• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by c marvel View Post

Are you serious?? If true, does anyone have a picture of this dog? ~Cap
    I believe Shippo is a company that provides shipping software for small e commerce businesses. They may offer more services than that but I am sure. Regarding the dogs (cats, birds, snails, fish) of Cemetery Dance they are featured on the CD website. https://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/photo-gallery/

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Shippo, The CD Warehouse Dog.
    Are you serious?? If true, does anyone have a picture of this dog? ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    I got a package from CD today. On the bottom of the package label I see a wolf? / dog picture looking up at an angle and the word Shippo. What is Shippo? ~Cap
    Shippo, The CD Warehouse Dog.

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    I got a package from CD today. On the bottom of the package label I see a wolf? / dog picture looking up at an angle and the word Shippo. What is Shippo? ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Sounds like a great week! Congrats!

Thanks! I wasn’t looking to load up on titles the week. Some of these were a little impulsive. A SCANNER DARKLY and STORM FRONT, mainly. Both are from publishers and in genres I don’t normally collect. We’ll see if Future-Me curses Current-Me for not being more frugal. ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Looks like a great set of preorders! Who wrote ROSE-COLORED HOUSE...? Not familiar with that one...

I ended up skipping all of this week’s cool preorders and instead just picked a set of Centipede titles that I’m very excited to snag (after regretting passing on them).
    ROSE-COLORED HOUSE is by Gwendolyn Kiste. I’m not familiar with the book or the author. It’s the 3rd book in TSB’s Tempest line so I bought it on faith. We’ll see how it goes.

Congrats on the Centipede books. Look forward to seeing the pics when they arrive.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    This has been a very expensive book week. Over the last seven days, my PayPal has been working overtime with the following purchases.

A Scanner Darkly (Suntup)
    Grady Hendrix bundle (SST)
    The Night Country (Lividian)
    Storm Front (Grim Oak)
    The Rose-Colored House Where They Died (Thunderstorm)

I had CD credit to help with The Night Country, but now I think I’m officially poor. But preorder happy!
    Looks like a great set of preorders! Who wrote ROSE-COLORED HOUSE...? Not familiar with that one...

I ended up skipping all of this week’s cool preorders and instead just picked a set of Centipede titles that I’m very excited to snag (after regretting passing on them).

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Sounds like a great week! Congrats!

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    This has been a very expensive book week. Over the last seven days, my PayPal has been working overtime with the following purchases.

Storm Front (Grim Oak)

I had CD credit to help with The Night Country, but now I think I’m officially poor. But preorder happy!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

Storm Front (Grim Oak)

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    That is really sad about the library. I've worked in construction management for just about 20 years. I was on a project once, where we ran a large crane across a water main underground, this resulted in the main cracking. I can vouch that the water comes out amazingly fast and takes a bit of time to cut off and loss pressure.
    This was a very old cast iron 18" water main. They estimate about 25% of the cities water flows through this pipe. The explanation is that a backhoe made contact causing a crack. The crack turned into a rupture quickly from the water pressure. The tough thing is that as part of the construction project this pipe was about a week from being replaced.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    That is really sad about the library. I've worked in construction management for just about 20 years. I was on a project once, where we ran a large crane across a water main underground, this resulted in the main cracking. I can vouch that the water comes out amazingly fast and takes a bit of time to cut off and loss pressure.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Wow! That cost someone a pretty penny.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Man, that's a lot of water.
    They estimate 1.4 Million gallons of water was released. By the way the building sits it was primarily directed into the building. They say the entire basement was filled and over three feet of the first floor. They are trying now to restore operations using the currently closed libraries. At this point customers are unable to request new books for pick up or delivery. They also say that many of the books that were not directly flooded may be lost due to moisture as it took three days to get the water drained from the building.
    Here are photo's of the watermain break:
    CityofVancouverPhoto_WaterMainBreak_6pm2_Sat_10032020-2048x1884.jpgCityofVancouverPhoto_WaterMainBreak-6pm_Sat_10032020-2048x1670.jpg
    Last edited by Martin; 10-07-2020, 03:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    R.I.P., Eddie Van Halen. As if 2020 hadn’t kicked us in the gut enough. VH was one of the big three of the soundtrack of my early life, and are still on heavy rotation in my car and motorcycle helmet to this day. I still harbored hope I’d see VH reunite with Sammy Hagar and tour, and I’d get a chance to see ‘em, older and rougher around the edges, but aren’t we all...
    This is a tough one. First Neil Peart and now Eddie Van Halen. 2020 continues to really suck. When that first Van Halen record came out in 1978 nobody had heard guitar playing even remotely close to Eddie's. It was like something from outer space, it was so different from anything that had came before. A huge part of my teen-age years is gone with Eddie's passing.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Arguably the greatest rock guitarist of all time. My heart goes out to his family. Haggar, Michael Anthony and Jason Bonham are creating some great music to this day. Check out Sammy Haggar and The Circle on Youtube. Their Lockdown and @HOME sessions are great!
    With Satriani as well doing the Chickenfoot thing (though it is nice to see S & Circle doing some of the VH songs). There’s a version of them doing Deep Purple’s Highway Star (found on YouTube) that’s just incredible.

https://youtu.be/GQVTtpE9J7s
    Last edited by RonClinton; 10-07-2020, 06:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X