No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best of luck to both of you. I'm not reducing my collection but I did slow down purchases dramatically for similar reasons. A health scare prompted me to take a hard look at my collecting habits and quantity of books. Then I thought about moving forward, life, and that my collection could be a burden to my loved ones.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I hear you Ben, both of my children enjoying books, but not to the collecting extant that I do. You have to start making choices at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        Why then, we’ll walk that lonely road together, Mike. :-/
        The road of Life Ron, the road of Life, HAHA!!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Gloomy days can crush me. One night in December (last year? the year before that? who knows, time means nothing now) I woke up to a severe panic attack. I almost took myself to the ER. I survived the night (I think, unless this is my afterlife and I'm in Hell) and the next day on the radio the weather guy said that we were currently enjoying the longest stretch of consecutive sunless days in Chicagoland history that began in November. It may not have been a contributing factor, but the hopelessness was real. And there's so much more to fear this year. Sunless or not.
          I suffer from seasonal depression and bought a therapeutic light a few years ago. I use it in the evening while I’m reading or watching tv. It has been a great help and they aren’t that expensive. Think I paid $35 for mine and was a wise investment.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

I suffer from seasonal depression and bought a therapeutic light a few years ago. I use it in the evening while I’m reading or watching tv. It has been a great help and they aren’t that expensive. Think I paid $35 for mine and was a wise investment.
            I'm sure I suffered from what you call seasonal depression when I still worked at night as a night auditor. I tried a white noise machine. For me, any help from the white noise machine was minimal. I also tried a therapeutic light. I got a top of the line model and I was frustrated by my experience with that "happy" light device. I am doing much better (happier) since I no longer work nights. I knew the time was right for me and I just had to get away from night work period.
            Yesterday I got a FB message from a coworker. She had heard a rumor and today I found it was true. The rumor was that my general practicioner (GP) had passed away. I checked with someone in Merced today who also went to my doctor. I was very sad to learn my doctor took his life this past Saturday. I said a little prayer for my doctor yesterday evening and this morning too. Right now I'm hoping their practice/office stays open. Finding a new GP would be a major challenge or ordeal for me.

Cap
            Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post

I'm sure I suffered from what you call seasonal depression when I still worked at night as a night auditor. I tried a white noise machine. For me, any help from the white noise machine was minimal. I also tried a therapeutic light. I got a top of the line model and I was frustrated by my experience with that "happy" light device. I am doing much better (happier) since I no longer work nights. I knew the time was right for me and I just had to get away from night work period.
              Yesterday I got a FB message from a coworker. She had heard a rumor and today I found it was true. The rumor was that my general practicioner (GP) had passed away. I checked with someone in Merced today who also went to my doctor. I was very sad to learn my doctor took his life this past Saturday. I said a little prayer for my doctor yesterday evening and this morning too. Right now I'm hoping their practice/office stays open. Finding a new GP would be a major challenge or ordeal for me.

Cap
              So sorry to hear that.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

So sorry to hear that.
                Me too Martin, me too. ~Cap
                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

So sorry to hear that.
                  Always a very sad and tragic thing.

Comment

Over the years I have always liked the look of the items this person puts together. I never actually bought anything from him though.

Jack Miniature/Statue.The Shining (Movie Based) themed:

https://www.facebook.com/HomemadeHor...4833871875028/

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

The road of Life Ron, the road of Life, HAHA!!
                      Dirda’s doing it, too...with, um, limited success:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...43f_story.html

​​​​​​​
                      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Well, I don't feel too bad now LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Dirda’s doing it, too...with, um, limited success:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...43f_story.html

​​​​​​​
                          Wow, I thought I was bad, but storing books in a greenhouse? As he said, magical thinking!

Comment

Just getting in the Halloween Mood! A friend painted this Halloween Tree for us years ago. Halloween Witches! 2.jpg

Comment

I love it, and I’m sure Bradbury would have, too!
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Wings, Philly, or Chinese?

Comment

Working...
                                X