Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taost33 View Post
    Try not to let it cut into your book budget.
    Wiser words have rarely been spoken.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I'm going with the Harmonica, super annoying and portable lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
        I'm going with the Harmonica, super annoying and portable lol!!
        Let me know when you’re practiced and ready to go…we’ll jam to the Biblio-buyer’s Blues...

Comment

Oh, the Humanity lol!

Comment

Bronchitis. Yuck.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I will bring the jug and washboard.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              Let me know when you’re practiced and ready to go…we’ll jam to the Biblio-buyer’s Blues...

Comment

Feel better, washboards rock lol!!!

Comment

Thanks and "Yes" they do. Still feel fairly awful but trying to stay out of the grave.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                  Feel better, washboards rock lol!!!

Comment

Bad day yesterday. After months away from being with CNN 35 years they sent an e mail out informing those of us with ten yrs with company and 55 years or older for “voluntary” buy out. Do not have to do this but the caveat being that if you do not take this and there are lay offs any offer could be less.

With a daughter in sixth grade and stay at home mom needless to write not a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by Jargendeli View Post
                      Bad day yesterday. After months away from being with CNN 35 years they sent an e mail out informing those of us with ten yrs with company and 55 years or older for “voluntary” buy out. Do not have to do this but the caveat being that if you do not take this and there are lay offs any offer could be less.

With a daughter in sixth grade and stay at home mom needless to write not a good day.
                      Sorry to hear that. My employer has done 'early retirements' at times but I think they gave up doing so in recent years so now just off-shores and lays off.

Comment

Tough news and sorry to hear this. I wish you the best in a tough situation. I have been through two company lay-offs in my life and they are never easy.

Comment

I work in the public sector, but we've been through this once, since I've worked here almost 30 years. The buy out offer was weird and involved some health care credit plan. Some of my friends took it, but others rode it out. I hope things work out for you. Double check all of your options.

Comment

Best of luck to you. Like Mike said; be sure to read all the fine print in that offer. I was "involuntarily" laid off for a year back in 2015. It wasn't pleasant.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Hope things start looking up very soon.

Comment

Really sorry to hear that, Jim…I hope things work out well for you and your family.

Comment

Working...
                                X