Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody else on Librarything? http://www.librarything.com/profile/mhatchett

Comment

^I'm not, though it looks interesting. I am on goodreads though.

Comment

Samhain Publishing is closing at the end of February. It's too bad--I've a bunch of great books from them and without their sales I may never have read any Hunter Shea, Maynard (&) Sims or Stephen Laws.

If anyone purchased ebooks it'd be a good time to make sure you still have your copies before their servers go dark.
        Last edited by bugen; 02-09-2017, 10:19 PM.
        “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
        -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

I just posted this on the RVA Horror Book Club Facebook page;
          " Good Day all and Sundry, I would like to invite members of the RVA Horror Club to visit the Cemetery Dance Forum http://www.cemeterydance.com/ Cemetery Dance Publications is a specialty publisher that puts out some Terrorific Horror/Fantastical Fiction. October Dreams (2000) is one of my all-time favorite Halloween anthologies. The forum is super laid back and the denizens that frequent it are very friendly. Writers, readers, reviewers, bloggers and collectors mix and mangle, a good time is had by all. The forum is a great place to keep up with new releases from lots of publishers and it’s also a great place to pick up deals, members buy, sell and trade all the time. I just picked up a slightly dinged copy of Vampyricon Trilogy: The Definitive Special Edition by Douglas Clegg for a really nice price. Many of us also found out that Subterranean press is releasing a new edition of Robert McCammon’s classic Swan Song. And finally it’s a good way to keep up with what’s going on across the pond with PS Publishing and other UK publishers because we have more than a few Brits show up. So, stop by and poke around, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. "
          Maybe we'll see some new fonts LOL!

Comment

It'd be nice to get some new blood in here!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
              It'd be nice to get some new blood in here!
              Are you saying we've gone stale, Dan?!

Comment

No, I'm saying I need more blood for the beast in my cellar. He's a hungry chap.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                  No, I'm saying I need more blood for the beast in my cellar. He's a hungry chap.

Comment

Drove by this little local business on a trip to the visit my mother-in-law
                    gravediggers variety.jpg

Comment

Just want to open on a good note, Mindy is DA Bomb. Close with, WTH is going on with 10/31 Butcher’s Story by Norman Partridge LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                        Just want to open on a good note, Mindy is DA Bomb. Close with, WTH is going on with 10/31 Butcher’s Story by Norman Partridge LOL!!
                        In I.T. we have the concept of VaporWare....software that is hyped and promised, but never delivered. I think 10/31 is the first in a new line of VaporBooks.
                        Last edited by rjmyers; 03-15-2017, 07:57 PM.

Comment

I have always wanted to find a way to get unique inexpensive slipcases. I think I've finally found a way. This October I'm enrolling in a Clamshell Box Making workshop. The class is offered by the School for Bookbinding Arts at Cat Tail Run, Winchester VA. I'll keep Y'all posted!

Comment

I have always wanted to find a way to get unique inexpensive slipcases. I think I've finally found a way. This October I'm enrolling in a Clamshell Box Making workshop. The class is offered by the School for Bookbinding Arts at Cat Tail Run, Winchester VA. I'll keep Y'all posted!
                            Oh, that's damn cool! I look forward to seeing/hearing of your progress.

Comment

So cool! I have at least three editions that I would make slipcases for.

Comment

Awesome. Look forward to hearing more about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X