• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Wings, Philly, or Chinese?
    But get takeout, not dine-in.

chinese.jpg
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Good call. Pepper Shrimp, Lo Mein, Spring Rolls and of course the obligatory fortune cookies.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Wings, Philly, or Chinese?
        Great. Quarter to 1 am and I need a Philly

Comment

LOL. Hope you scored one.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Great. Quarter to 1 am and I need a Philly

Comment

Seems COVID has had a positive effect on people getting outside. Went Apple picking today and had to wait in line for 90 minutes. Never had that problem. Nice to see so many people enjoying a great fall afternoon

Comment

I have spoke before about how nice my local library system is. During Covid they expanded the home delivery feature to all residents. This feature was ran out of their operations office and required that many more books be housed there. This office is an old library and is also where new books are stored before distribution. Well three days ago a construction crew, building a new elementary school next door broke a main water line. At the time all the reporting was about traffic disruptions and neighborhood water being turned off. Today the extent of the damage to the library was released. Eight trucks and thousands of books, many of them new awaiting release, were destroyed. The loading area and the entire basement was flooded.
              FVRL-flood-scaled-1226x0-c-default.jpg
              And for those that do not remember my old posts this is the library that replaced the one you see above:
              FVRL 02.jpg
              The two buildings are about a 1/2 mile apart.
              Last edited by Martin; 10-07-2020, 12:27 AM.

Comment

R.I.P., Eddie Van Halen. As if 2020 hadn’t kicked us in the gut enough. VH was one of the big three of the soundtrack of my early life, and are still on heavy rotation in my car and motorcycle helmet to this day. I still harbored hope I’d see VH reunite with Sammy Hagar and tour, and I’d get a chance to see ‘em, older and rougher around the edges, but aren’t we all...

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  R.I.P., Eddie Van Halen. As if 2020 hadn’t kicked us in the gut enough. VH was one of the big three of the soundtrack of my early life, and are still on heavy rotation in my car and motorcycle helmet to this day. I still harbored hope I’d see VH reunite with Sammy Hagar and tour, and I’d get a chance to see ‘em, older and rougher around the edges, but aren’t we all...
                  Arguably the greatest rock guitarist of all time. My heart goes out to his family. Haggar, Michael Anthony and Jason Bonham are creating some great music to this day. Check out Sammy Haggar and The Circle on Youtube. Their Lockdown and @HOME sessions are great!

Comment

Man, that's a lot of water.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Arguably the greatest rock guitarist of all time. My heart goes out to his family. Haggar, Michael Anthony and Jason Bonham are creating some great music to this day. Check out Sammy Haggar and The Circle on Youtube. Their Lockdown and @HOME sessions are great!
                      With Satriani as well doing the Chickenfoot thing (though it is nice to see S & Circle doing some of the VH songs). There’s a version of them doing Deep Purple’s Highway Star (found on YouTube) that’s just incredible.

https://youtu.be/GQVTtpE9J7s
                      Last edited by RonClinton; 10-07-2020, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                        This is a tough one. First Neil Peart and now Eddie Van Halen. 2020 continues to really suck. When that first Van Halen record came out in 1978 nobody had heard guitar playing even remotely close to Eddie's. It was like something from outer space, it was so different from anything that had came before. A huge part of my teen-age years is gone with Eddie's passing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                          Man, that's a lot of water.
                          They estimate 1.4 Million gallons of water was released. By the way the building sits it was primarily directed into the building. They say the entire basement was filled and over three feet of the first floor. They are trying now to restore operations using the currently closed libraries. At this point customers are unable to request new books for pick up or delivery. They also say that many of the books that were not directly flooded may be lost due to moisture as it took three days to get the water drained from the building.
                          Here are photo's of the watermain break:
                          CityofVancouverPhoto_WaterMainBreak_6pm2_Sat_10032020-2048x1884.jpgCityofVancouverPhoto_WaterMainBreak-6pm_Sat_10032020-2048x1670.jpg
                          Last edited by Martin; 10-07-2020, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Wow! That cost someone a pretty penny.

Comment

That is really sad about the library. I've worked in construction management for just about 20 years. I was on a project once, where we ran a large crane across a water main underground, this resulted in the main cracking. I can vouch that the water comes out amazingly fast and takes a bit of time to cut off and loss pressure.

Comment

That is really sad about the library. I've worked in construction management for just about 20 years. I was on a project once, where we ran a large crane across a water main underground, this resulted in the main cracking. I can vouch that the water comes out amazingly fast and takes a bit of time to cut off and loss pressure.
                                This was a very old cast iron 18" water main. They estimate about 25% of the cities water flows through this pipe. The explanation is that a backhoe made contact causing a crack. The crack turned into a rupture quickly from the water pressure. The tough thing is that as part of the construction project this pipe was about a week from being replaced.

Comment

Working...
                                X