Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian861
    replied
    Congrats on your retirement, Mike! Best wishes moving forward.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Bowling Pin A.jpg Turn out the lights the party's over, let the wild rumpus begin! Today is my first day of retirement, 41 years as a Librarian, 33 years at Henrico County Public Library. What a long, strange, wonderful trip it has been!!
    Last edited by mhatchett; 10-31-2022, 05:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I just saw this over on the collectors forum and wanted to share it here. RIP Ned Dameron. One of the best and you will be missed.

https://locusmag.com/2022/10/ned-dameron-1943-2022/

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I think I would just call these fold-outs. I don't really know if there is a correct name or not. I'd be interested to hear from others as well.

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    What do you call books with flaps like these. The two books I have are Heather, The Totality by Matthew Weiner and The Strange Library by Haruki Murakami. I tried searching with various terms and had no results so I am now posting here for an answer.

Cap

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    What do you call books with flaps like these. The two books I have are Heather, The Totality by Matthew Weiner and The Strange Library by Haruki Murakami. I tried searching with various terms and had no results so I am now posting here for an answer.

Cap
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Anyone else tired of Superhero/Comic Book movies? I'm seeing commercials for Black Adam and it's not doing anything for me. As a sub genre to action films they may be fine but I greatly miss dialogue, story, and semblance of reality in my movies.

I feel like these style of movies have turned straight into CGI fests with little beyond them. Watching the commercial it's like watching a video game with actors faces stuck unto the characters.
    Yeah, I almost fell asleep watching some CGI movie that was nothing but explosions, chases, more explosions...I need a story, not a video game.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Anyone else tired of Superhero/Comic Book movies? I'm seeing commercials for Black Adam and it's not doing anything for me. As a sub genre to action films they may be fine but I greatly miss dialogue, story, and semblance of reality in my movies.

I feel like these style of movies have turned straight into CGI fests with little beyond them. Watching the commercial it's like watching a video game with actors faces stuck unto the characters.
    Last edited by Ben Staad; 10-21-2022, 06:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mulleins
    replied
    Very cool. Thank you.

I appreciate the assist. I was having such a hard time finding something like this. It appears to be exactly what I am looking for.

Very cool indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Very cool. Thank you.

I appreciate the assist. I was having such a hard time finding something like this. It appears to be exactly what I am looking for.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

Yes, you can get bluetooth transmitters that plug into headphone jacks and will send bluetooth signals to your speakers.

See here: https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Tra...Q%3D%3D&sr=8-6

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Is there a device which can plug into the headphone jack of a stereo and send a bluetooth signal to a bluetooth speaker? I'm looking and a bit confused if this is a thing.

I have an older stereo in the house and would love to broadcast what I'm playing inside to the porch with a wireless setup.
    Yes, you can get bluetooth transmitters that plug into headphone jacks and will send bluetooth signals to your speakers.

See here: https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Tra...Q%3D%3D&sr=8-6

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Understood. Likely will be easier to just buy a new stereo.

Thanks for the reply.

Originally posted by mulleins View Post
    Ahhhhh....I misread.

I have wired speakers on my porch and use this to play music from my devices via bluetooth, not broadcast to bluetooth. Again, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• mulleins
    replied
    Ahhhhh....I misread.

I have wired speakers on my porch and use this to play music from my devices via bluetooth, not broadcast to bluetooth. Again, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    See. I am still confused. I really don't understand this stuff so I apologize if I'm being obtuse.

I would like to play a CD from my old stereo, have a device connected to said stereo which will broadcast wireless, and have a bluetooth speaker paired to my stereo with said wireless broadcasting device.

This will do this?

To clarify I don't want to broadcast from a device (phone, tablet, etc.) and have it play on my stereo. It's the other way around.

Originally posted by mulleins View Post

Leave a comment:

• mulleins
    replied
    Is there a device which can plug into the headphone jack of a stereo and send a bluetooth signal to a bluetooth speaker? I'm looking and a bit confused if this is a thing.

I have an older stereo in the house and would love to broadcast what I'm playing inside to the porch with a wireless setup.
    This is what I use:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mulleins

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X