Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aahhhhh....the good ol' days.....

http://www.anorak.co.uk/399829/news/...-be-dead.html/

I was born in '73, and can relate to a lot of this.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post

Yeah, I relate to all. And combinations, too. I hated when my mother smoked. She says when she would light up in the car I would jump off her lap, climb over both seats and settle into the back of the station wagon. And we could manage to play outside all day without any contact with home, except when we came in for lunch.
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post

I'm older than you, and remember plenty of it too.

I used to sleep on the parcel shelf under the back window of the car.

I was riding my tricycle a mile to my grandparents' house (thru a town) when I was three.

I walked to school by myself when I was six (around 1.5 miles).

From ages 8 - 12 or so, we played constantly on building sites. They built over a thousand houses in our area in that era, and we had fun building our own with sheet rock and wood. We also built some crazy ramps for our bikes.

My daughter is 9 now, and some of the other parents are shocked that we let her walk/ride a couple of blocks to a friend's house, or play with her friends in the backyard with no supervision.

Comment

It's funny (in a bad way) how our perspective changes. I think kids are way too pampered these days. My daughter is 15 (yikes!) and it's just amazing how much different 2014 is compared to 1988 (when I was 15).

Comment

Halfway through season one of True Detective and it is absolutely amazing! I'm at that push and pull stage where on one hand I want to watch the last four episodes in one sitting because I want to see what happens, but on the other hand I'm enjoying the show so much I don't want it to end. So stinking good!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              Halfway through season one of True Detective and it is absolutely amazing! I'm at that push and pull stage where on one hand I want to watch the last four episodes in one sitting because I want to see what happens, but on the other hand I'm enjoying the show so much I don't want it to end. So stinking good!
              Loved that show. Comcast had a week of free shows from various networks, and this was one of the shows me and my wife watched and loved. Really like that it was this one case for the whole season. Really liked the added stuff after the episodes that talked about the episode too
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

Oh, and I liked that it was all written by the same guy, instead of several writers. The only negative to that is that it may be a while before a 2nd season.
                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                  Oh, and I liked that it was all written by the same guy, instead of several writers. The only negative to that is that it may be a while before a 2nd season.
                  Same director for the whole season as well, I think. The wait for season two might be unbearable, but if it maintains the high standards then it will be worth it. I don't know if the after show stuff is on the bluray, though I'd be interested in it. I've stayed away from almost all articles and bonus features about the show to avoid spoilers. Should have it finished this weekend and I plan on delving into the heavy analysis shortly
                  after.

Comment

HBO has given a tentative date of January 2015 for season two of True Detective.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      HBO has given a tentative date of January 2015 for season two of True Detective.
                      Well, that's not too bad of a wait, though I wouldn't be surprised to see that change. Hope not though!

Comment

Happy Canada Day to fellow Canadians here on CD forums!!!!

Comment

Yes Happy Canada Day!
                          This is where all my book dealers down south should have to offer me free shipping for a gift.

Comment

Happy Canada Day BoyS! Caught this one my facebook, thought i'd share. It's true without being overly sereotypical like when amercians do it...lol...

Comment

Looking for a nice place to sit down and read.........

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2014/07/can...d-benches#more

Comment

Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans! Enjoy your hotdogs, beer, and fireworks and be thankful we're not servile to the British Crown anymore. Too bad that getting rid of unfair and exhorbitant taxes didn't last very long.
                                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Working...
                                X