Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    It can't get much more random than this, I think I put something extra in my coffee this morning. Sometimes I feel like an Old Dragon, reclining, not on a hoard of gold, but of books, thousands and thousands of books. And they tell me all their secrets.....I know, I know, at least part of that is true LOL!!!
    I have that same fantasy! Only in mine, Leia is there in a gold bikini of her own free will.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      I have that same fantasy! Only in mine, Leia is there in a gold bikini of her own free will.
      I knew someone would twist it HAHAH!

Comment

I knew someone would twist it HAHAH!
        Leave it to Jeff lol. Although it does intrigue me....

Comment

So today I was defeated by a shower door. I had that rare day off and decided to replace the door to our shower. 6 hours later a simple project that should have taken 2 hours has turned into a catastrophic failure. We now have a shower curtain hanging while I retrace my steps and see how I could have gotten myself into this mess. Next day off I'm not doing any home improvement projects.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
            So today I was defeated by a shower door. I had that rare day off and decided to replace the door to our shower. 6 hours later a simple project that should have taken 2 hours has turned into a catastrophic failure. We now have a shower curtain hanging while I retrace my steps and see how I could have gotten myself into this mess. Next day off I'm not doing any home improvement projects.
            Sounds like how my projects turn out. Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              Hope it goes smooth on the retry. I spent the day working outside. Good news is, the pool is open. Bad news is, the water is 55 degrees!

Comment

Thanks it did go better this morning. And I celebrated by ordering Blood In The Gears from SST. Complete with a matching number for Cosmic Interruptions and with a 15% off coupon.

Comment

I replaced a dryer belt and you guessed it, the dryer still didn't work LOL!! Heading to Home Depot to spend, what should be book money, on a new dryer. I can't complain, we got about 15 years out of it. Happy Sunday LOL!!

Comment

I replaced a dryer belt and you guessed it, the dryer still didn't work LOL!! Heading to Home Depot to spend, what should be book money, on a new dryer. I can't complain, we got about 15 years out of it. Happy Sunday LOL!!
                    That's a good run. We got 20+ out of ours before it bit the dust. Salesman told me with the new one to not except that. I guess you're lucky to get 10 years out of new tech.

Comment

Epic fail at Home Depot and Lowes! No dryer today. Home Depot won't deliver and set up clearance items and Lowes purges your card if you don't use it after 8 months, after you've paid it off. I constantly use the 12/24 no interest promotions, so back to the laundromat tomorrow lol!!

Comment

Toying seriously with the idea of learning how to play the electric guitar at age 52. They say you’re never to old to learn something new, so we’ll see if I test that theory...
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                          Toying seriously with the idea of learning how to play the electric guitar at age 52. They say you’re never to old to learn something new, so we’ll see if I test that theory...
                          Go for it.

Comment

I just started taking lessons a year ago at age 54. Can be frustrating at times. At least you will start spending your money on guitars and books, instead of just books.

Comment

Originally posted by taost33 View Post
                              I just started taking lessons a year ago at age 54. Can be frustrating at times. At least you will start spending your money on guitars and books, instead of just books.
                              Good to hear it’s doable, though I’m definitely not anticipating an easy path to rock stardom...I figure it might take, what, at least a month or two. ;-)

Don’t know what style or model you opted for, but I’m looking at a Yamaha Pacifica...by all reports, it’s a great first model to learn on and build skills.
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Good to hear it’s doable, though I’m definitely not anticipating an easy path to rock stardom...I figure it might take, what, at least a month or two. ;-)

Don’t know what style or model you opted for, but I’m looking at a Yamaha Pacifica...by all reports, it’s a great first model to learn on and build skills.
                                The Pacifica certainly gets good reviews and it is a sharp looking guitar. I have a Epiphone Les Paul custom, it was left at my house. So my decision was made for me. I eventually picked up a Fender F260s acoustic. It is difficult (on those around me) but fun. All the accessories add up, tuners, stands, lessons. Try not to let it cut into your book budget.

Comment

Working...
                                X