No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got official word today that I do go back to work here. I don't have a return to work date yet. I have been working here for just over 30 years now. Last summer, I was given a neato handmade Happy 30th Anniv. celebration banner. I had enough space and put it on a wall in my room. Today kept me busier than expected-It was a good kind of busy.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
      I just got official word today that I do go back to work here. I don't have a return to work date yet. I have been working here for just over 30 years now. Last summer, I was given a neato handmade Happy 30th Anniv. celebration banner. I had enough space and put it on a wall in my room. Today kept me busier than expected-It was a good kind of busy.

Cap
      Sounds like great news — congratulations!
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Great news indeed!

Comment

So Jeffingoff, I see that Nightworms will be including a Malerman hardcover. Will you be giving them another the dented book last time?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            So Jeffingoff, I see that Nightworms will be including a Malerman hardcover. Will you be giving them another the dented book last time?
            I was wondering the same thing. I love nightworms. I. Have been a subscriber since day one. Those ladies really know their stuff about horror. I've been introduced to some new authors and rediscovered some old ones. Looks like the book is going to be Malorie. As the clue was book released on July 21st. Also they will have an early release from Stephen Graham Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

I was wondering the same thing. I love nightworms. I. Have been a subscriber since day one. Those ladies really know their stuff about horror. I've been introduced to some new authors and rediscovered some old ones. Looks like the book is going to be Malorie. As the clue was book released on July 21st. Also they will have an early release from Stephen Graham Jones.
              I have actually chosen not to purchase from them because of the way they ship. Too often books in bags arrive with damaged edges.

Comment

I don't really read indie horror nor do I like surprises / inability to choose and vet my own selections, so subscription packages like this are just not of any interest to me. That said, Sadie is terrific, and I wish her all the best with her business...for those who enjoy indie horror and don't share my quirky aversion to surprises, her packages look like a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  AH I hadn't seen that! No I will pass on Nightworms as long as hardcovers are shipped in bags. It's a shame because I liked the extras and other items in their Malermaniacs box. Really was a well-thought out package. And if you go to their YouTube channel, it's amazing! They know how to launch a channel! But my signed Inspection was beat to hell.

I decided to get a signed first edition from VJ Books and pay extra to have it shipped in a box. You can get yours here: https://www.vjbooks.com/malorie-josh.../malmalo01.htm

I also have a lettered edition on order from DRP to match my lettered Bird Box. And an unsigned edition (reading copy) from Amazon. So I AM COVERED.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post

Cap
                    That's wonderful! Congrats!

Comment

I didn't think DRP had announced, or accepted orders, for this title yet. Maybe just for the lettered?

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

AH I hadn't seen that! No I will pass on Nightworms as long as hardcovers are shipped in bags. It's a shame because I liked the extras and other items in their Malermaniacs box. Really was a well-thought out package. And if you go to their YouTube channel, it's amazing! They know how to launch a channel! But my signed Inspection was beat to hell.

I decided to get a signed first edition from VJ Books and pay extra to have it shipped in a box. You can get yours here: https://www.vjbooks.com/malorie-josh.../malmalo01.htm

I also have a lettered edition on order from DRP to match my lettered Bird Box. And an unsigned edition (reading copy) from Amazon. So I AM COVERED.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                        I don't really read indie horror nor do I like surprises / inability to choose and vet my own selections, so subscription packages like this are just not of any interest to me. That said, Sadie is terrific, and I wish her all the best with her business...for those who enjoy indie horror and don't share my quirky aversion to surprises, her packages look like a lot of fun.
                        Yes Sadie is amazing to deal with. I like the mix of indie horror and mainstream horror they put out. I have been fortunate and have not had any issues with books coming damaged.

Comment

I am just the opposite. I have been introduced to many great authors from grab bags and while it lasted, The Nocturnal Reader's box.

Comment

Mindy Rocks!

Comment

858FFA02-A8EE-4F55-8493-4F9752081AFF.jpeg

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Working...