No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel so powerful today. I sold a book that i was pretty indifferent to for $565.00 and turned around and bought several other books that i really wanted. What a great Monday, I think, I'll celebrate with Chinese food! Have a great day guys!

Comment

Cha-ching! Congrats my friend. Love hearing about win wins.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
      I feel so powerful today. I sold a book that i was pretty indifferent to for $565.00 and turned around and bought several other books that i really wanted. What a great Monday, I think, I'll celebrate with Chinese food! Have a great day guys!
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Nice start to the week!

Comment

It's great when a hobby pays for itself!
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Boy oh boy. My book budget is taking a beating this year already.

Comment

On a similar note does anyone have good recipes for ramen noodle packets, rice, and dried beans? LOL LOL

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
              Boy oh boy. My book budget is taking a beating this year already.

Comment

Sometimes you get a pleasant surprise. I've had my eye on two PS Publishing books on eBay (Two books in one auction). The seller had them listed for $50 and recently slashed that to $25 so I finally knuckled under and got the two novels. I just made the purchase after looking at the two books for months. Since we've been shut down here I think I've read five books. I just finished Nemesis by Kealan Patrick Burke which for me was a hard book to read.

Cap
                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                  Sometimes you get a pleasant surprise. I've had my eye on two PS Publishing books on eBay (Two books in one auction). The seller had them listed for $50 and recently slashed that to $25 so I finally knuckled under and got the two novels. I just made the purchase after looking at the two books for months. Since we've been shut down here I think I've read five books. I just finished Nemesis by Kealan Patrick Burke which for me was a hard book to read.

Cap
                  Nemesis is part of a series. Had you read the prior stories?

Comment

Yes, I did read all the prior books in the series and I was the winner of The Turtle Boy contest when that novella was published by Necessary Evil Press. I have the Turtle Boy manuscript signed by Kealan Patrick Burke and an original Turtle Boy sketch signed by Kealan Patrick Burke. I also have Stage Whispers: The Collected Timmy Quinn from Thunderstorm Books.

Cap

Comment

That is a sweet collection. Congrats. I have enjoyed everything I have read from him. How did you end up with a manuscript if you don't mind sharing?

Yes, I did read all the prior books in the series and I was the winner of The Turtle Boy contest when that novella was published by Necessary Evil Press. I have the Turtle Boy manuscript signed by Kealan Patrick Burke and an original Turtle Boy sketch signed by Kealan Patrick Burke. I also have Stage Whispers: The Collected Timmy Quinn from Thunderstorm Books.

Cap

Comment

That is a sweet collection. Congrats. I have enjoyed everything I have read from him. How did you end up with a manuscript if you don't mind sharing?

I was the winner of The Turtle Boy contest when that novella was published by Necessary Evil Press. Cap

Comment

LOL. Okay. I didn't connect the dots from your original post. That is an amazing prize.

I was the winner of The Turtle Boy contest when that novella was published by Necessary Evil Press. Cap

Comment

Is it weird that you can walk into your home library and put a book back unto a shelf, in it's spot, in basically the pitch dark?

Comment

Is it weird that you can walk into your home library and put a book back unto a shelf, in it's spot, in basically the pitch dark?
                              No, it is not. You are a wise book collector and you are one with your books. If you place the book in the wrong spot, you'll get booked. ~Cap

Comment

"The Force is strong with this one".

Comment

Working...
                                X