette. Is this the story you mentioned?

RK Broadside.jpg

That is the one Ben!

Comment

My cousin has was diagnosed with several forms of cancer about four (4) months ago. She never smoked, drank, did drugs, she stayed fit, ate healthy, and did everything she should do. Just a lovely lady and only 52.

Please say a prayer or send good thoughts her way if you don't mind. She will be passing soon and went into hospice care last night.

I can never understand the way of the world and I fell so sad for her, her husband, and her two amazing children.

Comment

My cousin has was diagnosed with several forms of cancer about four (4) months ago. She never smoked, drank, did drugs, she stayed fit, ate healthy, and did everything she should do. Just a lovely lady and only 52.

Please say a prayer or send good thoughts her way if you don't mind. She will be passing soon and went into hospice care last night.

I can never understand the way of the world and I fell so sad for her, her husband, and her two amazing children.
                                So sorry to hear this. Cancer does not discriminate and will strike anyone at any time. Sending good thoughts to her, her family and friends. Her passing will profoundly effect a lot of lives.

Comment

Working...
                                X