Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Well I've already browsed Betts, Ebay, and ABE. Didn't realize how much The Gunslinger cost(s) these days. Seemed not long ago I could score one (good copy probably some lean and DJ issue) for $700+ but it seems they have increased in value.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Lets just say if someone were to have received a certain amount of money, lets just say $600, should said person pay down a little debt or buy a book which they normally couldn't afford?
    Tell your wife that books are an investment! Look how the Suntup Misery has increased in value

I'm saving my spending pennies for Dune, and possibly a Suntup AGE this month, depending on what comes along. My wife and I allocate a certain dollar amount per week as personal spending money, so neither of us cares what the other spends it on. I tend to buy nothing much except books and bike stuff, and the bike I bought in November reduced my stash to zero. Back to accumulation mode!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Really I'm just looking for a bunch of replies encouraging me to spend the money unwisely. These replies will be used in my defense once my wife realizes what I've done.

I say it's your responsibility to stimulate the economy with your stimulus, so stimulate away!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Not sure what I want to buy yet. Thinking it may be a deposit to a 1st 1st of The Gunslinger.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Please show us the new book when you get it!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Lets just say if someone were to have received a certain amount of money, lets just say $600, should said person pay down a little debt or buy a book which they normally couldn't afford?
    Please show us the new book when you get it!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Really I'm just looking for a bunch of replies encouraging me to spend the money unwisely. These replies will be used in my defense once my wife realizes what I've done.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

You’ve come to the wrong place if you want a reasoned and practical answer to that question.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    You’ve come to the wrong place if you want a reasoned and practical answer to that question.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Happy New Year to all my Great Forum Friends. Hope for the best, plan for the worst and make the most of whatever comes our way. Find joy in the small things, as we strive for a bigger grander 2021!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    If anyone happens to be hungover today I would suggest some water and a big plate of pork and sauerkraut.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Hope everyone made it through the night safely and are enjoying a Happy New Year.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    PSA. Very important information:

Please be advised that tonight may include heavier than normal drinking. Be cautious. Be safe. Be smart.

And most importantly. No drunk book buying.

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Quick-Can anyone identify the book seen in one picture? ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    That's totally CD's fault - they're shipping their boxes upside down.

I kid!!! That's sarcasm folks.

Anyways Cap - I'm glad nothing was damaged.
    Actually the label was put on the bottom of the box. ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    The accordion variant

Leave a comment:

Working...
X