Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Good day all. Anyone else finding their rear ends dragging a bit with the time change?
    I just felt like I didn't sleep well last night. Guess I'll be back to normal soon.

Comment

So Whitley Strieber has moved on from Gray Men to...Jesus.

https://www.amazon.com/Jesus-New-Vis...5816062&sr=8-1

I actually read a couple of his alien abduction books, but all I could think was "He needs help". I don't think I'm going to read this latest one.

Comment

Hopefully he finds some peace and solace in his writing which provides comfort in his life.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
        So Whitley Strieber has moved on from Gray Men to...Jesus.

https://www.amazon.com/Jesus-New-Vis...5816062&sr=8-1

I actually read a couple of his alien abduction books, but all I could think was "He needs help". I don't think I'm going to read this latest one.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Good day all. Anyone else finding their rear ends dragging a bit with the time change?
          Not related to the time change but I have only slept in about 15 minute increments for the last three nights. I feel like I am approaching complete exhaustion and will collapse. The questions is do I get through work or have to call it a day early. My estimate is that I have had about 4 hours sleep since getting up Friday morning.

Comment

Yikes. Hang in there my friend. I have bouts of insomnia so I can feel your pain.

I truly hope you get some rest soon.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Not related to the time change but I have only slept in about 15 minute increments for the last three nights. I feel like I am approaching complete exhaustion and will collapse. The questions is do I get through work or have to call it a day early. My estimate is that I have had about 4 hours sleep since getting up Friday morning.

Comment

Yikes. Hang in there my friend. I have bouts of insomnia so I can feel your pain.

I truly hope you get some rest soon.

I have battled Insomnia since I was a teen, inherited it from my mother. I have nightly medication that makes it manageable most of the time. I am approaching the one year anniversary of the worst moment in my life. I knew it would shake me and am planning on taking a vacation and going to the beach at the time. The mind fuck is starting earlier than I anticipated. The next month will be rough but I will make it through the other side.

Comment

Not sure if this helps but please know you have folks here who care about you and support you. I've been fairly low for awhile now and just keep doing my best to churn through the days and try and enjoy some moments when I can. Seems to help a bit, for me, to stay busy and rearrange my thoughts on occasion.

I have battled Insomnia since I was a teen, inherited it from my mother. I have nightly medication that makes it manageable most of the time. I am approaching the one year anniversary of the worst moment in my life. I knew it would shake me and am planning on taking a vacation and going to the beach at the time. The mind fuck is starting earlier than I anticipated. The next month will be rough but I will make it through the other side.

Comment

Not sure if this helps but please know you have folks here who care about you and support you. I've been fairly low for awhile now and just keep doing my best to churn through the days and try and enjoy some moments when I can. Seems to help a bit, for me, to stay busy and rearrange my thoughts on occasion.

Thank you it is appreciated. I am generally pretty good at handling emotions but the last year has been on another level. Know that I will come out the other end.

Comment

We're thinking of you Martin.

Comment

I like Betts Books and have great respect for David however there have been multiple times that emails have not been responded to. Has anyone else had this experience?

Comment

Hang in there, Martin, and know our thoughts and condolences are still with you. Spend some time with good memories amid the sound of the ocean, then come back and treat yourself to a long afternoon at Powell’s, about the best distraction one can find.
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I like Betts Books and have great respect for David however there have been multiple times that emails have not been responded to. Has anyone else had this experience?
                          Yes. I figure they have fallen through the cracks, into a spam folder, or the item is simply no longer available. I rarely think to shop there though.

Comment

I suppose all of those are possibilities.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Yes. I figure they have fallen through the cracks, into a spam folder, or the item is simply no longer available. I rarely think to shop there though.

Comment

Hey, Martin, after Powell’s, you may want to check out this bookstore in Gresham:

Books Around the Corner in Gresham, Ore., is becoming a genre bookstore, owner Stephanie Csaszar announced this week. Going forward, the new and used bookstore will focus primarily on science fiction, fantasy, horror and mystery. It will continue to carry books for all ages as well as related nonfiction titles and gifts.

Customers will still be able to special order any title, and popular pre-orders in all genres will be displayed on the website. In addition, the store's remaining non-genre titles will be 40% off through Independent Bookstore Day.

The store's new genre focus will also be represented in its book clubs. There are five in total, including a science fiction club, a fantasy club, a horror club, a mystery club and the No Shelf Control Book Club, which will read books from a variety of genres.

Csaszar, who opened the store in 2018, noted that genre fiction has always made up more of the inventory than fiction and nonfiction, and over time sales of those genres have only increased. Throughout the pandemic, she continued, she's had more time to look at sales and see "what is actually selling and what is collecting dust on the shelves."

Since making the announcement earlier this week, Csaszar reported, she's received "not only support but excitement from our readers." She added: "I love all things strange and unusual and escaping to different worlds."

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                                Hey, Martin, after Powell’s, you may want to check out this bookstore in Gresham:

Books Around the Corner in Gresham, Ore., is becoming a genre bookstore, owner Stephanie Csaszar announced this week. Going forward, the new and used bookstore will focus primarily on science fiction, fantasy, horror and mystery. It will continue to carry books for all ages as well as related nonfiction titles and gifts.

Customers will still be able to special order any title, and popular pre-orders in all genres will be displayed on the website. In addition, the store's remaining non-genre titles will be 40% off through Independent Bookstore Day.

The store's new genre focus will also be represented in its book clubs. There are five in total, including a science fiction club, a fantasy club, a horror club, a mystery club and the No Shelf Control Book Club, which will read books from a variety of genres.

Csaszar, who opened the store in 2018, noted that genre fiction has always made up more of the inventory than fiction and nonfiction, and over time sales of those genres have only increased. Throughout the pandemic, she continued, she's had more time to look at sales and see "what is actually selling and what is collecting dust on the shelves."

Since making the announcement earlier this week, Csaszar reported, she's received "not only support but excitement from our readers." She added: "I love all things strange and unusual and escaping to different worlds."

Thanks for the heads up. I had never heard of this store before. I checked out her address and I am familiar with the strip mall she is in. I have driven by it several times. It is primarily populated by Mexican markets so I do not even bother to look. I will definitely get in there when she is able to open to the public again. I am also impressed with her website, easy to search and navigate. I will absolutely be sending some business her way. Joined her email list and added her to my Instagram and Twitter follows. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
                                X