X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• srboone
    replied
    Early Reader's Club

This is so Keelan can have his thread back!

My shipping notice said to expect the ERC 4.0 packacge on Wednesday, but I got it today! (I guess the holiday shipping hasn't started in earnest yet.) Looking foward to discovering Alan Peter Ryan (nice cover art by Tomislav Tikulin) and reading Russo's Undead. I also enjoy Quigley's chapbooks. All in all, a nice package.

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    I on the other hand am very pleased with the arc's in ER 4.0. Haven't heard of Alan Peter Ryan so this will give me a chance to check him out, Kin sounds very interesting so that should be an enjoyable read, Undead and Horror Hall of Fame were books I was on the fence about picking up so it's nice I'll get them here! The Woman, well that's one I really wanted and I pre-ordered it from CD so I guess the early readers discount wont be usable on this now, but I'll have two editions of the book so that's nice!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by JDar. View Post
    THE WOMAN/Jack Ketchum - the Leisure TPB is in my TBR
    UNDEAD/John Russo - the two original PBs are in my TBR
    KIN/Kealan Patrick Burke - I'm looking fwd to reading the signed ltd edition I rec'd over a week ago
    HORROR HALL OF FAME STOKER WINNERS - I have most, if not all of these stories
    THE BACK OF BEYOND/Alan Peter Ryan - is the only ARC that I consider a true Early Readers Club selection

Kealan, sorry for the high-jack

Jan
    I am sorry for that then, but again these are for books we are putting out. Not books put out by other publishers. Here's the text from the original announcement. Kin is the only one that really goes against that. I am sorry that you're disappointed, the only thing I can tell you is that this is how we've always done the early readers club.

The members of the brand new Cemetery Dance Early Readers Club 4.0 will receive Advance Reader Copies/Galleys/Uncorrected proofs for FIVE different upcoming Cemetery Dance releases before the general public -- maybe even before the books are even announced!

Leave a comment:

• JDar.
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    4 of the 5 can't be stories you already have, as only 1 of those 5 is already out. You may have purchased 4 of the 5 already, but it is not possible to have them. As far as to why it's called a early readers club, it's because in most cases you will get to read the book before the book is actually out. Kin is the exception to the rule as the book was completed a bit faster than expected. This is how our early readers club's have always been (at least as long as I have worked here).
    THE WOMAN/Jack Ketchum - the Leisure TPB is in my TBR
    UNDEAD/John Russo - the two original PBs are in my TBR
    KIN/Kealan Patrick Burke - I'm looking fwd to reading the signed ltd edition I rec'd over a week ago
    HORROR HALL OF FAME STOKER WINNERS - I have most, if not all of these stories
    THE BACK OF BEYOND/Alan Peter Ryan - is the only ARC that I consider a true Early Readers Club selection

Kealan, sorry for the hi-jack

Jan
    Last edited by JDar.; 11-07-2011, 03:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by JDar. View Post
    Same here. Very disappointed that 4 of the 5 ARCs are stories I already have. Why call it the Early Readers Club?

Jan
    4 of the 5 can't be stories you already have, as only 1 of those 5 is already out. You may have purchased 4 of the 5 already, but it is not possible to have them. As far as to why it's called a early readers club, it's because in most cases you will get to read the book before the book is actually out. Kin is the exception to the rule as the book was completed a bit faster than expected. This is how our early readers club's have always been (at least as long as I have worked here).

Leave a comment:

• JDar.
    started a topic Early Reader's Club

Early Reader's Club

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Interesting; got the book Kin before the ARC; others I've already ordered plus an unnanounced one!
    Same here. Very disappointed that 4 of the 5 ARCs are stories I already have. Why call it the Early Readers Club?

Jan
Working...
X