Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    Anybody know if it is possible to get older dust jackets for hardcovers? I ask because I just received a HC copy (first printing it looks like) of de Felitta's The Entity, however it came without a dust jacket. Got this via thriftbooks,and the condition was listed as acceptable. Any thoughts?
    It's pretty difficult / impossible, unless the book is from a small press (like us) that have a hoarding problem.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Anybody know if it is possible to get older dust jackets for hardcovers? I ask because I just received a HC copy (first printing it looks like) of de Felitta's The Entity, however it came without a dust jacket. Got this via thriftbooks,and the condition was listed as acceptable. Any thoughts?
      These guys do replica dust jackets, but only for books published before 1976. I haven't seen anyone else do this. http://www.facsimiledustjackets.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
        It's pretty difficult / impossible, unless the book is from a small press (like us) that have a hoarding problem.
        I prefer to think of it as a hoarding talent!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
          These guys do replica dust jackets, but only for books published before 1976. I haven't seen anyone else do this. http://www.facsimiledustjackets.com/
          Thanks for this - sadly it doesn't look like they have what I need/want.

The perils of buying site unseen.

Comment

J.R.R. Tolkien vs George R.R. Martin rap battle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAAp_luluo0
            “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
            -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Happy Canada Day to all the Canucks on the board!

Comment

Happy 4th of July to my American brethren!

Comment

Happy (late) Canada Day to my fellows CD Canucks!

Also - Happy 4th of July to my friends south of the border as well!

Comment

Happy 4th to all and Sundry! Spending a rainy day weeding the collection. I've got three boxes together to take down and trade. Going to have to do more of this as I head toward retirement. Just wanted to post something I picked up the other day. I was and am, a fan of Warren Publications, especially Famous Monsters, Creepy and Erie. We used to plan Halloween costume's based on what we saw printed in these great horror magazines. We never achieved perfection but we sure had a lot of fun trying!
                    IMG_0662.jpg
                    Last edited by mhatchett; 07-04-2016, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                      Happy 4th of July to my American brethren!
                      Happy (late) Canada Day to my fellows CD Canucks!

Also - Happy 4th of July to my friends south of the border as well!
                      Thanks, Dan and Jamie! Happy belated C-Day to you guys as well!

Comment

, Mike

Comment

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Happy 4th!
                          “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                          -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                            It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Happy 4th!
                            Mmmmm. The smell of burnt powder in the air.

Comment

KC getting hammered with wind and rain tonight. My neighbor called me at 3:30 am (she's up at that time anyway and knows I work nights, but I wonder what her boyfriend would say if he knew she was calling me at that time--he hates me as it is.) and told me one of the trunks of the tree in my front yard fell over my driveway. There were five, but one fell back in 2011 and hit my attic. Now there's three. So now I have to park on the street--at a time when lots of construction vehicles on cleanup detail will be going through my neighborhood.

Sigh...
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                KC getting hammered with wind and rain tonight. My neighbor called me at 3:30 am (she's up at that time anyway and knows I work nights, but I wonder what her boyfriend would say if he knew she was calling me at that time--he hates me as it is.) and told me one of the trunks of the tree in my front yard fell over my driveway. There were five, but one fell back in 2011 and hit my attic. Now there's three. So now I have to park on the street--at a time when lots of construction vehicles on cleanup detail will be going through my neighborhood.

Sigh...
                                That sucks. Good luck with the cleanup. We've been lucky in that nothing has done serious damage to our house, just a broken window and a bent gutter, but having all these 60-year-old trees around can be scary.

Comment

Working...
                                X