No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say coke when referring to cola types of pop alot. Well pretty well any cola thats not Pepsi. I'm a pepsi drinker, and would rather drink any imitation brand over actual coca-cola. I HATE coca-cola. blaghhh. unless its fountain pop because fountain coke tastes like regular cola and does't have that "different" taste you get from a bottle of coke

Comment

And I hate Pepsi. At restaurants when I ask for a coke and the waiter responds "is Pepsi ok?" I want to say no, if I wanted a Pepsi I would ask for it but I'm not an ass so I politely ask for something else.

Comment

I grew up in western Kansas and we called it "pop". I always thought it was called that because "soda" was the nick name of one of my friends. "Soda" Homberg--I don't hink I knew his first name was Aaron until I got into high school.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

That reminds me of the outsiders. The only non king book I have read so far and liked. Keep in mind the only non king books I have read, I was forced you read in high school.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
            And I hate Pepsi. At restaurants when I ask for a coke and the waiter responds "is Pepsi ok?" I want to say no, if I wanted a Pepsi I would ask for it but I'm not an ass so I politely ask for something else.
            They only ask because most people ask for Coke for any cola. Almost every restaurant has an exclusive use of Coca-Cola products or Pepsico products. It's funny, they'll correct Pepsi for Coke, but ignore the difference for Sprite/Sierra Mist.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I always ask for pepsi and they ask if cokes ok. I just give a lil disapointed, "yea" and drink it anyway because with fountain pop they pretty well taste the same

Comment

No offense to anyone that says "pop" but the term pop makes me want to pop someone... lol. Not entirely sure why though.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Lol. I can't help but say it. I've only ever heard it called anything else on tv. Although I think the new phillipino people taking over all our fast food jobs might say it now that I think about it. Usually they just say coke? though and I say, "yes", unfortunately.

Comment

I have no idea where my dislike for the term "pop" comes from...
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Your hate for Canadians

Comment

Or hillbillies. My kinfolk in the hills have always called it pop.
                        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Well don't you know Terry? Us Canadians ARE hillbillies

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                            They only ask because most people ask for Coke for any cola. Almost every restaurant has an exclusive use of Coca-Cola products or Pepsico products. It's funny, they'll correct Pepsi for Coke, but ignore the difference for Sprite/Sierra Mist.
                            It's worse when they don't ask. Nothing like expecting a nice cold Coke only to get a mouth full of Pepsi.

Comment

"I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                                X