• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Vacation has arrived!
    DSC_1382.JPG
    That looks like Haystack Rock…are you vacationing in Cannon Beach?

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Very nice. Hope you get some much needed R&R.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Nice!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Vacation has arrived!
    DSC_1382.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by c marvel View Post

So I learned a few weeks ago I am fine, I just have to have scan once a year. My new dr just unintentionally scared me saying what he did. It's too bad this business with the dr happened. ~Cap
    Good news, Steve!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    That is great news, Cap!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Good to hear all is well!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

So I learned a few weeks ago I am fine, I just have to have scan once a year. My new dr just unintentionally scared me saying what he did. It's too bad this business with the dr happened. ~Cap
    Glad to hear that. Life is finite, enjoy every minute you can!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Nothing like a jolt of Dr Talk to make us appreciate life LOL!! Glad everything is good.
    Last edited by mhatchett; 12-16-2021, 04:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    That is wonderful news my friend.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

That’s great news, Cap! I’m glad things aren’t what you had feared.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

That’s great news, Cap! I’m glad things aren’t what you had feared.

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    This week I learned some borderline bad news about myself. My job, car and housing are all good. It's a health issue (Not covid). For the present my condition is okay. In a couple years things may have changed. I'll learn more when I talk to my dr in November. I am not looking for sympathy. Simply put I have too many books and I have decided to try to downsize. I am trying to sell some Brian Keene novels. These are all S/L hardcovers. I am not good with pictures (I'm lousy at taking pictures). If you are really interested in a title contact me and I'll do my best to send you a picture or two. I'm really hoping I can sell some books here. ~Cap

Brian Keene novels for sale:
    Entombed
    Dead Sea SOLD
    Urban Gothic
    Unhappy Endings
    The Rising: Death In Four Colors
    The Rising: Selected Scenes From The End Of The World
    Castaways
    Last Of The Alabatwitches

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Never read that book but if I have to guess it has to do with the low elevation. It's similar to the area I live near. I am elevated for the area but along the coast they are between 7'-15' above sea level which means hurricanes typically do a good amount of damage.

Yes, the book is set in the fairly near future, and rising sea levels have flooded parts of Houston and many other low-lying cites around the world. I'm 20% in, according to my kindle, and enjoying it so far.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Never read that book but if I have to guess it has to do with the low elevation. It's similar to the area I live near. I am elevated for the area but along the coast they are between 7'-15' above sea level which means hurricanes typically do a good amount of damage.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I told my daughter about that property this morning, and her response was "Are we moving?". Ha, no, but I'd love a place like that.

As far as where to live, I'm going for altitude and West...still love the Tahoe area despite the price of entry. I'm currently reading Neal Stephenson's Termination Shock, and all I'll say is "Houston, we have a problem".

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I told my daughter about that property this morning, and her response was "Are we moving?". Ha, no, but I'd love a place like that.

As far as where to live, I'm going for altitude and West...still love the Tahoe area despite the price of entry. I'm currently reading Neal Stephenson's Termination Shock, and all I'll say is "Houston, we have a problem".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X