Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post

We've thought about it. But it'd have to be done manually and I have enough trouble remembering to even make the announcement threads. Maybe I'll talk to Brian about putting just a generic "discuss this book" link that just sends people to the forums as a whole. I really don't know if it would work though.
    Hey Dan - Please see the next to last post on this thread. ~Steve
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post

The message appears like a visitors message to my profile rather than a Private Message. I think that is why it does not land in my in box and my replies appear to go nowhere. I am going to try sending you a direct PM rather than a reply.

Comment

I sent a direct PM and it shows in my sent box this time. You should have it.

Comment

Visitor messages are not the same as private messages. To be honest I don't even know how to leave a visitor message anymore.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Here are the Stephen King books I'm keeping. I have two copies of the Joyland illustrated edition hardcover (One in the tan slipcase), Joyland HCC paperback Full Dark, No Stars (I got a slipcase for this one at Overlook Connection). Sleeping Beauties Gift edition. Elevation in slipcase. The hardcover of Christine I found at a thrift shop. The Colorado Kid (HCC illustrated edition) and I have the Night Shift Gift edition ordered from CD.

Cap

Comment

Ben have you tried working with your County/City Social Services office?

Comment

This is a ? for Brian Freeman. I don't see a credit so far for September. I have the CD Credit. How much longer does the CD Credit continue? ~Cap

Comment

This is a ? for Brian Freeman. I don't see a credit so far for September. I have the CD Credit. How much longer does the CD Credit continue? ~Cap
                  Might want to message Brian directly. He doesn't necessarily follow every thread on here.
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Had a great email exchange with Mindy today. Cemetery dance really has fantastic people!

Comment

This is how a book gets from Baltimore Maryland to Richmond VA:

September 10, 2020, 11:13 am
                      Departed USPS Regional Facility
                      WASHINGTON DC NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
                      Your item departed our USPS facility in WASHINGTON DC NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on September 10, 2020 at 11:13 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
                      September 10, 2020, 3:50 am
                      Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
                      WASHINGTON DC NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
                      September 9, 2020, 9:37 pm
                      Departed USPS Regional Facility
                      GREENSBORO NC NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
                      September 9, 2020, 1:41 pm
                      Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
                      GREENSBORO NC NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
                      September 9, 2020, 12:26 pm
                      Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
                      FOREST HILL, MD 21050
                      September 8, 2020, 4:05 pm
                      Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
                      FOREST HILL, MD 21050

Comment

So I love living in the Northwest. We do have live volcanos and forest fires though. This morning I awoke to a house filled with smoke from forest fires. It did not cool down last night so my AC was running and it pulled in the smoke that had rolled in. Turned on all my exhaust fans and coughed my way through morning conference calls. I have a pretty good headache but the smoke level in my house is now improving. The smoke appears to be thinning outside as well. There is now enough light that the outdoors lights have now shut off.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          So I love living in the Northwest. We do have live volcanos and forest fires though. This morning I awoke to a house filled with smoke from forest fires. It did not cool down last night so my AC was running and it pulled in the smoke that had rolled in. Turned on all my exhaust fans and coughed my way through morning conference calls. I have a pretty good headache but the smoke level in my house is now improving. The smoke appears to be thinning outside as well. There is now enough light that the outdoors lights have now shut off.
                          Stay safe, Martin in your corner up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Stay safe, Martin in your corner up there.
                            I am safe, just smoke and ash. Many people I work with are evacuated, packed and ready to evacuate or have evacuated family with them at the moment. A coworker sent me photos he took as he was evacuating his sister Tuesday. One of the photos is of a hillside of trees in flames as they drive by. As of this morning his sister still does not know if her house has burned. Multiple people working for the company I work for have confirmed lost homes.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I am safe, just smoke and ash. Many people I work with are evacuated, packed and ready to evacuate or have evacuated family with them at the moment. A coworker sent me photos he took as he was evacuating his sister Tuesday. One of the photos is of a hillside of trees in flames as they drive by. As of this morning his sister still does not know if her house has burned. Multiple people working for the company I work for have confirmed lost homes.
                              That's awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

That's awful.
                                The fire situation up here is really bad. As of last night 1 of 9 persons in the state of Oregon were under evacuation orders. It is estimated that in the City of Malden Washington 80% of the structures in the city have burned. Multiple cities in Oregon are fully evacuated with no current information on what has burned.

Comment

Working...
                                X