No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Podcasts are tough for me. Few have been able to keep my interest for any length of time. I am most likely to listen to them if each episode ran about a 1/2 an hour. Beyond that it really depends on the content. General movie/entertainment discussion would greatly depend on the subject. There is a very broad range of options many would probably not interest me.

The book one intrigues me more but may suffer the same issue with content that is not of interest to me. If it focused more I would be more interested. One example would be to focus on Small Press books. Either spend some episodes on specific books and some episodes on 'behind the scenes' stuff with guests from different small press publishers, or a portion of the episodes on each topic. Something like that would intrigue me enough to give it a listen.

With regards to contributing, I would rule out contributing but am not sure I would have much to add.

Comment

I'd love a CD insider/small press/horror book club pod cast. Kinda like what Brian Keene was/is doing? I'd be happy to contribute though I have no idea how. It'd be great to talk about new authors and what's going on in horror nowadays. Maybe contact Ron Clinton's agent before he get's too famous!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        I'd love a CD insider/small press/horror book club pod cast. Kinda like what Brian Keene was/is doing? I'd be happy to contribute though I have no idea how. It'd be great to talk about new authors and what's going on in horror nowadays. Maybe contact Ron Clinton's agent before he get's too famous!
        I'm too busy defending Bentley Little's honor to take on something else. ;-)

My two cents:

I'm not really a film buff, so a film-oriented podcast wouldn't have much appeal for me...it also seems like there're a lot of those film-review channels around when I click around YouTube hoping to find new unboxing videos from Jeff, before too often leaving disappointed and dejected ...not sure if the same is true of the podcast scene.

As far as the behind-the-scenes book and publisher thing, I'd surely be a steady listener of that. That's primarily what my new column is about, and that's really what gets my juices flowing. I"m a relatively steady listener of Keene's The Horror Show, but even there...given the option between A). a new episode that discusses films or comic books (as is not uncommon for them to do) and B). an older episode about books and authors that I may have missed, I'll opt for B every time.

If the content is interesting, length is not really a concern, but that said, I've been traveling more than usual this summer, so Keene's 90-min./2-hour bits work well for me. But for just every day listening -- at night or lunch, etc. -- I would agree that a tight, concise 30 minutes is about right.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I’ve only listened to three podcasts ever. I used to listen to a Sounders (Seattle’s Major League Soccer team) centric one, and also the first season of Serial. Just last week I listened to my first one in probably three years - don’t remember the name but it had an hour+ long interview with Terry Moore - one of my favorite comic book creators.

Other than that, I never found anything that piqued my interest.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
            I'm too busy defending Bentley Little's honor to take on something else. ;-)

LOL made my day!
            Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
            Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Anybody else having issues uploading pictures to the forum? Every time I try I get a pop up that says "upload failed". I've tried multiple pictures and different browsers and get the same thing. Any suggestions?

Comment

E1AD8FDD-A3F5-46E3-B3EA-1AD162D7A4AF.jpg

Seems to be working for me. Using my iPad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  Anybody else having issues uploading pictures to the forum? Every time I try I get a pop up that says "upload failed". I've tried multiple pictures and different browsers and get the same thing. Any suggestions?
                  I'm with you...I've tried, and failed, to get a profile pic about five dozen times...I either get the "Image too large" message or the "Failed to upload" one. It is killing me to not see my old Martin Landau as Bela Lugosi "PULL THE STRING!" avatar.
                  http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hmm...I’m still having problems. Tried with my phone and still not working.

Comment

I uploaded some photo's yesterday without issue.

Comment

I figured that if I cropped the photos I was able to post them. If anybody has a better solution, please share!

Comment

Make sure you uncheck the default setting to have the pic saved and hosted on this site...that isn’t a viable option any longer. You have to host it elsewhere, provide the URL, and uncheck the hosting-here option, and you should be good to go.
                          Last edited by RonClinton; 08-12-2018, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Make sure you uncheck the default setting to have the pic saved and hosted on this site...that isn’t a viable option any longer. You have to host it elsewhere, provide the URL, and uncheck the hosting-here option, and you should be good to go.
                            Not sure - the picture I posted is hosted here and not on a third party’s site.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                              Not sure - the picture I posted is hosted here and not on a third party’s site.
                              Odd. I get an error whenever I try to do that...have for quite a while now.

Comment

Odd. I get an error whenever I try to do that...have for quite a while now.
                                That's VERY odd.

Comment

Working...
                                X