No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has been a very expensive book week. Over the last seven days, my PayPal has been working overtime with the following purchases.

A Scanner Darkly (Suntup)
    Grady Hendrix bundle (SST)
    The Night Country (Lividian)
    Storm Front (Grim Oak)
    The Rose-Colored House Where They Died (Thunderstorm)

I had CD credit to help with The Night Country, but now I think I’m officially poor. But preorder happy!

Comment

Sounds like a great week! Congrats!

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      This has been a very expensive book week. Over the last seven days, my PayPal has been working overtime with the following purchases.

Storm Front (Grim Oak)

I had CD credit to help with The Night Country, but now I think I’m officially poor. But preorder happy!
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Storm Front (Grim Oak)

Looks like a great set of preorders! Who wrote ROSE-COLORED HOUSE...? Not familiar with that one...

I ended up skipping all of this week’s cool preorders and instead just picked a set of Centipede titles that I’m very excited to snag (after regretting passing on them).
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Looks like a great set of preorders! Who wrote ROSE-COLORED HOUSE...? Not familiar with that one...

I ended up skipping all of this week’s cool preorders and instead just picked a set of Centipede titles that I’m very excited to snag (after regretting passing on them).
          ROSE-COLORED HOUSE is by Gwendolyn Kiste. I’m not familiar with the book or the author. It’s the 3rd book in TSB’s Tempest line so I bought it on faith. We’ll see how it goes.

Congrats on the Centipede books. Look forward to seeing the pics when they arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
            Sounds like a great week! Congrats!

Thanks! I wasn’t looking to load up on titles the week. Some of these were a little impulsive. A SCANNER DARKLY and STORM FRONT, mainly. Both are from publishers and in genres I don’t normally collect. We’ll see if Future-Me curses Current-Me for not being more frugal. ​​​​​​​

Comment

I got a package from CD today. On the bottom of the package label I see a wolf? / dog picture looking up at an angle and the word Shippo. What is Shippo? ~Cap
              Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                I got a package from CD today. On the bottom of the package label I see a wolf? / dog picture looking up at an angle and the word Shippo. What is Shippo? ~Cap
                Shippo, The CD Warehouse Dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Shippo, The CD Warehouse Dog.
                  Are you serious?? If true, does anyone have a picture of this dog? ~Cap
                  Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post

Are you serious?? If true, does anyone have a picture of this dog? ~Cap
                    I believe Shippo is a company that provides shipping software for small e commerce businesses. They may offer more services than that but I am sure. Regarding the dogs (cats, birds, snails, fish) of Cemetery Dance they are featured on the CD website. https://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/photo-gallery/

Comment

Just noticed that Joe Lansdale has a new book coming out on June 22nd (Moon Lake). Am very excited as I am a huge Lansdale fan and the synopsis sounds great.

Edgar award-winning author Joe Lansdale returns with a standalone novel following the gripping and unexpected tale of the lost town and dark secret that lie beneath the glittering waters of an East Texas lake.

Daniel Russell was only thirteen years old when his father tried to kill them both by driving their car into Moon Lake. Miraculously surviving the crash— and growing into adulthood— Daniel returns to the site of this traumatic incident in the hopes of recovering his father's car and bones. As he attempts to finally put to rest the memories that have plagued him for years, he discovers something even more shocking among the wreckage—a twenty-year-old relic that has ties to a twisted web of dark deeds, old grudges, and strange murders.

As Daniel diligently follows where the mysterious trail of vengeance leads, he unveils the heroic revelation at its core.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                        Just noticed that Joe Lansdale has a new book coming out on June 22nd (Moon Lake). Am very excited as I am a huge Lansdale fan and the synopsis sounds great.

Edgar award-winning author Joe Lansdale returns with a standalone novel following the gripping and unexpected tale of the lost town and dark secret that lie beneath the glittering waters of an East Texas lake.

Daniel Russell was only thirteen years old when his father tried to kill them both by driving their car into Moon Lake. Miraculously surviving the crash— and growing into adulthood— Daniel returns to the site of this traumatic incident in the hopes of recovering his father's car and bones. As he attempts to finally put to rest the memories that have plagued him for years, he discovers something even more shocking among the wreckage—a twenty-year-old relic that has ties to a twisted web of dark deeds, old grudges, and strange murders.

As Daniel diligently follows where the mysterious trail of vengeance leads, he unveils the heroic revelation at its core.
                        That sounds great...few authors do dark coming-of-age novels as well as Lansdale.

Comment

Agreed on the Lansdale book. Sounds great. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

This looks like a good deal on ebay if anybody is interested https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHARLES-BEA...UAAOSw9VxfXP88

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                              This looks like a good deal on ebay if anybody is interested https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHARLES-BEA...UAAOSw9VxfXP88
                              That is a heckuva deal (and one of the genre’s best collections!), but, man, I’d sure be nervous about a book that’s been vapor-locked in cellophane for thirty years. If any moisture was present at time of wrap or seeped in anytime in the last three decades...the new owner could have a very nasty surprise waiting for them when that cellophane is finally torn off.

Or not. Might be just fine. Older books in cellophane are like the proverbial box of chocolates...you just never know what you’re going to get.

Comment

You're right Ron, I didn't even think of that. I've never had that kind of issue, so it slipped past me. Hopefully it is a great deal for somebody.

Comment

Working...
                                X