Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    This is the second one I have had wander off lately. Update. FedEx has handed the package off to USPS and the delivery date is once again the 26th.
    I've seen FedEx delay packages to arrive on the original scheduled delivery date in the event it got somewhere sooner. It's frustrating to see something arrive early, but then only see it sit at the local hub and not be delivered until the original date.

Also, you said your FedEx was passed to USPS - Smartpost or whatever? All delivery estimates go out the window when that happens. Using USPS for the last mile (especially for residential deliveries) adds a whole other wrinkle to delivery estimates.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      It's a dangerous slip on my part. I need to stay focused on books! And I'm glad you weren't a jackass like me and you ordered more than one.
      If not for you saying that you wished you bought more than one J probably would have just bought the one. I love bookmarks. I have a huge collection and this is a very cool and unique one. I also purchased the King collecting first editions book. Only 5.95 plus a sticker.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
        I've seen FedEx delay packages to arrive on the original scheduled delivery date in the event it got somewhere sooner. It's frustrating to see something arrive early, but then only see it sit at the local hub and not be delivered until the original date.

Also, you said your FedEx was passed to USPS - Smartpost or whatever? All delivery estimates go out the window when that happens. Using USPS for the last mile (especially for residential deliveries) adds a whole other wrinkle to delivery estimates.
        USPS in this case is about the last 175 miles. Funny thing is I received notification from USPS that I will have it today. Regarding Smartpost the third and final FedEx facility in Kent was listed as FedEx Smartpost when the previous had just said FedEx Facility. After I saw it was handed off to USPS I looked up Smartpost and saw that is handles those transactions. Glad it is with USPS and hope it was not damaged with the multiple loading. unloading stops.
        Last edited by Martin; 05-23-2020, 05:20 PM.

Comment

USPS in this case is about the last 175 miles. Funny thing is I received notification from USPS that I will have it today. Regarding Smartpost the third and final FedEx facility in Kent was listed as FedEx Smartpost when the previous had just said FedEx Facility. After I saw it was handed off to USPS I looked up Smartpost and saw that is handles those transactions. Glad it is with USPS and hope it was not damaged with the multiple loading/.unloading stops/
          It's truly amazing to me that anything shows up at times.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
            So thanks to Jeff's latest in boxing video I now have on order 2 bookmarks and a book.
            Very cool and 2 more bookmarks ordered thanks to Jeff’s video. I just couldn’t pass up the chance to stare at Mr. King every time I’m reading one of his books.

Comment

USPS in this case is about the last 175 miles. Funny thing is I received notification from USPS that I will have it today. Regarding Smartpost the third and final FedEx facility in Kent was listed as FedEx Smartpost when the previous had just said FedEx Facility. After I saw it was handed off to USPS I looked up Smartpost and saw that is handles those transactions. Glad it is with USPS and hope it was not damaged with the multiple loading. unloading stops.
              I’ve had issues recently with Fed Ex also where there’s a delivery date and ultimately that day passes and it becomes pending. Eventually it usually shows up a day or two later so nothing near as bad as your issues so it’s likely a regional problem. I’m really lucky to have a great local USPS office as I’ve rarely had an issue and my regular carrier takes extra care with packages especially when the weather is bad. So I really don’t mind when things are delivered USPS even though it could take a day or two longer but I sometimes feel bad when I have packages delivered days in a row and I don’t give them a break getting out of their truck.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStegs View Post
                I’ve had issues recently with Fed Ex also where there’s a delivery date and ultimately that day passes and it becomes pending. Eventually it usually shows up a day or two later so nothing near as bad as your issues so it’s likely a regional problem. I’m really lucky to have a great local USPS office as I’ve rarely had an issue and my regular carrier takes extra care with packages especially when the weather is bad. So I really don’t mind when things are delivered USPS even though it could take a day or two longer but I sometimes feel bad when I have packages delivered days in a row and I don’t give them a break getting out of their truck.
                My local USPS service is fantastic. I have had a few packages take the scenic route to me but once they reach my local post office I receive the item the next delivery day. Regarding Jeff's new bookmark. I actually ordered this a few days ago and never thought to mention them here. I am not on Facebook and found them when I went to look at Mr. Kane's photo cards. And by the way, his guide to King first editions is a bargain at $5.95.

The mailman brought my wayward package to my door and it has arrived. Unfortunately I must wait until August for the other half of this order.

Here is the site to order the bookmark or King guide:
                https://lightbox-photography-cards.m...ollections/all

Comment

Be kind. Be happy. And do your best to make others smile today. And of course, enjoy a good book!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStegs View Post
                    I'm waiting an expensive shipment today, and it's being delivered by UPS. One of the things I like about UPS is not only do they have a (usually reliable) time window for delivery, but they also have the Follow My Delivery live map function, so you can follow the little truck icon and see if that window will, in fact, be accurate. One does, though, have to resist the impulse to hop in one's car and track down the truck and demand your parcel under the auspices of "saving them the hassle."
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                      I'm waiting an expensive shipment today, and it's being delivered by UPS. One of the things I like about UPS is not only do they have a (usually reliable) time window for delivery, but they also have the Follow My Delivery live map function, so you can follow the little truck icon and see if that window will, in fact, be accurate. One does, though, have to resist the impulse to hop in one's car and track down the truck and demand your parcel under the auspices of "saving them the hassle."
                      Funny you should mention this. Today I have a package arriving via UPS. Since I am working from home I put the follow my delivery website up on a screen as I worked. Around 10:30 the status changed to "In your area" with a delivery estimate of between 10 and 1. At that point the truck showed that it was about a mile from me. For a while every time I glanced at the screen the truck was further from me. Then it came closer and passed by getting further away again. At 1:00 the estimated delivery changed by "by 9:00 PM". The truck has remained in the area driving the same roads repeatedly and is currently (6:30 PM) about 2 miles from me. I am guessing that if UPS would map their routes to reduce doubling back they could greatly reduce the expense of delivering the product. I am sure this truck has covered at least 50 miles all within about a 10 mile radius in the last 8 hours.

Comment

Funny you should mention this. Today I have a package arriving via UPS. Since I am working from home I put the follow my delivery website up on a screen as I worked. Around 10:30 the status changed to "In your area" with a delivery estimate of between 10 and 1. At that point the truck showed that it was about a mile from me. For a while every time I glanced at the screen the truck was further from me. Then it came closer and passed by getting further away again. At 1:00 the estimated delivery changed by "by 9:00 PM". The truck has remained in the area driving the same roads repeatedly and is currently (6:30 PM) about 2 miles from me. I am guessing that if UPS would map their routes to reduce doubling back they could greatly reduce the expense of delivering the product. I am sure this truck has covered at least 50 miles all within about a 10 mile radius in the last 8 hours.
                        Hopefully yours finally arrived. Mine was about 30 minutes past the latest point of the time window, but it did get here at last.
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Well they only make right hand turns . . .

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                            Hopefully yours finally arrived. Mine was about 30 minutes past the latest point of the time window, but it did get here at last.
                            It arrived a little after 8.

Comment

That's what I was going to say. I wonder how much time they added to each route by making that rule up?

Comment

I had never heard this before so I looked it up. Made for some fascinating reading and while I concede it may reduce accidents I am very skeptical that it saves fuel.

Comment

Working...
                                X