No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a brief tangent, I see a certain Uncle Steve is now on Twitter. Seek ye @StephenKing and say hi.
    The home of your least humble servant, Mr Poll: http://lucianpoll.com
    Then, of course, there's the Twitter thing: @LucianPoll
    ...oh, and the Facebook thing too: https://www.facebook.com/lucian.poll

Comment

Great but busy weekend between decking the halls and the annual Christmas parade. Lots of fun. Now we need snow. Next weekend just as busy with Christmas plays the kids are in plus school concerts. plus there might be a camping trip before Christmas.

Comment

Holy crap! A lettered edition of The Rising by Keene.just went for $2375.00 on Ebay! I'd hate to have been the guy who bid 2300 and got beat out by 75 bucks!

Comment

That's pretty ridiculous. The numbered goes for around $200 which I thought was expensive enough. I'm glad Thunderstorm re-issued it, so I was able to get it for a relatively reasonable price.

For anyone who missed it, CD has 33% off sale for today only.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
            I don't usually wonder about that. I do wonder if the post office actually uses all 3 of the custom forms we have to include in priority mail international shipments.
            When it gets to me there is only one form attached if that helps

Comment

Hi guys, Doing a quick catch up. Haven't been around much lately since I can't sit on here for hours at work like I used to. congrats to Brian on the new baby! Happy Belated Thanksgiving my amercian friends! Looks like it has been slow around here anyway...I will be back to update my collection after Christmas I am sure If i am not back sooner.

I don't know if I mentioned it but Overlook finally got back to me about the Doctor Sleep, Shining, Before the play set and told me they were still waiting on the slipcase. I had to send them an angry email before they did, they didn't respond to my first email or Masons since it was his order.(Part of last years christmas) Dealing with places like that are why I love cemetery dance. A quick question on the forum or an email to Mindy, Brian or Dan and you get the information you are looking for...or the updates page which is wonderful. There was no indication on a release date anywhere on their site, no update email, nothing. Not even a quick response to my email until I got upset.

Comment

I just did a count and I currently have 12 (which includes the two in the 2014 book club) CD books currently on order.
                Last edited by Joe315; 12-17-2013, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Including the 4 in the CDCC and CDBC I have 24 on order. With multiple copies of 4. I'm having too much fun on this site lately. All other publishers 9 titles.

Comment

You guys got me curious so i had to do a quick count. I have 21 preorders through CD and 4 through other publishers. I didn't think I had so many. I really really need to get caught up on my reading!

Comment

not including Turn Down The Lights, which I got my shipping notice today, I only have 2 on order...LOL

Comment

Wow you guys got a lot on back order!

For me I think I have 4 from CD and 2 from elsewhere.

Comment

My other publishers grab bag.
                          PC limited copy of Vector Borne by Michael Mcbride
                          Gauntlet limited edition of Created By by Richard Christian Matheson
                          Repeat of Eulogies II

All in all I'm happy I bought it.

Comment

I have Four Halloweens and Language of Fear. Plus, whatever I get on the CDCC4 too.

Despite that, my collection keeps growing. I will have to get some more pics posted. The local second hand stores have so much to choose from. One has 2 copies of Weaveworld that I passed on this trip. One has a signed Koontz Odd Apocalypse even!

Comment

It was just over one year ago today that the world ended and was replaced by something even more bizarre, according to the Mayans. Douglas Adams probablably would have agreed.

This timer counted down the days, hours, minutes and seconds to 21Dec2012--now it's counting up!

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...11&sec=11&p0=0
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Merry Christmas to one and all!
                                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Working...
                                X