Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
    Just lost 20 minutes of reding time cuz my ereader got stuck in demo mode.
    Another reason Ereaders are awesome? I'd NEVER eat Doritos(or anything) while reading an actual book...
    Another reason to not get into the ereader thing is that there isn't a demo mode to get stuck in. Not that I needed another reason not to get into it, but still lol.

I eat and drink some things while reading actual books (though not messy stuff like Doritos, of course), except for the limited edition signed stuff. I don't think I'd want to ear Doritos while using an ereader either.

That being said, if I received something like a Kindle as a gift I would use it, though I'm not sure how much. I do read some eBooks on my Android phone, but only free stuff right now since it is not my preferred method
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

Recently it was announced that Barbra Streisand has two concerts coming up in Brooklyn, NYC, in a couple of months. Before I could count to ten, the tickets were practically sold out. There are some seats left, but too far from the stage. Now I´ve got a decision to make± book a flight plus hotel first )like, this coming Saturrday' and worry about a ticket later. or, make sure I´ve got a good seat and then get my flight plus hotel. Now the thing is, I´ll most likely be able to get a reasonable/good seat on the day of the concert, right at the box office, but you never know of course...
      Decisions, decisions...

sk

Comment

Just for the record, 14 hours driving, with another 7 hours as a passenger, and only about 5-6 hours of sleep a night, 2 days of solid non stop walking, and a bar crawl, across 5 days / nights is probably not the best thing in the world for you..... lol
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Sounds like the plot of The Sure Thing with John Cusak. So was she worth it, Dan?
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
            Sounds like the plot of The Sure Thing with John Cusak. So was she worth it, Dan?
            Oh it was a great time, and I miss the friends I was visiting already, but I am utterly beat.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Negative. That's for old folks like me and the other middle agers on the forum. You young bucks aren't allowed to be tired!
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I'm always tired. Its very much allowed but so so sad all the same

Comment

It's way to god damn quiet around here

Comment

So...jump around and scream words of joy at no one in particular! That should liven things up.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Kinda what I just did only minus the words of joy part. lol

Comment

May as well share something then...

You know you're Canadian when...
                        You stand in "line-ups" at the movie, not lines. (do you guys not say line-ups? I thought this was normal. Although I hear lines more often though.)

You're not offended by the term "Homo Milk". (we call it whole milk here though its technically homo)

You understand the sentence, "Could you please pass me a serviette, I just spilled my poutine."

You eat chocolate bars instead of candy bars.

You drink pop, not soda.

You know what it means to be on pogey.

You know that a mickey and 2-4's mean "Party at the camp, eh!"

You can drink legally while still a teen.

You talk about the weather with strangers and friends alike.

You don't know or care about the fuss with Cuba, it's just a cheap place to travel with good cigars and no Americans. (hehe)

When there is a social problem, you turn to your government to fix it instead of telling them to stay out of it.

You're not sure if the leader of your nation has EVER had sex and you really don't want to know if he has!

You get milk in bags as well as cartons and plastic jugs.

Pike is a type of fish, not some part of a highway.

You drive on a highway, not a freeway.

You know what a Robertson screwdriver is.

You have Canadian Tire money in your kitchen drawers. (Canadian tire just switched to points cards but they're still $ amounts not points and you get more than any other points card I have seen, even more than CT money cuz my points card now has over $5 on it since about march and I had only $4.90 in CT money after a year of getting gas there)

You know that Thrills are something to chew and "taste like soap." (WHAT THE FUDGE ARE THRILLS? Does this mean I'm not Canadian)

You know that Mounties "don't always look like that."

You dismiss all beers under 6% as "for children and the elderly." (I dismiss all Beers as just plain disgusting)

You know that the Friendly Giant isn't a vegetable product line.

You know that Casey and Finnegan are not a Celtic musical group. (Sure, But who the hell are they?)

You participated in "Participaction." (I sure didn't, but I know what it is. Participate was not something I did and only read the word on my report card when the bitch of a gym teacher wrote "Does not participate")

You have an Inuit carving by your bedside with the rationale, "What's good enough protection for the Prime Minister is good enough for me." (umm no I don't, who is this prime minister? I'll vote against him)

You wonder why there isn't a 5 dollar coin yet. (No I don't, theres to many god damn coins now. Although I am wondering why our money is now made of plastic? Also, SO LONG PENNIES!!!!! )

Unlike any international assasin/terrorist/spy in the world, you don't possess a Canadian passport. (I really don't)

You use a red pen on your non-Canadian textbooks and fill in the missing 'u's from labor, honor, and color. (nope, wrong again stupid thing I found online. I spell Color, COLOR I spell Honor, HONOR and well you got me on Labour. And TheatRE and FibRE.)

You know the French equivalents of "free", "prize", and "no sugar added", thanks to your extensive education in bilingual cereal packaging. (I sat here for 5 minutes thinking about this and No I do not. I feel like I SHOULD know Free though. But I dont. and what kind of Cereal says "No sugar added" lol)

You are excited whenever an American television show mentions Canada. (Nope, wrong again. I wait for the unfunny joke instead, the one that uses the word EH completely wrong or isn't funny just because its not true.)

