Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theli View Post
    Seems like everyone is sick these days. Well take it easy, hope you all feel better soon.

T-Dogz: nice nose job!
    Thanks, Theli! I am very proud of my new nose, I can even breathe better now too!

I hope you feel better soon, Copefiend2.
    Last edited by T-Dogz_AK47; 01-13-2014, 06:46 AM.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Comment

With so many people on this forum currently sick with flu, I hope someone hasn't been pissing about in a Project Blue facility and accidentally released Captain Trips into the environment.
      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
      - Stephen King

Comment

Well, today it made it up to 40 degrees F, which makes it an 85 degree difference between the feels like temps from today and the low a week ago! Crazy!
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
          Not surprised everyone is talking about the snow on here. Had to take a snow day on friday then got stuck in my driveway saturday and was late for work. We haven't gotten it as bad as some places though. -30C on the weekend though which sucked but since Im in calgary we get alot of warmer weather this time of year and by warmer i mean an average of 5c to -15c as apposed to Edmontons almost constant -30C
          This should get a chuckle out of you. Early last week during the "polar vortex" Windsor, ON set an all time (since records have been kept) low temp of -25°C, and wind chill got close to -40. Also, had 2 days of high temps around -20C. Add close to 11" of snow leading up to it - had 3 days of no school buses in county, 2 in city. Some places out in the county had snow drifts pushing 6 feet (near Lake Erie) as the winds were pretty strong too from the SW (coming off the lake).

4 days later leads us into temps as high as +8C (low to mid 40s F), and most of the snow is melted (about 3 inches left, and we had over a foot on the ground).

Gotta love extreme southwestern Ontario winters! Last year we maybe 6" snow total for the winter.

Comment

6 days ago, it was -25 F in KCMO. Yesterday, it hit 61 F. I get allergy atttacks on severe temp changes. Yesterday was bad; today, I'm fine!
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              6 days ago, it was -25 F in KCMO. Yesterday, it hit 61 F. I get allergy atttacks on severe temp changes. Yesterday was bad; today, I'm fine!
              My body doesn't care for the changes either. I tend to get canker sores when there is a big shift, mainly in the winter time. Weather basically isn't my friends, lol. In addition to that, I have MS and high heat and very cold weather give me problems with my MS. So when it was extremely cold last week I didn't leave my apartment. I barely even went into the bedroom since it can get colder in there. I luckily have a VERY comfortable power recline couch, so I had a very comfortable spot to sleep.
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

I'm not sure if this is normal or not but it annoys me.
                I ordered some books that are coming from Canada via Expedited USA Service. The package was picked up by Canada Post on 1/2 and was transferred over to the trusty, old Pony Express, er, USPS on 1/3 as acknowledged by both parties. Expected delivery as quoted by Canada post was 1/7. Here it is January 15 and only today did another scan happen showing progress by USPS all the way to Chicago. Seriously? I sure hope the package doesn't arrive in 'dragging behind the pony' condition.

Comment

I would be aggravated as well. I currently have this same problem with 3 paintings that should have been delivered last week. USPS doesn't update their tracking like they should and situations like this also leave you wondering why you pay extra for shipping if they're going to be this slow about it. No one likes to pay for things just to have them floating around in Postal Limbo.
                  Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                  I ordered some books that are coming from Canada via Expedited USA Service. The package was picked up by Canada Post on 1/2 and was transferred over to the trusty, old Pony Express, er, USPS on 1/3 as acknowledged by both parties. Expected delivery as quoted by Canada post was 1/7. Here it is January 15 and only today did another scan happen showing progress by USPS all the way to Chicago. Seriously? I sure hope the package doesn't arrive in 'dragging behind the pony' condition.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                    A lot of mail service was delayed due to the Polar Vortex. We do business with people in Chicago and we were stuck waiting on mail to make its way between us.
                    Last edited by Joe315; 01-15-2014, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Hey everyone, been a weird last 4 months or so. The craziness before the wedding, the amazing wedding and honeymoon, and then unfortunately illness and feeling pretty down after getting back to normal life. But i'm feeling a lot better now and am going to try and be a part of the forum again.
                      Also if anyone would like to see a few wedding pics, there are some on our photographer's blog ... http://jasminchadwick.co.uk/tom-nico...-edge-hotel-2/

Comment

Congratulations! and glad to hear you're feeling better.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                          A lot of mail service was delayed due to the Polar Vortex. We do business with people in Chicago and we were stuck waiting on mail to make its way between us.
                          Well, seems they are getting things back to normal. My package is almost here now, making it from Chicago to Denver yesterday.

Comment

Wonderful pictures!! You two make a beautiful couple. Congratulations!!

Comment

Thanks, though i know it's my wife that carries me in the photos
                              And a tip for every man out there, do not lose your wedding ring 2 days into the honeymoon!

Comment

Damn. Did you find it?

Comment

Working...
                                X