No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Came across This guys auction, Looks like he's got some interesting titles. I have no connection with him, but I thought I would share it with Y'all just in case someone is looking for something he has listed.
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/glodowski12...p2047675.l2562

Comment

Speaking of eBay, after 22 years of being an eBay member, I had my worst encounter ever with another member last night. This guy was completely unhinged, possibly mentally unwell, and clearly felt safe to verbally abuse me over nothing since eBay's policies overtly favor buyers. He is now blocked from my future auctions, but it makes me question whether starting to sell my books there is worth the potential hassle, though I know I shouldn't let one proverbial bad apple spoil the cart. That said, if this kind of thing rears its head more than once in a blue moon, I don't know if I have the temperament to continue with the sales on the eBay platform...I'm a pretty laid-back, patient guy who tries to treat everyone with kindness and respect, but it took everything I had to remain professional and not respond in kind when so unjustly berated, and I'm getting too old to exercise that hard.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

To get you all into the Halloween spirit, and maybe call back to a time when CD sold pumpkin prints (I am drawing a blank on the artist . . . all I can think of is Gorp and I'm pretty sure that's not right . . . GAK?) here's a spooky jack-o-lantern my wife made:

IMG_3209.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
          To get you all into the Halloween spirit, and maybe call back to a time when CD sold pumpkin prints (I am drawing a blank on the artist . . . all I can think of is Gorp and I'm pretty sure that's not right . . . GAK?) here's a spooky jack-o-lantern my wife made:

IMG_3209.jpg
          I remember those. The artist was Gak and I believe they were called Gak-O-Lanterns. They had a few variations and if I remember correctly they were very reasonably priced. I regret not ordering them. I believe the artist passed away but I may be remembering that wrong. The artist website is still up http://www.gakart.com/mainpage.html

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
            Speaking of eBay, after 22 years of being an eBay member, I had my worst encounter ever with anotherember last night. This guy was completely unhinged, possibly mentally unwell, and clearly felt safe to verbally abuse me over nothing since eBay's policies overtly favor buyers. He is now blocked from my future auctions, but it makes me question whether starting to sell my books there is worth the potential hassle, though I know I shouldn't let one proverbial bad apple spoil the cart. That said, if this kind of thing rears its head more than once in a blue moon, I don't know if I have the temperament to continue with the sales on the eBay platform...I'm a pretty laid-back, patient guy who tries to treat everyone with kindness and respect, but it took everything I had to remain professional and not respond in kind when so unjustly berated, and I'm getting too old to exercise that hard.
            Did you report him Ron? That is what you should do. I recently had to report a buyer that I strongly suspected of playing games when he needed to pay for the expensive book auction he won. I reported him to eBay and *boom!* he paid pronto.

Steve
            Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post

Did you report him Ron? That is what you should do. I recently had to report a buyer that I strongly suspected of playing games when he needed to pay for the expensive book auction he won. I reported him to eBay and *boom!* he paid pronto.

Steve
              I toyed with the idea, but thus far he hasn’t pushed things to include negative feedback to impact my 1K+ 100% positive feedback, so I’ve let it go as there’s not much to be gained. If he elevates things, then the gloves come off.

Comment

She did a nice job on it, Jason.

Comment

GAK.jpg
                  Originally posted by Martin View Post

I remember those. The artist was Gak and I believe they were called Gak-O-Lanterns. They had a few variations and if I remember correctly they were very reasonably priced. I regret not ordering them. I believe the artist passed away but I may be remembering that wrong. The artist website is still up http://www.gakart.com/mainpage.html
                  Here They are LOL! I was so glad I bought these. I was hoping it would become an annual thing. The date on these is 2013. I think you are right Martin, I did hear he had pasted away.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                    GAK.jpg

Here They are LOL! I was so glad I bought these. I was hoping it would become an annual thing. The date on these is 2013. I think you are right Martin, I did hear he had pasted away.
                    I tried to find photos, thanks for posting them. Makes me wish I had them even more!

Comment

Unless they aren't available I think I will buy the CD Jeff Strand book from their novella series. I always liked Jeff and his work.
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                        Unless they aren't available I think I will buy the CD Jeff Strand book from their novella series. I always liked Jeff and his work.
                        I read the ARC and really enjoyed it.

Comment

PS is having a nice sale, however, be aware of the cost of shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                            PS is having a nice sale, however, be aware of the cost of shipping.
                            Yeah. I put a couple books totaling L20 (pounds) in my cart, and the shipping nearly doubled it, at L15. I certainly don't blame PS as they're just subject to whatever the overseas rates are, but that made it L35, or almost $50 for a couple of impulse books. Had to pass.

Comment

I'm debating the same thing. There's a few books I'd pick up since the prices are right but the shipping is insane. Literally over $37 to ship three books overseas. I guess this is what the rest of the world has been dealing with for awhile when buying from the US, but doesn't bum me out any less. Might still pull the trigger, but I'm going to have to give it some thought. These three books or pull the trigger on a Centipede Press title I've had my eye on for a bit...decisions, decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                                Speaking of eBay, after 22 years of being an eBay member, I had my worst encounter ever with another member last night. This guy was completely unhinged, possibly mentally unwell, and clearly felt safe to verbally abuse me over nothing since eBay's policies overtly favor buyers. He is now blocked from my future auctions, but it makes me question whether starting to sell my books there is worth the potential hassle, though I know I shouldn't let one proverbial bad apple spoil the cart. That said, if this kind of thing rears its head more than once in a blue moon, I don't know if I have the temperament to continue with the sales on the eBay platform...I'm a pretty laid-back, patient guy who tries to treat everyone with kindness and respect, but it took everything I had to remain professional and not respond in kind when so unjustly berated, and I'm getting too old to exercise that hard.
                                I had an incident earlier this summer when postal service was really bad. Someone purchased a set of DVD's from me and they paid pronto. I sent it out right away and Inc!uded the tracking number along with a note explaining that due to COVID postal service has been slow. Every other day they emailed me demanding I find out where there package was. Each time I explained to them again and told them to refer to their tracking information. Finally they got really belligerent and threatened to leave me a bad review. I told them to go ahead as I have all of their emails and that what they were doing constituted as harassment. I then told them to never ever purchase anything from me again because I wouldn't sell them anything even if I was desperate for money. The emails stopped and after their package arrived they left me a wonderful review.

Comment

Working...
                                X