Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Just to show you how little I know about this your statement 'Morpheus was advised to seek the counsel of the Justice League.' might as well have been in a different language. I have no clue what it means.
    LOL You will if you listen to the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

LOL You will if you listen to the story.
      Hopefully that will happen in about two weeks.

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes. Half way through day 4 with no power.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

The first arc of Sandman had the Justice League because DC forced Gaiman to include them. They never appeared again. (Actually, I think the last issue had some background characters, but they don't speak or are acknowledged.)

That first arc was definitely uneven, but afterwards the story really picks up.

So do other comic characters exist within Sandman?

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
            The first arc of Sandman had the Justice League because DC forced Gaiman to include them. They never appeared again. (Actually, I think the last issue had some background characters, but they don't speak or are acknowledged.)

That first arc was definitely uneven, but afterwards the story really picks up.

So this is the second reference to Justice League with relation to Sandman so I looked what that is. I have to say I am lowering my expectations of Sandman. Hopefully it surprises me.

Comment

So this is the second reference to Justice League with relation to Sandman so I looked what that is. I have to say I am lowering my expectations of Sandman. Hopefully it surprises me.
              Not sure how well Sandman works as an audio drama, need to listen to it myself. It’s in my audible queue as well. But half the point, imho, is the art, and I agree with other opinions that the first story arcs of Sandman were not the best ones, but once it left the superhero connections behind it got a lot better.

Comment

Like you, Martin being lost before, I'm lost now on the whole arc thing.

Comment

A friend of mine, whom I've worked with for over a decade, passed away this morning at work. He was nearing retirement age and we had talked extensively about his plans for after work.

Life is certainly fleeting and should be enjoyed at all moments. Do not wait for that perfect day to start enjoying things. Do your best to enjoy all aspects of it because, if you wait, you very well may be missing out.

Anyway, Rest in Peace, my Friend. You will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                    A friend of mine, whom I've worked with for over a decade, passed away this morning at work. He was nearing retirement age and we had talked extensively about his plans for after work.

Life is certainly fleeting and should be enjoyed at all moments. Do not wait for that perfect day to start enjoying things. Do your best to enjoy all aspects of it because, if you wait, you very well may be missing out.

Truer words were never spoken. So sorry for the loss to all those around your friend!

Comment

Thank you. His vision for the future was much the same as mine. I am very shaken by his passing.

Truer words were never spoken. So sorry for the loss to all those around your friend!

Comment

Thank you. His vision for the future was much the same as mine. I am very shaken by his passing.

Sorry for you loss as well.

Comment

I'm so sorry. Yet again this year just snuffs out the joy and the light. Be well.

Comment

I’m sorry to hear this. My condolences for the loss of your friend.

Comment

Thanks to all. Seems weird to be getting right back to work. Wish my passion was related to work however it isn't.

Truly wish my garden, five hens, and two bee hives could provide me with the opportunity to get our of the rat race.

Comment

Thanks to all. Seems weird to be getting right back to work. Wish my passion was related to work however it isn't.

Truly wish my garden, five hens, and two bee hives could provide me with the opportunity to get our of the rat race.
                                I want a Bee Hive!!

Comment

Working...
                                X