Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    At the rate you are going the Locust swarms can't be far off. Take care of yourself!
    Oh my God, Martin, I would give you Rep for that but I have to spread it around first. First smile I've cracked all day. I'm also dealing with a sinus infection so yes, it does feel like something up (or down) there is trying to destroy me!

And Ben and everyone that expressed concern, thank you, means a lot. It's still raining and there was indeed tornadoes (although this is not determined until the tornado people come and inspect the area to make sure one or more touched down) and flooding in areas very close to me but seems to have simmered down, at least for the day.....

And we do have enormous crickets here being a subtropical climate. When the summer hits, it's bug city, flying roaches and everything, UGH!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
      Oh my God, Martin, I would give you Rep for that but I have to spread it around first. First smile I've cracked all day. I'm also dealing with a sinus infection so yes, it does feel like something up (or down) there is trying to destroy me!

And Ben and everyone that expressed concern, thank you, means a lot. It's still raining and there was indeed tornadoes (although this is not determined until the tornado people come and inspect the area to make sure one or more touched down) and flooding in areas very close to me but seems to have simmered down, at least for the day.....

And we do have enormous crickets here being a subtropical climate. When the summer hits, it's bug city, flying roaches and everything, UGH!
      Keep smilin' and take care.

Comment

John Lennon supposedly once said this was the best song he ever heard. Don't know if that's true but I certainly can't stand the rain today!

Comment

This is a great resource for anyone interested in crime fiction/mysteries, yes there is a difference LOL!!!
          https://crimereads.com/7-great-myste..._nYsU2flfxjeyk

Comment

Received my shipping notice for City of Mirrors. Woot. Ordered in June of 2016. Excited to see this one come to reality and complete my set.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
              Received my shipping notice for City of Mirrors. Woot. Ordered in June of 2016. Excited to see this one come to reality and complete my set.
              Got my notice too. Hope they consider a slipcase for all three volumes. I vaguely remember Brian saying something about that some years ago.

Comment

Today I picked up a copy of American Dirt that I ordered from the local indy bookstore in Oakhurst, CA. I promptly ordered a second book I'd read about that is due out in a week or so.

Cap
                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                  Today I picked up a copy of American Dirt that I ordered from the local indy bookstore in Oakhurst, CA. I promptly ordered a second book I'd read about that is due out in a week or so.

Cap
                  I received a surprise signed copy of American Dirt from Alabama Booksmith as part of their Signed First Editions Club. I haven't read it yet but I am eager to. Lots of controversy surrounding this one, some of it warranted and some of it not, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                    I received a surprise signed copy of American Dirt from Alabama Booksmith as part of their Signed First Editions Club. I haven't read it yet but I am eager to. Lots of controversy surrounding this one, some of it warranted and some of it not, in my opinion.
                    I know there is controversy about American Dirt. I looked for American Dirt controversy today on Google and to be blunt I'm still unclear why this book is considered controversial. ~Cap

Comment

I just googled this as well and don't really get it either. It's a work of fiction...

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                      I know there is controversy about American Dirt. I looked for American Dirt controversy today on Google and to be blunt I'm still unclear why this book is considered controversial. ~Cap
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                        I just googled this as well and don't really get it either. It's a work of fiction...
                        I found a link that somewhat explains it, I now can not locate this link. It's hard for me to properly explain the controversy, I think I understand part of it. ~Cap

Comment

Yeah, not interested.....

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                            Yeah, not interested.....
                            Your comment is rather vague.... ~Cap

Comment

Had another fantastic customer service interaction with Mindy and the great folks at CD! Any time I've had a question or concern they graciously rise to the occasion. Thanks again Guys!
                              Mike

Comment

Was at a book signing for one of my favorite authors last night. CD has previously published a few books by this author. At the end of the event, I was lucky enough to get to chat with him for a bit and happened to ask if he has anything coming out on the limited edition side of things. He told me that he has 3 books contracted with CD and even showed me some of the art on his phone which looks amazing. Needless to say, I am super excited and will be ordering all 3 books when announced. Am being vague as to the author as I figured it would be uncool to leak info that I don't believe has been officially announced by CD yet. That being said, I just had to vent my excitement somewhere and figured this would be a good place.

Comment

Working...
                                X