Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a lot of books! LOL!!

Comment

KS just increase the cost of cigarettes by .50/pack to help cover its $400M short fall!

Even more books!
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Best Google doodle ever today......Eiji Tsuburaya birthday - the man behind Godzilla and my favourite after school TV show as a kid in the '80s... Ultraman! (The original one of course!)

Comment

"I couldn't live a week without a private library."

H.P. Lovecraft
          “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
          -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

I officially am now a fan of lots of packing peanuts. My copy of December Park came on Friday and the box looked like it had gone to war! Several holes, big dents, but the book was in perfect condition! Dark Advent is coming today!

Comment

This is extremely random and long overdo, I need to thank Dan Hocker for something very important. A few years back, Dan offered members of the forum a grab bag of ARCs and other publishers books for only the price of shipping. I took the chance and got some cool stuff. Now, I hadn't see my mother, who is 75, read many books in my life. I'm sure she read many in school and her younger years but none that I had ever seen except a few biographies. For whatever reason I gave her one of the proofs that Dan had sent me. It is called The Unseen by Katherine Webb and my mom LOVED that book (still unread by me). She's now read all of Webb's books and about 60 more (most of these are Nicholas Sparks Books )! We have very different tastes but I am so happy that I got her reading again and it might not have happened without Dan. THANK YOU SO MUCH DAN!!

Comment

Wonderful story!

Comment

Thanks man. I was pretty concerned when we did that promotion that people would not like any of that stuff, because it was so random and most of it way off genre. I'm glad you / your mom liked it.
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

To see my mom, who has many of the impairments you would expect for a 75 year old, be able to take her mind off of her pain and worries while reading is just great. I can't say thank you enough but I will say it one more time before it starts to get annoying. Thanks Dan and thanks CD!

Comment

Awesome! Funny how things work out sometimes, and this is a perfect example.

I think I got that grab bag, but received different books. One good thing about the grab bags, is it is a good way to be introduced to a new author/genre.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                        Awesome! Funny how things work out sometimes, and this is a perfect example.

I think I got that grab bag, but received different books. One good thing about the grab bags, is it is a good way to be introduced to a new author/genre.
                        Oh I think everyone received different books for that one, as it was all stuff that was sent to us for review, but hardly any of what's sent here is actually used for review as the reviewers tend to get their own copies and we basically get stuff daily. It's really stuff we can't sell either so it was either give it away just charging for shipping or throw it out.

Instagram

Comment

So someone has stolen FW Murnau's skull...

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/f-...la-1201540223/

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                            Oh I think everyone received different books for that one, as it was all stuff that was sent to us for review, but hardly any of what's sent here is actually used for review as the reviewers tend to get their own copies and we basically get stuff daily. It's really stuff we can't sell either so it was either give it away just charging for shipping or throw it out.
                            Maybe it was just me, but I do remember none of the books I received would be anything that you'd think CD would produce. Knowing they were not your books..... do you guys get a lot of off-genre stuff like this still? When you think of CD, you think horror, dark fiction - the ones I got were mostly crime fiction (if I remember correctly).

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                              Maybe it was just me, but I do remember none of the books I received would be anything that you'd think CD would produce. Knowing they were not your books..... do you guys get a lot of off-genre stuff like this still? When you think of CD, you think horror, dark fiction - the ones I got were mostly crime fiction (if I remember correctly).
                              We pretty much get every genre. I think how it works is that we just get put on a list for review copies, then we get baisically whatever they are sending out. In most instances I don't even think that any thought really goes into who they are sending the copies too, it's probably a pretty automated system, especially since almost all of the stuff we get comes from the big "trade" publishers. I'd say we probably get maybe 25 - 40% horror, dark fiction, thrillers. Then most of the rest is a mix between the other genres, with a lot of it being crime / detective / mystery stuff, as it's one of the most popular genres. We get a ton of stuff though ranging in various quality.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                                So someone has stolen FW Murnau's skull...

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/f-...la-1201540223/
                                Yeah I read about that earlier. Pretty strange. Wonder if it'll be found or auctioned off on some deep web black market.

Comment

Working...
                                X