You make a mental note to talk about it at work the next day.

You can do all the hand actions to Sharon, Lois and Bram's "Skin-a-ma-rinky-dinky-doo" opus. (I can't, but I can sing you the song..)

You can eat more than one maple sugar candy without feeling nauseous. (I HATE MAPLE! Unless its syrup, my ONLY exception)

You were mad when "The Beachcombers" were taken off the air. (Was I born yet?)

You know what a toque is. (I do but I didnt until like 5 years ago)

You have some memento of Doug and Bob. (who?)

You know Toronto is not a province. (WHAT? ITS NOT?!?!?!)

You never miss "Coaches Corner."

Back bacon and Kraft Dinner are two of your favorites food groups. (Is back bacon just Bacon? lol. either way I love both and just realized they might be good TOGETHER(New exception to the Bacon with Weird stuff rule)! I miss KD )

Comment

You know your a Maritimer when... (A martimer is someone from Nova scotia, New Brunswik, PEI, or Newfoundland/Labrador if you don't know)

1. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor..on the highway. (Correct)

2."Vacation" means going to Moncton for the weekend. (Actually if your from Cape Breton its Halifax)

3. You measure distance in hours. (Told yas)

4. You know several people who have hit a deer. (That I do but mostly the deer hits you. No Joke. You can be driving down the road/highway and they run right into the side of your car. I also know of one or two people who took the opportunity to tie it to the roof and call it dinner for the next few months)

5. You often switch from "Heat" to "A/C" in the same day. (Many, Many times)

6. You use a down filled comforter in the summer. (Nope, its too humid for that. I near died yesterday cuz its was 20 degrees out. lol)

7. You can drive 100 km through 13 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching. (Thats an exaggeration but still quite true if you ignore the 13 feet. ...Raging blizzard...yea. )

8. You see people wearing hunting clothes at social events. (Yep)

9. You install security lights on both your house and garage and go and leave both unlocked. (Not me but I know people and those damn lights turn on if the wind blows)

10. You think of the major food groups as: Meat, Fish and Tim Hortons. (Nope. Meat, Potatoes, McDonalds)

11. You carry jumper cables in your car and your wife knows how to use them. (I dont, but I know how to use them...would help if I had a set though)

12. There are seven empty cars running in the parking lot of the Canadian Tire store at any given time. (Maybe 2)

13. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit. (No kids but I remember my mom doing this)

14. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow. (For sure)

15. Your lingerie consists of tube socks and flannel pajamas. (maybe some..lol)

16. You know all 4 seasons: Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter and Construction. (No its Winter, Winter, Wet, Construction)

17. It takes three hours to go to the store for one item, even when you're in a hurry because you have to stop and talk to everybody in town. (Nope, back when I lived it Marion Bridge this was true because the neighbour worked at the one store.)

Comment

May as well share something then...

You know you're Canadian when...
                            You stand in "line-ups" at the movie, not lines. (do you guys not say line-ups? I thought this was normal. Although I hear lines more often though.) Line ups in the us are what arrested people have to stand in while they are identified by the victim

You're not offended by the term "Homo Milk". (we call it whole milk here though its technically homo)

You understand the sentence, "Could you please pass me a serviette, I just spilled my poutine." Huh?

You eat chocolate bars instead of candy bars. are all candy bars called chocolate bars?

You drink pop, not soda. I say pop. I grew up in Chicago and thats what everyone said

You know what it means to be on pogey. no idea what a pogey is

You know that a mickey and 2-4's mean "Party at the camp, eh!"

You can drink legally while still a teen. if only

You talk about the weather with strangers and friends alike.

You don't know or care about the fuss with Cuba, it's just a cheap place to travel with good cigars and no Americans. (hehe) dont really care either.

Unlike any international assasin/terrorist/spy in the world, you don't possess a Canadian passport. (I really don't) Why not?
                            Last edited by Joe315; 05-24-2012, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Line-ups are ALSO used for victims. we use it for both.

Serviette is a napkin(french), poutine is french fries with mozarella and gravy but you can get "fancy" ones too like donair poutine, hamburger poutin, ect.

We Don't call anything a candy bar. the only bars I know of are covered in chocolate, so are chocolate bars.

I've heard alot of americans saying pop recently. I find it really weird when I hear POP on tv. I'm like WTF, is this a canadian movie/show. lol. I notice it immediately though you'd think I wouldnt because its normal. But any time I hear stuff like that on TV i pick it up because its not normal for tv.

Pogey is unemployment.

I don't know about others but I don't have a passport simply because I have never needed one and they are not cheap. Won't get one til I plan to use it.

Comment

Using pop seems pretty regional. Some people say soda or soda pop. I know someone who says coke to refer to all pop which would confuse the hell out of me.

Comment

Working...
                                X