Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    That's a great deal on a $150 book. I also think the longer they sit around, the better your chances may be at getting a deal.

Although I've had pretty good success with it; some sellers don't understand how to correctly use Best Offer IMO. It should be used as a negotiation tool. I've received offers back for only $1 off the asking price
    Yeah, it's best to do some homework and see if anything comparable has sold recently and how much it got. Then make an offer a little (or lot) below the previous comparable selling price. Your offer should also take into account how many of the same item are currently available and how long that seller has been listing and re-listing that item.

A lot of times my offer will be rejected automatically because I'm so low. Sometimes they'll come back with a stupid counteroffer like you mentioned in your post. But sometimes they'll haggle a little bit and you can etch out an agreement.

I offered $150 for a copy of THE BOTTOMS that the seller listed for $220. There was no haggling--the buyer accepted my offer immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      Yeah, it's best to do some homework and see if anything comparable has sold recently and how much it got. Then make an offer a little (or lot) below the previous comparable selling price. Your offer should also take into account how many of the same item are currently available and how long that seller has been listing and re-listing that item.

A lot of times my offer will be rejected automatically because I'm so low. Sometimes they'll come back with a stupid counteroffer like you mentioned in your post. But sometimes they'll haggle a little bit and you can etch out an agreement.

I offered $150 for a copy of THE BOTTOMS that the seller listed for $220. There was no haggling--the buyer accepted my offer immediately.
      Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        It's my birthday today so if anybody wants to get me this, I won't mind!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mr-Darks-Carnival-Signed-Lettered-Glen-Hirshberg-Earthling-Halloween/163404966583?hash=item260bb1eab7:g:Cy8AAOSwm5xcAAw w:rk:1f:0

This is a holy grail of mine and I'm trying to figure out a way to make it happen, I just don't know how and IF i even want to pay that much. Though this is the first copy I've ever seen for sale.
        This copy of Mr. Dark's Carnival sold. Did someone in this forum buy it? Cap
        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Although I've had pretty good success with it; some sellers don't understand how to correctly use Best Offer IMO. It should be used as a negotiation tool. I've received offers back for only $1 off the asking price
          Ive had sellers tell me they’re solid on their price and aren’t open to offers. Uh, do you not understand what the whole male offer function is for?

Comment

Have a good day everyone!
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
              Have a good day everyone!
              You too, Tim! And best of luck to anyone caught in in the blizzard out east.

Comment

definitely chunky.
                Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
                Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I received both a package from PS and my Lonely Road Grab Bag, but both are Christmas Gifts to me from my wife... Knowing that I have unopened boxes of books just sitting there taunting me...it's kinda killing me.

Comment

I received both a package from PS and my Lonely Road Grab Bag, but both are Christmas Gifts to me from my wife... Knowing that I have unopened boxes of books just sitting there taunting me...it's kinda killing me.
                    Nice gifts! A little waiting is good for you, builds character. (Just keep telling yourself that, it will help pass the time)

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Nice gifts! A little waiting is good for you, builds character. (Just keep telling yourself that, it will help pass the time)
                      Luckily today is my last day off before Christmas and those four days will be VERY busy. I'll probably be too tired when I get home even think about books. Okay, that's not true, but I'm trying build some of that character thing you're talking about.

I also haven't forgotten that you're looking for a copy of The Exorcist. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

I agree with Martin. No peeking.

Comment

I agree with Martin. No peeking.
                          But it's soooo tempting...

Comment

Luckily today is my last day off before Christmas and those four days will be VERY busy. I'll probably be too tired when I get home even think about books. Okay, that's not true, but I'm trying build some of that character thing you're talking about.

I also haven't forgotten that you're looking for a copy of The Exorcist. I'll keep you posted.
                            Thanks, I have been watching eBay as people are receiving their boxes. So far only one has been listed and it is way too much money. Several of the Blatty Scripts are listed though.

Comment

Thanks, I have been watching eBay as people are receiving their boxes. So far only one has been listed and it is way too much money. Several of the Blatty Scripts are listed though.
                              I think I know the one you're talking about and I would agree that the price is pretty steep. I've seen the Blatty Scripts, along with Vampyricon and some copies of The Strain books pop up as well.

Comment

We used a couple of Exorcists in the grab bag, but not many. I didn't have many extras of them to use.
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X