No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting 6-10 inches of snow right now. At least I get to work from home, so no commute.

Comment

We are at -12°C (11 F) here in snowy Windsor, Ontario. Winter storm coming - another 3-5 inches of snow. But, sitting in a tree outside my work this morning.....
      Feb 3 2014 robin.jpg

a robin..... one of the signs of spring in this area at least.
      There was actually 2 of them, but the other one flew off when I tried to get a pic.

Comment

YOU SCARED SPRING AWAY?????

What were you thinking????

#@!!^%##^&*!
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

So....about that robin......

It usually takes me about 15 mins max to get to work, well this morning with a snowfall warning (15-20cm expected (6-8")) it took me like 45 mins!

Comment

We had ice last night, but it changed to rain at around 6am. There are power outages all over the place. I have power and am connected to work via remote desktop, but the network is overloaded and keeps dropping the connection. I'm not getting a lot done today!

Back yard pic from earlier...the creek is a lot higher now.

P1080011-001.jpg

Comment

Wish my backyard had a creek of at least some trees.

Comment

Great pic ... though you can keep the snow and ice

Comment

Send the snow out west, we need it here. Just make sure it goes to the mountains and not the valleys.

Comment

Careful what you wish for!
                    Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                    Send the snow out west, we need it here. Just make sure it goes to the mountains and not the valleys.

Comment

That's why I put the conditions on the request. I really don't like snow unless it's up in the mountains where I don't have to shovel it and drive in it. But I have friends who are farmers and I know how badly they need it here and how it's needed in so many areas of the west.

Comment

I hear you. We need a lot more snow up in the mountains. I am hearing reports of 1 to 6 inches hear in Vancouver this weekend. Considering with a dusting everyone forgets how to dirve it could get interesting.
                        Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                        That's why I put the conditions on the request. I really don't like snow unless it's up in the mountains where I don't have to shovel it and drive in it. But I have friends who are farmers and I know how badly they need it here and how it's needed in so many areas of the west.

Comment

Exactly, I'm more concerned how other people drive in it than myself. I learned early on how to drive in deep snow so watching transplanter people from warmer climes (cough CA cough) is scary. It rains and they forget how to drive.

Comment

Lots of snow coming my way, we will probably lose power for a while, hope there aren't any big announcements in the next week or so

Comment

Snow here today too. Our "up to half an inch" ended up as around three inches. At least this time it's light and fluffy, so clearing the sidewalk & driveway didn't take too long.

More snow coming on Wednesday!

Comment

Just got an email notifying me that Brian James Freeman is now following me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X