Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    Normally, I probably wouldn't post about this topic in a message board forum. I knew I'd lost some weight, I did not realize I'd lost 13-14 lbs. Now I'm too darn skinny. I was at my ideal weight or maybe 2 lbs over and than..... I don't know much about the weight loss yet beyond the fact I lost weight. A separate issue -- I have been told I need a minor surgery. I suspected what the problem was before being told by a surgeon and I was correct. So, I AM okay. I'm also trying to shed (sell ) books as everyone knows.

    Cap
    Glad you're ok, Steve.

    Comment


      Originally posted by c marvel View Post
      Normally, I probably wouldn't post about this topic in a message board forum. I knew I'd lost some weight, I did not realize I'd lost 13-14 lbs. Now I'm too darn skinny. I was at my ideal weight or maybe 2 lbs over and than..... I don't know much about the weight loss yet beyond the fact I lost weight. A separate issue -- I have been told I need a minor surgery. I suspected what the problem was before being told by a surgeon and I was correct. So, I AM okay. I'm also trying to shed (sell ) books as everyone knows.

      Cap
      I hope everything is taken care of without too much disruption to your life. Take care.

      Comment


        Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        Hey all, Iím in a legal battle with my homeowners insurance and the service provider who committed outright fraud against me. Iíve detailed the whole sorry saga on my dormant blog and I might have to remove these posts when I reach a deal. But until then Iíd love if anyone felt moved to share this post anywhere on social media. Any platform. As long as it draws the views and awareness to the insane stuff these people can get away with.
        http://jeffandjillwentupthehill.com/...he-wreckoning/

        If you donít want to share, thatís ok. I still love you.
        Dang, Jeff. That story is brutal. Sorry that all of that happened. I hope things get better. You deserve some good luck to go your way.

        Comment


          Originally posted by c marvel View Post
          Normally, I probably wouldn't post about this topic in a message board forum. I knew I'd lost some weight, I did not realize I'd lost 13-14 lbs. Now I'm too darn skinny. I was at my ideal weight or maybe 2 lbs over and than..... I don't know much about the weight loss yet beyond the fact I lost weight. A separate issue -- I have been told I need a minor surgery. I suspected what the problem was before being told by a surgeon and I was correct. So, I AM okay. I'm also trying to shed (sell ) books as everyone knows.

          Cap
          Hope everything goes okay!

          Comment


            Originally posted by c marvel View Post
            Normally, I probably wouldn't post about this topic in a message board forum. I knew I'd lost some weight, I did not realize I'd lost 13-14 lbs. Now I'm too darn skinny. I was at my ideal weight or maybe 2 lbs over and than..... I don't know much about the weight loss yet beyond the fact I lost weight. A separate issue -- I have been told I need a minor surgery. I suspected what the problem was before being told by a surgeon and I was correct. So, I AM okay. I'm also trying to shed (sell ) books as everyone knows.

            Cap
            I'm glad you're ok. Unexpected weight loss must have been scary. The mind goes to dark places immediately.

            I always check your auctions because I know you take care of your books and you ship securely!

            Comment


              Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
              I read through parts I & II after working this morning and this statement had me rolling!: I watched in awe as Derek achieved a state of Pure Purple Nirvana. He communed with the spirits of Prince, Grimace, and countless squashed concord grapes. For a moment, I thought he’d erupt in a fountain of lavender lava and we’d get a new, perhaps even less competent, crew boss.

              Not to make light of your situation at all but that's best selling New York Times list shit there, brother! I also found your write-up on unschooling extremely interesting. I absolutely dreaded and hated school. So much so that I never made an attempt to attend anything school like after high school. Unschooling would have been a great fit for me I feel looking back. Are you still doing this for the kids?
              Hahaha thanks for reading and enjoying. I tried to make it as entertaining as possible which was tough when I'm as pissed as I am and trying to document the insanity as succinctly as possible.

              As far as unschooling goes, yeah we're still on that path. The kids still love to learn.

              Comment


                Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                As I mentioned on Twitter, Jeff, I sure hope you can put this behind you quickly. Although if it’s now gone to a lawsuit, that’s probably not in the cards…hope it wraps up as soon as it possibly can, and good luck!

                Thanks again. And it hasn't gone to a lawsuit. I should be done in my dealings with ServPro shortly. Hopefully this week.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                  @Jeff. I am truly sorry for the struggle and hardships you have gone through. It is not fair or right. I wish you the best.

                  Thank you! It's been hard but I know it's only for a short time longer and there are people dealing with much harder shit and they're doing it with more grace than me. I try to maintain perspective and stay grateful for the good things in my life.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                    Dang, Jeff. That story is brutal. Sorry that all of that happened. I hope things get better. You deserve some good luck to go your way.

                    Well, I have had some spots of good luck and all of them have been within the book collecting community. And this shit show should be heading out of town shortly.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                      Hahaha thanks for reading and enjoying. I tried to make it as entertaining as possible which was tough when I'm as pissed as I am and trying to document the insanity as succinctly as possible.

                      As far as unschooling goes, yeah we're still on that path. The kids still love to learn.
                      Awesome!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                        Thanks again. And it hasn't gone to a lawsuit. I should be done in my dealings with ServPro shortly. Hopefully this week.
                        I sincerely hope the fact you have pulled the blog posts is indicative of a satisfactory conclusion to this mess!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          I sincerely hope the fact you have pulled the blog posts is indicative of a satisfactory conclusion to this mess!
                          Thanks for the well wishes and the support!

                          Removing the posts is a good faith measure on my part to get a conclusion to the mess. Satisfactory left the country months ago and was last spotted bleeding out in a Turkish alley. So I have no expectations of enjoying the conclusion. It's remarkable to me how much these guys were able to get away with.

                          Comment


                            I don't remember what thread it's on over at TDT.org but srboome (Terry) had a company that screwed with him as well. He ended renting a billboard and driving around with a big ass sign in his truck bed. I hope you never have to escalate to that point.

                            Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                            Thanks for the well wishes and the support!

                            Removing the posts is a good faith measure on my part to get a conclusion to the mess. Satisfactory left the country months ago and was last spotted bleeding out in a Turkish alley. So I have no expectations of enjoying the conclusion. It's remarkable to me how much these guys were able to get away with.
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                              I don't remember what thread it's on over at TDT.org but srboome (Terry) had a company that screwed with him as well. He ended renting a billboard and driving around with a big ass sign in his truck bed. I hope you never have to escalate to that point.
                              I was almost at that point. I did all my posting on digital media and it actually forced a resolution. I got better results than hiring a lawyer. Though I probably should have hired a better lawyer.

                              Comment


                                Is that possible?

                                Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                                Though I probably should have hired a better lawyer.
                                Looking for the fonting of youth.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X