X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Thanks. Although I am converting to cases with glass doors I am taking a much less expensive route. Most of mine are Ikea Billy cases with glass doors. Your cases have a much richer look and will outlive mine.
    They're not the true antique Globe Wernicke cases, but modern facsimiles thereof, and I am admittedly very pleased to have them. I was fortunate enough to get most of these 20 or so years ago when you could still get both decent craftsmanship in real wood *and* there was enough demand still for bookcases that they weren't so uncommon as to subsequently require special order and thus be rather expensive. I have a couple from that latter time frame and I'm sure I paid twice as much for each of those than I did for the earlier ones.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Thanks, guys.

Martin, there are 3 more bookcases — two barrister-style and one standard — in an alcove on the other side of this room, but no way to include them all in one shot. There are 6 more bookcases in an upstairs loft, most of them also glass-fronted.
    Thanks. Although I am converting to cases with glass doors I am taking a much less expensive route. Most of mine are Ikea Billy cases with glass doors. Your cases have a much richer look and will outlive mine.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Thanks, guys.

Martin, there are 3 more bookcases — two barrister-style and one standard — in an alcove on the other side of this room, but no way to include them all in one shot. There are 6 more bookcases in an upstairs loft, most of them also glass-fronted.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Beautiful Ron. I have about half my books behind glass at this point. My target is to get that number to over 80% this year. How many other rooms do you have books? I realized that I have books in every room that does not have running water.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Fantastic looking library. Love the bookcases with the glass doors. Those are the ones on my wish list.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Not at all, I’ve been known to do the same a time or two. Speaking of home libraries, I just featured pictures of mine on Twitter today, if you want to have a look:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...986778633?s=21

Leave a comment:

Working...
X