Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I did not however I did check out their FB and it doesn't appears there has been any updates since December. They did reply to a few comments around 4-5 weeks ago. I would reach out to them.

HAFFNER PRESS • 5005 Crooks Road • Suite 35 • Royal Oak, MI 48073-1239 • ph: 248-288-4765 • [email protected]

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Hi All,

Random question, but did anyone order "The Complete John the Balladeer" from Haffner Press? If so, have you received your copy or any sort of update as to when it may be shipped? I saw their last newsletter update in December which stated that the books were in-hand and would be shipping in a first-in/first-out order basis. I placed my order fairly early (May 2021) and would have assumed that I would have a shipping notice by now. Normally, I would just email and ask for an update; however, Haffner stated in that same newsletter that "Unsolicited inquiries regarding order status are not recommended. Your place in line is secure, but not sacred." Because of that, I'm a bit worried about contacting them as I don't want my copy delayed even further, and I also don't have Facebook to contact them online. This was my first ever order with Haffner, and I can't lie, I will never pre-order a book from them again. To me, at least in terms of this book, their level of contact/customer service has been beyond subpar, and being passive-aggressive toward people who want to follow-up on a years old pre-order via email completely sucks. If anyone has received their copy or a shipping notice, please let me know as that might at least dictate whether I should roll the dice and email Haffner to check on the status of mine. Thanks!!!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Hi All,

Random question, but did anyone order "The Complete John the Balladeer" from Haffner Press? If so, have you received your copy or any sort of update as to when it may be shipped? I saw their last newsletter update in December which stated that the books were in-hand and would be shipping in a first-in/first-out order basis. I placed my order fairly early (May 2021) and would have assumed that I would have a shipping notice by now. Normally, I would just email and ask for an update; however, Haffner stated in that same newsletter that "Unsolicited inquiries regarding order status are not recommended. Your place in line is secure, but not sacred." Because of that, I'm a bit worried about contacting them as I don't want my copy delayed even further, and I also don't have Facebook to contact them online. This was my first ever order with Haffner, and I can't lie, I will never pre-order a book from them again. To me, at least in terms of this book, their level of contact/customer service has been beyond subpar, and being passive-aggressive toward people who want to follow-up on a years old pre-order via email completely sucks. If anyone has received their copy or a shipping notice, please let me know as that might at least dictate whether I should roll the dice and email Haffner to check on the status of mine. Thanks!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

How fun! I used to go to the annual VNSA book sale in Phoenix but haven't been in the last few years. The lines and wait to get in just got too long for me. Glad you found something to make your trip worth it!
    Thanks! And I live in a pretty small town so there are definitely no lines, which makes it a very calm way to spend an hour or two on a lazy Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Went to a local library book sale this past weekend. I normally strike out on these ventures. Beyond King and Koontz, it's often hard to find any horror or dark fiction among the plethora of James Patterson books and romance novels that seem to populate these sales whenever I go. However, I did get kinda lucky this time. While not horror, I did score a very nice looking paperback of Blacktop Wasteland by S.A. Crosby that I've been meaning to pick up. So it was win with just that one book. I also grabbed a hardcover of Fantasticland by Mike Bockoven, which I had heard good things about when it was released and then it promptly left my mind. Also grabbed Demon Seed by the aforementioned Koontz, The Ox-Bow Incident, and a collection of three novels by Zane Grey, whom I've never read, but I figured it was for a good cause so why not. Not a bad haul, I think.
    How fun! I used to go to the annual VNSA book sale in Phoenix but haven't been in the last few years. The lines and wait to get in just got too long for me. Glad you found something to make your trip worth it!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Went to a local library book sale this past weekend. I normally strike out on these ventures. Beyond King and Koontz, it's often hard to find any horror or dark fiction among the plethora of James Patterson books and romance novels that seem to populate these sales whenever I go. However, I did get kinda lucky this time. While not horror, I did score a very nice looking paperback of Blacktop Wasteland by S.A. Crosby that I've been meaning to pick up. So it was win with just that one book. I also grabbed a hardcover of Fantasticland by Mike Bockoven, which I had heard good things about when it was released and then it promptly left my mind. Also grabbed Demon Seed by the aforementioned Koontz, The Ox-Bow Incident, and a collection of three novels by Zane Grey, whom I've never read, but I figured it was for a good cause so why not. Not a bad haul, I think.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Let me know if you need assistance!
    Thanks for the offer to help. Just sent you a PM.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied

Well, still don't have access to the The Dark Tower site for some reason. Anybody willing to reach out to a member on that forum on my behalf?
    Let me know if you need assistance!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Good luck. I'm sure there are some folks here who are members.

Well, still don't have access to the The Dark Tower site for some reason. Anybody willing to reach out to a member on that forum on my behalf?

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I know this is a little goofy, but I just noticed today that I'm finally over a 1000 posts on this forum! I'm not the biggest poster out there; so, this feels pretty neat. Of course, at this rate speed, I won't hit 2000 posts until the year 2030. That feels insane to write!
    In the olden days, you would get %off coupons for hitting certain levels. Congrats, time and posts fly, when you're having fun.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Anybody know how long it takes to get an activation email for The Dark Tower site? Created one to reach out to a member there and I haven't received an email yet. Is it automatic or does an administrator send it out?

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Woohoo and congrats! Keep posting.

I know this is a little goofy, but I just noticed today that I'm finally over a 1000 posts on this forum! I'm not the biggest poster out there; so, this feels pretty neat. Of course, at this rate speed, I won't hit 2000 posts until the year 2030. That feels insane to write!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Anybody know how long it takes to get an activation email for The Dark Tower site? Created one to reach out to a member there and I haven't received an email yet. Is it automatic or does an administrator send it out?

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    That is pretty cool.

I went ahead and created a group.

As soon as I figure out how to give a link to sign up and/or subscribe, I'll start a separate thread. Whether it's destined to be active or just a backup to this forum, should something unfortunate happen to it, will depend on the interest here from the community, but either way I think it'll be a nice alternative to have in place.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    That is pretty cool.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Short of someone gathering up all the various emails and starting an email chain -- or a Groups.io email-list account (the expense of which I have no idea***) -- there has to be a platform of some type to host things. I'm not sure it's economically feasible for anyone to host a set of boards for ten, twenty active and participating folks, so it then defaults to an existing platform. It doesn't seem like many of us are on Facebook...I'm not, either. I am on Twitter, and while I know it has its share of proponents and critics, I don't foresee leaving so I can be found there, and it's easy to hashtag folks' User I.D.s to form a "group" tweet for discussion, etc. I'm also on BlueSky, but rarely visit, and when I do I find that it seems few others visit, either.

It's funny that the old way of hosting small conversations, i.e. forums, is by many measures the best way...but unfortunately being the "best way" didn't save video stores, either.

*** EDIT: Actually, there is a free option, and it's probably sufficient for our needs, with a limit of 100 members: https://groups.io/static/pricing
    • Unlimited Messages
    • Up to 100 Members
    • Advanced Moderation Features
    • 1GB Storage Space

Anyhow, food for thought.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X