No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a completely random but happy note. I have now been working from home for over a year. My employer deducts Oregon income tax as my office is in Oregon. My home is in Washington. On my tax return I documented that I had only actually worked in Oregon 23 days in 2020. I just received a state tax return that is equivalent to almost 9% of my annual pay! Replacing the roof on my 24 year old house.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      Anyone else ever have their bank stop a transaction to Folio and request confirmation first? Well mine did this today, I replied that it's a legit purchase, and still couldn't complete the transaction with that card. Had to use a credit card then do a bill pay -from my bank- to pay the CC.

I'm not very progressive with electronics and find this type of stuff to be pretty frustrating and wasteful.
      My CU doesn't allow overseas transactions ever via their issued debt cards. Not even if you request it. I use my PayPal debt card without incident for overseas transactions. The irony is, it's debited straight from my CU account.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        On a completely random but happy note. I have now been working from home for over a year. My employer deducts Oregon income tax as my office is in Oregon. My home is in Washington. On my tax return I documented that I had only actually worked in Oregon 23 days in 2020. I just received a state tax return that is equivalent to almost 9% of my annual pay! Replacing the roof on my 24 year old house.
        Nice!

Comment

Woot! Fairness in taxes. Who would have thought that?

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

That is very funny! Makes a lot of sense to boot.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

My CU doesn't allow overseas transactions ever via their issued debt cards. Not even if you request it. I use my PayPal debt card without incident for overseas transactions. The irony is, it's debited straight from my CU account.

Comment

That's fantastic! And you deserve that break!

Comment

I have never tried it with a debit card, mine may not allow that either. I use my CU credit card for the points. I pay all bills through it as well and end up getting close to $1,000 in Amazon gift cards each year. It is also real easy just to move the money from savings to Credit before interest kicks in.

Comment

Woot! Fairness in taxes. Who would have thought that?

It generally is not fair here. I live in Washington and pay nearly 9% in Sales tax. Because my office is in Oregon I normally pay 9% in income tax. People who live in Oregon just have to show their license when shopping in Washington and they are not charged the sales tax, yet people from Washington get no relieve on Oregon income taxes. I use the roads and other Oregon services so I think I should pay some taxes to the state. But paying the full amount when my children could not attend their schools seems a bit much.

Comment

I have never tried it with a debit card, mine may not allow that either. I use my CU credit card for the points. I pay all bills through it as well and end up getting close to $1,000 in Amazon gift cards each year. It is also real easy just to move the money from savings to Credit before interest kicks in.
                    That's a great incentive to use your CC for bill pay. I'm just not a CC guy so had to find a workaround for international purchases.

Comment

That's a great incentive to use your CC for bill pay. I'm just not a CC guy so had to find a workaround for international purchases.
                      It works great. I basically use that card for any non cash purchase. Groceries, Gas, restaurants. The reward points just push me to use that card.

Comment

You actually prompted to check out my CC options at the credit union.

It works great. I basically use that card for any non cash purchase. Groceries, Gas, restaurants. The reward points just push me to use that card.

Comment

You actually prompted to check out my CC options at the credit union.

Good luck, hopefully they offer something like mine does. The actual program my credit union is enrolled in is called Dream Points. You can select merchandise, gift cards, Visa Debit cards and Amazon cards. Early on I calculated the price of items I may buy, the Visa Debit cards and the Amazon cards. At that time you got the best value in selecting the Amazon cards. I usually redeem my points a couple of times a year and they send you $100 cards. I actually have $400 in the drawer waiting to be loaded on my Amazon account.

Comment

Already received a shipment notice from Folio, Now that’s speedy. Received one, too, for my latest Centipede order a few days after placing it Getting spoiled by all these timely deliveries.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Congrats. I received my notice today as well. Looking forward to seeing the book in 14-28 days!

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              Already received a shipment notice from Folio, Now that’s speedy. Received one, too, for my latest Centipede order a few days after placing it Getting spoiled by all these timely deliveries.

Comment

Good day all. Anyone else finding their rear ends dragging a bit with the time change?

Comment

Working...
                                X