Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post

That one cost me a credit. I still want to get to it before Pale Battalions GO is released. Two books ahead it at this time so I should be good.
    I'm just barely into it but enjoying it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

I'm just barely into it but enjoying it so far.
      Gaiman generally is just OK for me but I hope I enjoy this one.

Comment

Note self. Check Scalzi's blog more often.
        Same. This morning was the first time I’d visited it.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Gaiman generally is just OK for me but I hope I enjoy this one.
          I'm not a Gaiman fan per se but the collaboration with Hill on Locke & Key intrigued me enough to give it a listen. Not sure I'm crazy about it being tied into the whole DC universe.

Comment

Starting day 3 without power. It's supposed to a hot one today. Little generator has done well keeping fridge/freezer running and interment uses of a small window A/C but now gas is very hard to find. I'm on my last 8-10 hours. Fingers crossed I can score (some gasoline!) today.

Last night internet started working again so that was cool. We re-watched Dinner for Schmucks and a few episodes, for the hundredth time, of The Office. Nice feeling a little normal for 2-3 hours.

Have a good one all.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Also this is the first time in the last 3 years that I actually wished I had a true smart phone.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Hope Y'all bounce back soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                  Starting day 3 without power. It's supposed to a hot one today. Little generator has done well keeping fridge/freezer running and interment uses of a small window A/C but now gas is very hard to find. I'm on my last 8-10 hours. Fingers crossed I can score (some gasoline!) today.

Last night internet started working again so that was cool. We re-watched Dinner for Schmucks and a few episodes, for the hundredth time, of The Office. Nice feeling a little normal for 2-3 hours.

Have a good one all.
                  Take care of yourself and your family. Hopefully they can get power restored soon and no more storms head your way.

Comment

Take care of yourself and your family. Hopefully they can get power restored soon and no more storms head your way.
                    Ditto!

Comment

I'm not a Gaiman fan per se but the collaboration with Hill on Locke & Key intrigued me enough to give it a listen. Not sure I'm crazy about it being tied into the whole DC universe.
                      I do not know enough to know what the DC universe is.

Comment

DC comics such as Superman, Batman, etc. I believe I read somewhere once that Gaiman wasn't happy about that aspect of it either but had to make the deal to get it published. IMO, superheros have no place in a supernatural setting. Unless those characters are part of the supernatural medium as well.

Comment

DC comics such as Superman, Batman, etc. I believe I read somewhere once that Gaiman wasn't happy about that aspect of it either but had to make the deal to get it published. IMO, superheros have no place in a supernatural setting. Unless those characters are part of the supernatural medium as well.
                          So do other comic characters exist within Sandman?

Comment

So do other comic characters exist within Sandman?
                            This is my first dabble into Sandman so I'm not sure if/when or characters will come into play. Not too much of a spoil but Morpheus was advised to seek the counsel of the Justice League. I was like, WTF?!? But as started before in several places, I'm not a superhero guy.

Comment

This is my first dabble into Sandman so I'm not sure if/when or characters will come into play. Not too much of a spoil but Morpheus was advised to seek the counsel of the Justice League. I was like, WTF?!? But as started before in several places, I'm not a superhero guy.
                              Just to show you how little I know about this your statement 'Morpheus was advised to seek the counsel of the Justice League.' might as well have been in a different language. I have no clue what it means.

Comment

I saw on eBay earlier this week The Works of Arthur Machen from Lowood Press. It's a print on demand book published in 2012. The contents are House of Souls (Consisting of AFragment of Life, The White, People, The Great God Pan, The Shining Pyramid). Also included are The Inmost Light, The Three Impostors, The Red Hand, The Hill of Dreams and The Bowmen). I have not read anything by Arthur Machen. I hope I like this book, I couldn't pass it up for only $19.37.

Cap
                                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X