No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta see this, but then I'll realize how much I regret not being able to get one for myself.....

Comment

I figured we were doomed as a society when we started taking cultural cues from The O.C. (Chrismukkah), but now we're getting lessons on morality from Amazon (Tom & Jerry labelled as racist). We really are hopeless. Oh well, I suppose I should thank Amazon for reminding me that I was raised to be a racist--I'd forgotten for the last 48 years.
      Last edited by srboone; 10-03-2014, 04:15 AM.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

There's always hope man, don't give up!! Though, I have to admit, these end of the world scenarios don't really seem like such a terrible thing LOL!!!
        MDH

Comment

I haven't completely given up hope. Common sense usually triumphs over imbecilic know-it-alls who intrepret history though their modern perpectives. Someone published The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn without the "racism" of Twain and it didn't fare very well.
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

People have forgotten that....IF YOU FORGET ABOUT THE PAST YOU ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT!!!!!..... So let's sweep slavery under the rug lets sweep how women were treated under the rug and let's sweep how we treated Native Americans under the rug. We can then continue to be ignorant and just go about like nothing happened and then redo all our mistakes over and over and over. We have become to soft. Squire your statement about Amazon makes me not want to shop there again. We are out of control and to think...I thought there were real problems going on like world hunger ,wars and deadly strains of Ebola among other things.......sorry my rant is done.............for now.

Comment

KC Royals are up 2-0 in the ALDS! (Much to the charging of Halos fans...)

Last edited by srboone; 10-06-2014, 03:10 AM.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Anybody else getting ready for Halloween? Beautiful day for Pumpkins, football and hanging ghosts.
                MDH

Comment

Yes! I begin my Halloween festivities every year by watching "The Boogieman," the 5th episode of the third season of Quantum Leap (my favorite TV series). It is the "Stevie King" episode for you non-Leapers out there. Check it out if you haven't seen it.
                  Last edited by srboone; 10-06-2014, 10:43 AM.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Started my October reading last week. I have read Orangefield so far and I am working my way through Four October's, Trick or Treat, and The October Country. I also have read Johnny Halloween. I am moving along at a good pace so I will probably add more.. including the new Ronald Kelly ebook of Halloween stories. As far as movies go. So far I have introduced my younger son ( well he is fifteen) to The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Last night I watched the new Carrie remake. Liked almost as much as the original. We will see what else as the month moves on.

Comment

also try to get a group read going on goodreads. We will be reading Douglas Clegg The Halloween Man.

Comment

We usually decorate the yard with Halloween type stuff if we are handing out candy on the big night, which is a Friday this year. My daughter is 15, so pretty much done with the trick or treat thing, but may get dressed up and hand out stuff. We have a fog machine, and a few props. Still don't know if we are doing it up or not yet - should probably decide soon.

Other than that, I like looking on the TV for some good horror type movies, but they are usually hard to find, or they conflict with other things that I want to watch. NHL regular seasons kicks off Wednesday night (finally!). Although, cheering for Toronto is a nightmare in itself a lot of times!

As far as reads: I am usually horror most times anyway, and don't have any Halloween specific reads really, unless Halloween Children shows up soon.

Comment

son's are 17 and 15 and they are still looking forward to running around getting candy. This is my oldest sons last year though. He graduates in June so I told him once in College no more trick or treating. Besides he takes his little sister out every year and keeps an eye on her. Though she's not so little anymore. She just turned 13 this past spring. God I'm old..

Comment

The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, The Corman Films and Sleepy Hollow with Jeff Goldblum HAHAHA!!! On the Reading side, A Night in the Lonesome October Zelazny, Next After Lucifer and Club Dumas. House is decorated. I have to keep up the neighborhood tradition.
                            MDH

Comment

I think I'm going to finally break open October Dreams. Been meaning to for a long while now, so what better time than now.

Comment

Second Blood Moon of 2014 at 625 am EDT and will last til 724 am EDT for all you stargazers (or graveyard shift stiffs) out there. 30 minutes to go!
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X