X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After reading about The Beetle book....

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    That's a really interesting read.
    Have you read The Beetle Mike? To me this is an attention grabbing book, I'm tempted to order a copy.

Thanks to you I am now looking at a second book I stumbled upon browsing the links from The Beetle's page.

I also keep finding myself looking at a third book that I ran across earlier this spring. I must have seen this book mentioned three or four times now. Does this mean I am supposed to give in and order it?

Thanks for trying to feed my book addiction. lol

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
      Have you read The Beetle Mike? To me this is an attention grabbing book, I'm tempted to order a copy.

Thanks to you I am now looking at a second book I stumbled upon browsing the links from The Beetle's page.

I also keep finding myself looking at a third book that I ran across earlier this spring. I must have seen this book mentioned three or four times now. Does this mean I am supposed to give in and order it?

Thanks for trying to feed my book addiction. lol

Cap
      If a book keeps calling to you.....you MUST obey the book.

Comment

Hhmmm….I guess I have to change my wife's name to book.

Comment

The third book that I keep running across has some appeal. I would most likely enjoy it, not sure. I note that it has gotten rave reviews for the most part.

Cap
          Last edited by c marvel; 04-18-2020, 11:32 PM.
          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
            Hhmmm….I guess I have to change my wife's name to book.
            . ..... I've been told on occasion by my wife that I might pay better attention to her if she was a book.

Comment

While no where near as Grand Ron's Centipede appearance, LOL, I did make it into the newsletter this week for sending a picture of my copy of the Hurricane Kids on the Lost islands. It did kind of make my Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                While no where near as Grand Ron's Centipede appearance, LOL, I did make it into the newsletter this week for sending a picture of my copy of the Hurricane Kids on the Lost islands. It did kind of make my Sunday!
                That was yours? Hey, congrats — very cool.

Speaking of my Collecting the Modern Macabre: Decades of Pursuing Books of Wickedness & Wonder feature, I’m a week or two away from submitting my new installment for the Winter 2020 isssue of Centipede’s Weird Fiction Review. Darn thing’s going to be even longer than last time, and has interviews with a bunch of familiar names...hope you all dig it.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Ron, Love your stuff and I'm glad you found such a great venue to feature your work!! Looking forward to it!!

Comment

Ron, Love your stuff and I'm glad you found such a great venue to feature your work!! Looking forward to it!!
                    Thanks, Mike. :-)

EDIT: Hey, btw, look at us...both of us joined this forum in Summer of 2011, and both of inching close to 2000 posts. Just a couple of Chatty Cathies.
                    Last edited by RonClinton; 04-19-2020, 02:32 PM.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                      That was yours? Hey, congrats — very cool.

Speaking of my Collecting the Modern Macabre: Decades of Pursuing Books of Wickedness & Wonder feature, I’m a week or two away from submitting my new installment for the Winter 2020 isssue of Centipede’s Weird Fiction Review. Darn thing’s going to be even longer than last time, and has interviews with a bunch of familiar names...hope you all dig it.
                      That's awesome! Congrats!

Comment

That is a cool cover. You should give the story a try though.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          That is a cool cover. You should give the story a try though.
                          I have flipped through it gently Martin, book the book is almost 70 years old and I don't want to risk the binding!!

Comment

I have flipped through it gently Martin, book the book is almost 70 years old and I don't want to risk the binding!!
                            I can understand that.

Comment

A while back, I found this show on Hulu called Making It. I guess it's a typical reality show with some celebrity hosts (Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman in this case) about contestants who have to craft things.

One of the contestants from Season Two - Eagan Tilghman - resonated with me for a variety of reasons, so he's one of the few people I elected to follow on Instagram.

The other day he posted some artwork he was doing where he made Goosebumps style covers for a couple of Stephen King books that I think turned out pretty well. (Full disclosure - I've never read Goosebumps - I must have just been old enough to miss that mania.)

Here's his ode to IT:
                              goosebumps_it.jpg
                              (Link to the IG post.)

And here's his take on Pet Sematary:
                              goosebumps_petsematary.jpg
                              (Link to the IG post.)

Funny thing I just found while researching how to spell Eagan's name right - he had a viral photo hit a few years ago where he dressed up his brother as Pennywise:
                              clown-child-photoshoot-movie-it-pennywise-eagan-tilghman-19.jpg
                              (Here's a link to the Bored Panda article.)

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                                A while back, I found this show on Hulu called Making It. I guess it's a typical reality show with some celebrity hosts (Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman in this case) about contestants who have to craft things.

One of the contestants from Season Two - Eagan Tilghman - resonated with me for a variety of reasons, so he's one of the few people I elected to follow on Instagram.

The other day he posted some artwork he was doing where he made Goosebumps style covers for a couple of Stephen King books that I think turned out pretty well. (Full disclosure - I've never read Goosebumps - I must have just been old enough to miss that mania.)

Here's his ode to IT:
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]22117[/ATTACH]
                                (Link to the IG post.)

And here's his take on Pet Sematary:
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]22118[/ATTACH]
                                (Link to the IG post.)

Funny thing I just found while researching how to spell Eagan's name right - he had a viral photo hit a few years ago where he dressed up his brother as Pennywise:
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]22119[/ATTACH]
                                (Here's a link to the Bored Panda article.)
                                Hahaha....the IT cover would make a great April Fool's joke for die hard collectors. They would drive for miles trying to locate one.

Great stuff.

Mulleins
                                I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

Working...
                                X